New Bus System

Bratstarman

Right now only DTD is using the new system but Epcot is suppose to be coming online next week. There are going to be 3 phases to the rollout of the system so thats why the drivers are a little confused about some stuff.

Wow, that is a huge improvement if the drivers are now only just a little confused.

saltmom1

Disney have designed the PA system to occasionally give guests unsubstaniated rumours and info on possible new parks. This will fully replicate the bus driver experience without the driver having to keep his mind off the road. :lookaroun
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

the-reason14

:lol:

Usually, a little talking is fine.

But you probably haven't experience one, who thinks they know everything about Disney World, and 99% of the information they give is false.

They just keep talking, and talking, and talking, and talking, and talking......and talking.

Sometimes, their talking leads to slower driving, because they want to make sure they have enough time to say everything they have to say. :lol:

Sometimes, they think their comedians as well, and keep on being annoying.

It's especially bad when you're tired, and you just want to get to the place you're going.

Ive had one of those, but suprisingly the dude actually knew what he was talking about. It was a late bus drive from MK to Pop half century and he was just spitting out disney facts left and right, I was tired and at first wanted him to shut the ________ up, but afterwhile I was entertained.

rdour@techminds

Dead quiet bus.

I remember taking a trip from Epcot to Pop, and the bus driver made a wonderful comment. It was a bus after EMH.

"Wow, you know this is very rare. This is how the bus sounds when it is empty. All of you must be dead tired. If you want, take a nap and I'll wake all of you up when we get to Pop."

Some people laughed, and then the trip was dead silent the entire way to Pop. No crying kids, no cheerleaders (December 9th or 10th of last year I think). I was actually able to fall asleep.

Now I sure hope that they do play some themed music, but keep in mind the time of day. Play the post music from Wishes after the MK closes, or maybe the music from the post show at Illuminations. Animal kingdom never closes that late, so I guess they wouldn't have to do much. For MGM, I don't know what would work out well. Got any ideas?

This sounds like a good topic itself. What would make great tracks for the bus rides? It would be interesting to try and guess, and then see how many actually turn up. I sure hope that they don't just use some generic music. This is WDW, emersion is the goal right?

MSTCrow

This is straying a bit from the topic but, hey, everyone's talking about it. How often do you run into chatty bus drivers?

I ask because we hit Disney world at least twice a month. We've ridden many-a-bus in that time, and never, and I mean never have I had a talkative bus driver.

I have, however, heard a child yelling with joy "LOOK AT THAT RIDE!"

his mom's reply:

"That's not a ride that's a McDonald's."

PianoManKD

Account Suspended
Very cool to hear about the new bus systems. I can't wait to see it at the end of the month. :)

I hope these new systems and music prevent the bus drivers from talking to much now. :lol:

Actually most of the bus drivers that "talk too much" are quite funny. Funnier than anything I've heard at the Jungle Cruise....

Besides that, im pumped about seeing the new bus system next month when I'm there....

Kyle

3fordisney

Personally I enjoy talkative bus drivers. Granted some don't have their info straight. We screwed up on EMH for DAK because of a bus driver! Some of them are pretty entertaining though.

I do look forward to the new bus configuration though. It sounds like a more immersive experience which is what I love about Disney in the first place.

I'll need to tell my mom the news, she wants to retire, move ot Florida and drive WDW buses. :lol:

My husband wants to do the same as your mom in his retirement. After riding in the front of the monorail, he also wants to graduate to monorail driver. He has it all planned out for us. :lol:

frazierle

Bus Drivers

I hope they speak in English...........Our last trip in November 06, our bus driver hardly spoke any English. Imagine the horror as we watched an older guy have a heart attack on the bus and the driver couldn't relate anything to the station. The daughter of the old guy had to try and talk to the operator to get medical help. Poor thing was so upset they had to keep telling her to chill so that they could understand what was going on. We checked on the family later that morning and thankfully he was doing fine. My kids talk about that mess all the time.:veryconfu

:ROFLOL: 15 more days.....Contemporary:ROFLOL: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

WDWRLD

Can you actually hear what is being said now? The older busses the speakers were clear and loud, the newer busses were hard to hear and even harder if the bus was half full or more. Add a tour group or cheerleaders and you couldnt even hear yourself think.

Can you actually hear what is being said now? The older busses the speakers were clear and loud, the newer busses were hard to hear and even harder if the bus was half full or more. Add a tour group or cheerleaders and you couldnt even hear yourself think.

Yes you can hear everything very clearly and if the bus is loud then the driver just turns up the volume. They have done a really nice job with the system.

TheTruth

Awesome. I can't wait to check it out when I go in September. My girlfriend and I are planning our trip out for 10 glorious days. Which I'm sure everyone here can attest that could be about 150 trips on the bus lol. But it's going to be fun seeing something new. Plus it will help take your mind off the fact that the bus ride is sometimes the most dangerous ride in the park.

Oh and as far as the chatty drivers go. They are pretty cool. I applaud the ones that try at least. Some aren't so good but their hearts are in the right place. We did get a driver one time named "Walt" appropriately enough. He was a GREAT informant to Disney facts...and even though I knew them all it was still fun cause my girlfriend hadn't heard them. Plus he also had been with Disney for years and years and had attended the original Worlds Fair where Walt Disney had shown "It's a Small World," "WEDway," and "Great Moments with Mr Lincoln." It was made even better when he showed us all the program from the event that he had kept all those years. It was one of the rare times you run into some major Disney magic. We were totally late for whatever it was we were doing (goes to show how important it was) to stay and talk to him as his stop at the Magic Kingdom was his last of the day. Magic happened that day so the spiel automated is great. But hopefully the driver can take back over in the case of Walt.

The Truth

"You know what we could do? We could take a bus to the Animal Kingdom. Genius!!!"

jmmc

I don't wanna come up with something negative here, but how loud are the music and info? For some reason, when reading this I pictured sitting on one of the longest of the bus rides, tired, maybe towards the end of the stay at WDW and starting to get annoyed by the umpteenth loud performance of When You Wish Upon a Star... :) I like WDW as much as anyone, but I could see that sort of thing becoming annoying.

JimboJones123

If they could only cut out the 8-9 bus/45-60 minute waits after EMH nights, we might skip the rental all together. Until then.... no......

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom