New Baby Swap Method?

Gravydeen

I thought I was pretty familiar with how the baby swap technique worked but I was recently talking to lady while standing in line at Six Flags Over Georgia and she said she recently went to Disney World and that they actually gave one of the adults a ticket of some kind to take back to the other adult for their admission to the ride. They did not actually have to sit and wait inside the ride area as I understood. Is this a new way of doing it or just an alternative that i have never heard of?

Secondly, whichever way it is done now, can you baby swap and use fastpass at the same time for a ride?

schachteles

She is right...it is kinda odd because it depends on who is working how it will work. One day we were at AK going to go on EE and I was told that I had to wait in line and then when we got to the front where the cast member was they would give me a ticket to go on later and then I could hang out...but then we went back another day and we went up and asked the lady for a child swap ticket and they just handed them to us without asking...didn't even have anyone in line waiting...so we were able to go through with our fast passes and the child swap ticket...so it worked out AWESOME, my DH and I both got on twice in a row.

Upvote 0

Gravydeen

Original Poster
So let me get this straight. If we have a family of five that includes one baby who can't ride the ride, we could go get five fastpasses for the ride, come back during the fastpass window and ask an attendent at the front for a baby swap ticket. Myself and two of the kids could go through the fastpass line and ride, then we would have two fastpass tickets left over and a baby swap ticket that is good for three people to ride by going through the fastpass line. At this point we basically have 5 fastpasses in hand and three of us have already riden. So my wife would then ride with the two kids and when they get back I could ride again with one of the kids. I know that sounds confusing but is that right? This scenerio depends on the baby swap ticket being good for three people going and they use it by going through the fastpass line. I believe that is what I just read on an older thread regarding baby swap.

Upvote 0

mickeysgal

When I went with my family (DH, Mother, Father, Sister, 2 Nephews, 2 Toddlers, and I) in December, we did this on Rock n Roller Coaster. We had gotten our Fast Passes earlier, then when our time was up, we went to the ride. My husband, sister, mother, father, and 2 nephews rode, while I waited with the kids. Then when they came out, my mother, father, and sister waited with the kids, while I used the swap pass (w/ my two nephews) and my husband used my Fast Pass. It does work, just don't forget to leave someone with the kids!!!

Upvote 0

Gravydeen

Original Poster
Thanks for your help. In my original example I did say a baby, but in our situation our child would actually be three so he would have a ticket and would then be able to get a fastpass. I guess you also have the option of saving the baby swap passes for later in the trip since they don't expire for a week(or at least that's what I thought someone said). I guess I would not want to feel I was taking advantage of the other guests, but then again so few people even realize that this can be done that other guests would never really feel any effect. Would They?

Upvote 0

Heatherbell

When we went last year we walked up to an attendent, told them we were doing a baby swap, they handed me a ticket that looked just like a fast pass but it said "child swap" or "parent ride" or something like that (I forget) anyhow, one parent takes the switch card then the other parent waits in the stand by line (unless you have a fast pass in which case you'd go in the fast pass lane, LOL) You come off the ride, the other parent goes on the ride by getting right into the fastpass lane. Essentially the sitch card acts like a fast pass for the second parent. The parent who is not riding has to wait outside the ride and does not actually go through the line with the other parent. Whats cool is that you can get switch cards for other members of your party (up to three I think) so you don't have to ride alone.

Me and my husband went with our three year old. What we would do is we'd go to a ride and both get fast passes, one of us would get a rider switch card while the other got in line. By the time the second parent got out off the ride it was time for both of our fast passes so we were both able to go back on the ride immediately.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom