New Be Our Guest lunch line procedure (Test?)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There is probably some potential to this suggestion. What is needed is another quick-service restaurant to take some of the pressure off Be Our Guest (BOG); To draw the crowds in it doesn't have to be themed as well as BOG (though that idea would work), and a more elaborate, quality fast-food menu would be appealing to many guests. Other facilities do not have to draw BOG level crowds to ease the capacity crunch.

But what could you build that would be as popular? I think the main draw of BOG is the eating in such an iconic movie location. Would other movie locations would lend them selves to a similar experience?

Monkee Girl

But what could you build that would be as popular? I think the main draw of BOG is the eating in such an iconic movie location. Would other movie locations would lend them selves to a similar experience?

I definitely believe so. as I said in an earlier post, I would love an Aladdin style restaurant in Adventure land. Something similar to Marrakesh. Not only would the Sultan's Palace be an amazing location, but the food would also be different than the normal burgers. I have a special place in my heart for the Lamb Shwarma from Tangerine Cafe.

Other great ideas could be Eric's Castle (as also stated earlier...and we know Mermaid needs more stuff in her pavilion).

Perhaps something from Pirates of the Caribbean? That whole Piraty/Goonies atmosphere would be cool (Dark ambiance, wood/nautical decor, jewels and gold lined around the place).

I guess I really want something in Adventure Land, lol

For Future Land, I really don't want Star Wars there...but maybe they don't have to have a specific brand here...just make a really cool 'Space Port' style design. I think Cosmic Ray's has the potential, it would just need an update in both decor and food choice. Or in that Noodle Station area.

And one place I think would be cool would be a Mad Hatter's Tea Party themed area. Maybe something like the Sci Fi where it feels like you are outside at night. That part in the movie with all the lanterns always attracted me.

So there are plenty of ideas, they just have to put their minds to it and make it happen (They are the one's making the big bucks to come up with this stuff...not us lowly park guests). And if they did this and left the waiting line at BOG alone, everything would eventually work out.

Monkee Girl

Oh, and again....put some more food at Gaston's! I only ever went in there to see the decor, no interest in wasting my time for a lamb shank. Sheesh! Two really cool themed places from Beauty and the Beast and the Powers That BE can't make them work? really?

I know it's been talked about to death but the more I think about, the more I get really annoyed at the FLE. They really did a half arsed job. just sayin...:p

hopemax

Elsa's coronation banquet hall...

I know it's been talked about to death but the more I think about, the more I get really annoyed at the FLE. They really did a half arsed job. just sayin...:p

My annoyances. We like the cinnamon rolls and pork shank...but it can be hard to find a table. All the tables are over in Storybook Circus. So where you would want to sit and eat, limited seating. Where there is seating, there isn't a lot of food that requires you sit to eat. It's more popcorn type food. And in general there are tons and tons of seating in Storybook Circus, even the planters have flat tops so you can sit on them. But in the Belle's Village area, there are a scant few tables, and in the past when I've been there, they had the Gaston M&G line over by them. So you couldn't really sit in peace, because of the M&G. Speaking of which. I've seen them put Gaston in 3 places dependant on weather. They couldn't have found a way to have a permanent covered, but outside M&G place?

You're right the more you think about it, the more deficiencies start showing up. I also wish there were more unexpected surprises, like Diagon Alley. I thought the most unexpected part were the knights in the BOG hallway. And it's a PITA to get to see them.

TomHendricks

I definitely believe so. as I said in an earlier post, I would love an Aladdin style restaurant in Adventure land. Something similar to Marrakesh. Not only would the Sultan's Palace be an amazing location, but the food would also be different than the normal burgers. I have a special place in my heart for the Lamb Shwarma from Tangerine Cafe.
/QUOTE]

A long time ago, they had an Aladdin character breakfast at MGM Studios, I mean Hollywood Studios. It was where Disney Jr. stage show is now. It was the BEST character breakfast. They set it up like going to a bazaar, it looked incredible.

jaklgreen

[

I think we should take an informal poll. Who eats there because of the theme and who eats there for the better food. If the food was the same stuff(burgers etc, I don't think as many would bother to wait, or they would go once to see it and then not bother to wait in the long lines for just burgers and fries. So to everyone who goes there, are you there for the theme or the food? I am there for the food.

Monkee Girl

A long time ago, they had an Aladdin character breakfast at MGM Studios, I mean Hollywood Studios. It was where Disney Jr. stage show is now. It was the BEST character breakfast. They set it up like going to a bazaar, it looked incredible.

See, something like that would be so awesome. Aladdin was always my favorite of the 3 (Mermaid, Beast, Aladdin) and I love the music, the atmosphere. I guess that is why Morocco is my favorite pavilion in Epcot. If we could have a place like this in Adventure land with Moroccan style food, I would never need to eat at BOG again, lol

Monkee Girl

[

I think we should take an informal poll. Who eats there because of the theme and who eats there for the better food. If the food was the same stuff(burgers etc, I don't think as many would bother to wait, or they would go once to see it and then not bother to wait in the long lines for just burgers and fries. So to everyone who goes there, are you there for the theme or the food? I am there for the food.

I do it for both but I think I would vote for the food. Pinocchio's is my favorite location (just cause it's Pinocchio) but ever since they got rid of the Chicken Parm, I had no interest to eat there....pizza and meatball subs...no thanks. I just remember the last time I was at MK and went into Pinocchio's for lunch. No Parm, just flatbread...not what I wanted. So I went into Gaston's. Nothing but pork shank...no thanks (I don't like eating stuff off the bone) and my lazy self just didn't want to walk all over the place for a burger. So I did stand in that 45 minute line to BOG so I could get something worth while. And I wasn't disappointed. I even got a window seat in the Ballroom. so yea, the decor is great, but it's the food that makes me wait to eat there.

startraveler

See, something like that would be so awesome. Aladdin was always my favorite of the 3 (Mermaid, Beast, Aladdin) and I love the music, the atmosphere. I guess that is why Morocco is my favorite pavilion in Epcot. If we could have a place like this in Adventure land with Moroccan style food, I would never need to eat at BOG again, lol

Loved his. Did it when I was about 9 years old and still remember how cool it was. I was talking about the MGM character breakfast.

cw1982

[

The only thing about that is that so proportionally few guests in the MK each year are return guests or go often enough for the theming to wear off that it will probably be years before the cool factor for eating in the castle dissolves.

I can't say that I go there for the food, but I'm such a very picky eater that this is true of most places. I do think Disney could lessen the demand for BoG if they added more options that had the same level of theming and unique menus. Gaston's and Pinocchio's both have fairly decent theming, but they're just not on the level of BoG.

Last edited:

CDavid

Frozen
Star Wars (multiple locations)
The Rescuers
Indiana Jones (multiple locations)
Ratatouille
Cars

...the list goes on.

Or how about a Haunted Mansion restaurant? Point is, the possibilities are practically endless. Iconic locations is one thing Disney has in abundance.

Elsa's coronation banquet hall...

Oh, no question about that.

Monkee Girl

I read somewhere (perhaps here) that there are 3 rooms open for lunch and only 2 for dinner. The reason may be blatantly obvious, but unfortunately I have yet to get in the door. Been trying to get a reservation since BEFORE it opened. Blerghh! :mad: Is one room not appropriate for a fine dining experience?

I haven't heard that; I thought all the rooms were opened. You would think they would want to use all the capacity they have available. It's possible they use that for the Beast meet and greet...but then again, I think they have him in the Library (where the lunch kiosks are).

Either way, keep trying, I am sure you will get it at some point. Are you flexible with your times? Sometimes a later dinner might be easier to get. When we went for Easter, we chose to eat here on our arrival day so we chose a later meal (7:00pm) due to flights and everything. We had no problem getting in on our first try.

Consequently, and I don't know if this was because of the meal or just random, my cousin got sick due to a turbulent flight and had to leave dinner without eating her meal. The waiter got a little nervous because none of us seemed to be enjoying ourselves (though we were). Afterward, while I was paying the bill, I told the waiter everything was fine but my cousin wasn't feeling well. It wasn't the food, it was the flight and we had a wonderful time. The very next morning, my cousin got an invite to the lunch reservation system. Again, it may have been random, but I thought it weird/cool we got it the morning after our dinner. I almost wonder if it was the CM trying to make up for the 'bad' meal. Anyway, I took it as an unplanned magical moment.

cw1982

I read somewhere (perhaps here) that there are 3 rooms open for lunch and only 2 for dinner. The reason may be blatantly obvious, but unfortunately I have yet to get in the door. Been trying to get a reservation since BEFORE it opened. Blerghh! :mad: Is one room not appropriate for a fine dining experience?

Not true. All 3 rooms were open for dinner in June.

Monkee Girl

Perhaps a very old post fromWDWmagic:
Details
Located in Beast's Castle, the restaurant is themed to Beauty and the Beast. During the day, lunch is served quick service style, with no reservations required. During the evening, the restaurant switches to table service dinner, with reservations required.

Three dining rooms are available (although they cannot be specified when making a reservation):

• The West Wing - featuring the enchanted rose
  • The Rose Gallery - available during lunch period only
  • The Ballroom
'Be Our Guest Restaurant' has seating capacity for 546 guests at lunch, and 340 for dinner.

....During the day, lunch is served quick service style, with no reservations required.....

Yup...that's a VERY old post, lol :D

Monkee Girl

They also did this during the Pirate/Princess hard ticket event years ago. It was wonderful. My husband and I always wonder why they don't make it a permanent thing. The space/theming is already there!

Man, I loved the pirate and princess party. That was my first hard ticket even ever and loved it. It was even less crowded than the Halloween party we attended but had so much fun. I wish they still had it.

Anyway, yea, a Pirate's buffet like that would be awesome...of course characters would mean table service, but they could just skip that and make it a character free QS instead. we all know the boys need more stuff. I am sure they are sick of all the castle meals, lol

cw1982

Perhaps a very old post fromWDWmagic:
Details
Located in Beast's Castle, the restaurant is themed to Beauty and the Beast. During the day, lunch is served quick service style, with no reservations required. During the evening, the restaurant switches to table service dinner, with reservations required.

Three dining rooms are available (although they cannot be specified when making a reservation):

• The West Wing - featuring the enchanted rose
  • The Rose Gallery - available during lunch period only
  • The Ballroom
'Be Our Guest Restaurant' has seating capacity for 546 guests at lunch, and 340 for dinner.

I think the layout changes a little for dinner because the Beast has to have a path to walk across the main dining hall to get to his study. Beast is only there for dinner, so at lunch they can have more tables out since the area isn't needed for his path. That's just a guess though.

Mike S

I think the layout changes a little for dinner because the Beast has to have a path to walk across the main dining hall to get to his study. Beast is only there for dinner, so at lunch they can have more tables out since the area isn't needed for his path. That's just a guess though.
How did I never know about this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom