New Book about WDW College Program

MicBat

RockStarBaby said:
For those who have done the CP, what year in school did you go and also what was yoru major??
Sophmore... Business Management. Wish I would have done it later when I was more into my major classes, but no regrets here.

coasterphil

The writing in the preview was horrid, so I don't think I'll be purchasing it. Its sounds like the gossip column in a high school newspaper.

CrashNet

RockStarBaby said:
For those who have done the CP, what year in school did you go and also what was yoru major??
Because of scholarships, I actually applied my lest semester of senior year, so I went the Fall after I graduated. I have a degree in Computer Science *pushes glasses up on nose*.

Mad Stitch

STGRhost said:
Ah, well, back in ~my~ day ( ;) ), I think the most common nickname was "Vista Lay". It certainly wouldn't (didn't?) occur to me to associate Alcatraz with my College Program.

Yah, it also had that nickname but I wasn’t going to go there.

I haven’t read the sample yet, but I’d say his target audiences are CP alumni who just want to reminisce. Mousecatraz was an inside joke, not that there was anything wrong with Vista Way, the way it was laid out brought abut the joke. The author is using it as a way to connect with his audience.

I was on the CP the summer before my sophomore year of college in ’95. I also went back as a CP the following summer. I was a business/IT major.

SarahBella82

My sister participated in the CP, and I think this book may offer way too much information about the mischief interns make.

It does seem that the author is trying to present "both sides" of the experience, both good and bad details. Not sure how I feel about the writing style. It could be more fluid, a "better read" with more sophisticated language. But I might buy it, if it's in the reduced bin... :)

Yes, I'm a book snob.

Mr Bill

meryll83 said:
looks interesting.

has anyone read the Mousetales books, are they any good?
I read the first one and could not put it down. It was great. I've heard the author is writing a book on Walt Disney World as well.

Bravesfn1

Original Poster
Mr Bill said:
I read the first one and could not put it down. It was great. I've heard the author is writing a book on Walt Disney World as well.

I really hope he is writing one on WDW. I love the Mousetales books, they are a very entertaining read. Any word on when the Walt Disney World book may be released?

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
cac2889 said:
I think this is a "judge a book by its cover" example. I think what he was going for was that if you looked at just the title alone, you would think it was a negative look at the CP program.

Thanks, that's exactly my point.

Bravesfn1....thanks for the info....I can understand where the inside joke would come from...but I believe the book also looks for a larger audience.

If you know me around here, I am not one of those polyanna, "don't say anything bad about Disney" types. I'm just a little tired of the other camp that doesn't have a good thing to say and seems to celebrate any problem that comes to light in the MouseHouse.

joanna71985

RockStarBaby said:
For those who have done the CP, what year in school did you go and also what was your major??

I did my first CP my first year in college. I did the interview during my first semester. I got accepted for Spring 2005 and did Fantasyland merchandise. Now I am on my second CP. I am a character attendant. My major is commerical recreation and tourism.

Kimmah314

I did it the semester after I graduated and my major was Elem ed. I worked food bev at Cosmic's which was the farthest thing from my major go figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom