New attractions???

peter11435

A new ride? Yes. A new 3-D movie? Not yet. Essentially Phase II or III (I'm waiting on a more definite answer on that question) of the Imagination refurbishment for Version 4.

From what I'm allowed to tell:

Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom
  • A brand new parade set to be shown at night (much like Spectromagic does at Magic Kingdom).
  • Using bright lights and colorful music, will essentially "flow" through Animal Kingdom's dark paths like "Rivers of Light"
  • Will be the last piece necessary for the extension of hours for Animal Kingdom (most likely to 8:00 p.m.)
  • Will be announced in 2008 (I have an approximate date, but I can't say it until our Wild Decade event has been given clearance by the company) and will start lighting up Animal Kingdom in 2009.
Any word on if they will continue to have MJJP

jedimaster1227

Is it expected that a new show will replace the old Hunchback? I thought that theater was completely being removed to create a new storage facility for the lights. Is there something else on the table for that location?

I've been told two potential plans. Both of which include gutting the theater.
1. It will be refurbished and given a new show.
2. It will be demolished and its land will be a part of a new attraction.

The storage for the lights will be moved to another location within the park.

Any word on if they will continue to have MJJP

I believe Rivers of Light is meant to replace the Jammin' Jungle Parade, but I assume that they will keep the floats intact for use in holidays to come at the park.

I've been told two potential plans. Both of which include gutting the theater.
1. It will be refurbished and given a new show.
2. It will be demolished and its land will be a part of a new attraction.

The storage for the lights will be moved to another location within the park.

This would be great, as long as the attraction is somewhat detailed and uses some form of animatronics, but at this point, I can't complain if it's plywood cut outs stacked next to a go cart track. DHS needs rides!

imamouse

I believe Rivers of Light is meant to replace the Jammin' Jungle Parade, but I assume that they will keep the floats intact for use in holidays to come at the park.

Hmmm....I am not doubting you - just wondering out loud why they wouldn't have both a daytime and nighttime parade at DAK? MK has an afternoon parade and Spectomagic.

RSoxNo1

I vaguely remember the old hunckback show, but I don't remember where it was at all? Can someone give me a specific location, and when the show closed?

Swoosh

Do you know where the San Francisco "cityscape" is located? It is actually attached to the theatre where The Hunchback show was located -- basically it is hiding the theatre from view.

wedway71

I have heard that they are going to gut out SSE since the negative feed back and remake it into a merchandise shop instead-you will be able to use touch screens to order the products you like then pick it up later.

tomm4004

I have heard that they are going to gut out SSE since the negative feed back and remake it into a merchandise shop instead-you will be able to use touch screens to order the products you like then pick it up later.

Right. There will be no merchandise, just a computer catalog and terminals for ordering. It will be renamed: Empty SPACE SHIP to anywhere on EARTH.

wedway71

Yes.
Did you hear about the small attraction area that showcases the history of shopping going back to caveman days to the future of shopping?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom