New bus driver costumes coming in NOV.

Tinkrbell

Sure. Here you go:

If any real information surfaces on these costumes I'll make sure to post it.

I worked in Costuming during my CP August 2008- May 2009. In March or April (I cant remember exactly when) all costuming cps had to go to a networking event where we could talk to people from creative costuming & other positions with costuming and entertainment.

They mentioned that they were working on new bus driver costumes & they would hopefully be out by the end of this year. They had sketched of the kind of things they were considering for it. They said there wasn't going to be anymore Barney purple.

Keep in mind, that plans for costumes can change almost instantly.

Hopefully this helps clear things up a little about whether or not there is going to be a new bus driver costume.

niteobsrvr

The reason I ask is that I am a former Disney bus driver who saw the shortcomings of the current costume first hand.

I really was not that concerned with the color so much as the performance of the ensemble. Although it was a bit like wearing Mardi Gras year round. White, however, is not the best choice for people who actually do stand to get dirty at their job because as clean as buses at disney are there is still ample opportunity to acquire dirt as a driver.

A lot of people wouldn't think that bus driving requires a lot of moving around, and it certain ways it doesnt. However, while driving your upper body is in motion quite a bit as you operate the controls and watch traffic in all directions. This is one place where I had a problem with the shirts. They were never sized quite right and would come untucked on a quite regular basis. If you selected a size to avoid this, the shirts were ecessivley baggy. If you selected a more fitting shirt you were sure to be t u c k i n g it in near constantly when you got out of the drivers seat.

This problem was compounded when assisting guests utlizing wheel chairs. The process of strapping the chair down requires a lot of movement, stretching and so on.

Then there was the issue of design as it applies to larger girth people. Some of the drivers, who had larger middles could never get their shirts tucked in properly. It came to the point that Disney had to go back and add more material to the bottom of the shirts to make them extra long. These larger middle drivers also tended to have marks from the steering wheel across their middle area that were very visible on the white material.

Fantasia freak

Original Poster
Actually, the new uniforms have arrived. But unfortunatly Disney was unable to get the new jackets to go with the new uniforms until April. And since it would look hideous to wear the current jackets with the new costumes, Disney is waiting until the jackets come in in April. But as i said, the new pants and shirts have arrived. they just get to sit in storage for 5 months. we did have one driver out 2 days ago at MK modeling the new costume for all the drivers to see.

Fantasia freak

Original Poster
New costumes will be given out starting Feb 17. All drivers must be in new costume by Apr 5. Thats according to our bulliten we got. However i would assume that they meant that the first day of wearing the new costume is Apr 5, rather than letting us wear both from feb 17-Apr 5. So there it is. Bullitens are up at TTC and DTD cast service building with pics of the new costume.

mitros

It has been confirmed that new costumes for bus drivers will be here soon. Supposedly on NOV 5. New costume is black pants and a grey polo type shirt with eppilettes on the shoulders. It is intended to look more professonal and somewhat resemble the Mears drivers uniforms. Looking forward to the end of the Purple.

Just wondering, shouldn't they be called uniforms as opposed to costumes?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom