New Bus System

mk12a

They new system is only being used at Downtown right now. They have been testing it for the last two weeks. EPCOT will be trying it next. Possibly next week depending on how many bugs have been found during DTD testing. Right now, we still have to call in to dispatch and they give us a 5-digit code that we have to input into the terminal (the black box you see on the dash). The input of that code automatically changes the marquees, plays the correct music, starts the spiels, etc. So if the marquee was wrong, then that is a bug that needs to be fixed. Eventually, (fall time frame) we won't have to call in for dispatch, the box will automatically give us the dispatch. As with all new things, it takes time to learn, so please be patient with the bus drivers! :)

brertigger

We did get a driver one time named "Walt" appropriately enough. He was a GREAT informant to Disney facts...and even though I knew them all it was still fun cause my girlfriend hadn't heard them. Plus he also had been with Disney for years and years and had attended the original Worlds Fair where Walt Disney had shown "It's a Small World," "WEDway," and "Great Moments with Mr Lincoln." It was made even better when he showed us all the program from the event that he had kept all those years. It was one of the rare times you run into some major Disney magic. We were totally late for whatever it was we were doing (goes to show how important it was) to stay and talk to him as his stop at the Magic Kingdom was his last of the day. Magic happened that day so the spiel automated is great. But hopefully the driver can take back over in the case of Walt.

I have been on Walt's bus before. He is a wonderful CM. Hopefully some CMs continue to give interesting trivia even with the new system.

DDuckFan130

Now I sure hope that they do play some themed music, but keep in mind the time of day. Play the post music from Wishes after the MK closes, or maybe the music from the post show at Illuminations. Animal kingdom never closes that late, so I guess they wouldn't have to do much. For MGM, I don't know what would work out well. Got any ideas?
MGM could have the Fantasmic music they play when we're exiting the ampitheater :)

I am excited about these changes. Hopefully I'll get to see it over Memorial Day weekend :D

ckvin

I've only ever had one awful experience on a bus...otherwise, I've always enjoyed the excitement of riding to the parks and the exhaustion of going back to the hotel. If they can make riding the buses a little better, I'm all for it!

I wonder if they'll be able to turn off the music when you're taking that 1am bus back from MK!

Dayma

We just got back Saturday so here is my take on the buses...

1. Not all the buses have the new music. I would say about 50% of the buses we were on had it.
2. Some of the music was loud as heck to the point people were asking them to turn it down.
3. Wrong music playing for the different parks.

Basically they are working out the bugs...

With that being said... When it worked it was really nice and I thought it set the tone really well for entering the parks and going back to your resorts.

mpaul32001

I think the bugs are still being worked out but when my and ProjectTracker were going back and forth between Epcot and MGM, right when we were going in the gate "Hooray for Hollywood" started to play. I think there is a sensor that tells the bus system to play that song when entering the gate. It was awesome. The Epcot bus was boring with the OLD entrance loop, that didn't have Soarin' but did have the Living Seas. Even I have the new entrance loop on my IPOD. I thought it would be easy for Disney to put it in. Oh well....

Lucky

Music on the way to the parks is fine if it's not turned up too loud. On the way back to the resort at 10 or 11 PM, the less noise on the bus the better. Who needs more contrived stimulation at that point?

dismedic1

Got back last Friday, The new bus system has good and bad points, The music was pleasant when it was played and on Q for the most part, Seemed odd that some buses never had any display of where they had been going (ie: POR to MK) the banner on the buses was blank and when the driver had been asked at the bus stop they appeared taken back by the question where the bus was going. Hard to tell when nothing is posted on the bus now isn't it. Seemed some operators just wanted to do what they wished with the system some constantly overriding the system while driving why I have no idea, The nightly returns had been pleasant no blaring music just nice subtle music of the PO track, Some drivers did audio over ride at times with usual Disney trivia I would miss that if it ever did go away.

Not only the buses have the new spiels but the boats also although again that was truly a operator issue as to if they chose to use the pre recorded spiels or not.

The idea of dispatching additional buses to zones that need them worked on occasion, but still wait times at some parks had been increased as again the system still needs work.

On another note seemed that the operators of the buses had a bad week saw at least three accidents that involved Disney buses.

All in all when it does get all the bugs out it will be a good system.

Speaking of bugs at times I thought they changed the colors of the buses to black on the front, the love bugs had been out in full force.

sillyspook13

Yesterday the buses from Animal Kingdom to TTC and Epcot to Animal Kingdom had the new system.

* The bus from Animal Kingdom didn't have the destination displayed. I usually expect this when I take a bus from Animal Kingdom early in the morning because normally they're only dropping off guests.

* I commented on the new system to the bus driver, he said, "It will be great when we get it working properly."

* Overall I enjoyed the themed music. My personal favorite was the song from the safari that played as the bus arrived at Animal Kingdom.:)

* I thought the volume was fine.

sillyspook13

:lol:

Usually, a little talking is fine.

But you probably haven't experience one, who thinks they know everything about Disney World, and 99% of the information they give is false.

They just keep talking, and talking, and talking, and talking, and talking......and talking.

Sometimes, their talking leads to slower driving, because they want to make sure they have enough time to say everything they have to say. :lol:

Sometimes, they think their comedians as well, and keep on being annoying.

It's especially bad when you're tired, and you just want to get to the place you're going.
Like this? (I think we had this same guy as a trolley driver in Las Vegas...:lookaroun )

"The best restaurant in all of Disney World is called Bomer. That's spelled B-O-M-E-R. It's at the Animal Kingdom Hotel."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom