new attractions confirmed

Kristofke

Original Poster
www.eurodisney.com:

Euro Disney has released its latest report for the first 3 months of the new financial year, but it also contains news of the new attractions.....

In fiscal 2006, the Company will bring Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast to
Disneyland Park. In this interactive ride-through attraction, guests journey to infinity and beyond to help Buzz Lightyear defend the universe against the evil Emperor Zurg.

The opening of the attraction will add to our series of exciting
new offers at Disneyland Park. In 2004, the Company opened The Legend of The Lion King show, which has been an immense success. In the coming months, the Park will re-launch one of its most popular attractions as a completely new experience, Space Mountain: Mission 2.

The toons take over when the Company opens Toon Studios at Walt Disney Studios Park in fiscal 2007. In this new land, designed to further increase the Park's appeal to families and young children, guests will experience the magical worldof Disney animated films from an insider's point of view. In this "working studio," the cast and crew are your favorite "toons," and the unique attractions are designed to bring their films to life around you.

In fiscal 2008, the Company has scheduled the opening of Tower of Terror at Walt Disney Studios Park. In this classic Disney adventure, an elevator ride in a mysterious Hollywood hotel becomes a thrilling, white-knuckle journey into a mysterious new dimension.

More details from the report on the new attractions....

2006 should see the unveiling of a new attraction based on the characters and magic of the Walt Disney Pictures presentation of the Pixar Animation Studios film Toy Story 2. At the other end of the galaxy, the evil Emperor Zurg is masterminding the construction of an invading army of battery-powered robotic villains. His plan hinges vitally on the theft of the entire galaxy's stock of batteries. Foiling this plan and pulling the plug on the power puppets is a job
for space ranger Buzz Lightyear. Participants will board two-seater ride vehicles, each of which will be fitted with dual laser pistols and direction controls, making it possible for guests to spin their space ships around a full 360'. To defend the universe our guests will then go blasting at the various targets placed throughout the different scenes their vehicles enter. Each successful hit will not only accumulate points on vehicle dashboards, but also generate special effects through the use of sound, light and movement. Set to become something of a standard in Disney Theme Park entertainment, the
popularity of the series of Buzz Lightyear attractions appears to lie in the development of a storyline concerning an unforgettable character, the ownership of an experience which guests create themselves and the desire to become a top scorer.

Toon Studios* at Walt Disney Studios Park

A new land in Walt Disney Studios Park will soon offer guests insight into the backstage activity of their favourite Disney characters. This land will be none other than the place where the toons toil - the setting where they make their films - and this theme makes our expansion unique in Disney Theme Park history.
This new Land will be a continuation of the Theme Park's current celebration of the animated world, and will thus find itself located alongside Animation Courtyard, between Flying Carpets Over Agrabah and Art of Disney Animation. Not only will guests meet their toon heroes here, but they will also explore their professional universe and participate in some of the most unforgettable scenes from their box office successes.

A further part of the development also calls for the expansion of the oasis area around Flying Carpets Over Agrabah and the integration of a number of photo, merchandise and food locations in this Animation Backlot.

Tower of Terror* at Walt Disney Studios Park

It all happened that stormy night. A freakish lightning bolt struck a luxurious Hollywood hotel, changing things forever and causing its last residents to vanish. 2008 development plans for Walt Disney Studios Park include a European version of an attraction whose popularity has soared since its introduction at Walt Disney World Resort in 1994, and more recently at Disneyland Resort in 2004. One thing already clear in the project is that the attraction will be a
Walt Disney Studios Park landmark. Its monumental architecture, central position on Production Courtyard and multi-story structure will all make it unmissable - to say nothing of the attraction experience itself.

Visitors will begin their journey by strolling through the timeworn, yet atmospheric lobby and library. These same guests will then be elevated high into the body of the hotel aboard service lifts, and straight into a strange world. The fate of the vanished former residents will then unfold before their very eyes, just as their own destiny becomes frighteningly obvious. As theirlift door opens, they return to reality, finding themselves and their lift plunging to the bottom of a lift shaft. The breath-taking descent will happen quicker than gravity itself and the rebound back to the top will give those who closed their eyes a second chance to watch what happens.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Woooooooooah! I just woke up and read this (not been to dlrp-guide.com or anywhere else yet)

This is GREAT news. So Buzz is confirmed (for better or for worse, RIP Visionarium) and we already knew about SM. But to have the Toon studios confirmed (not ver detailed but hey) and finally the you - know - what will help give the Studios the help they need (and deserve)

Now if only there was a Fantasmic! or similar to make the park a true full day experience...

Two thoughts - am I reading right, is ToT to be built behind the HTH wall opposite studio one (the rumoured location, not behind the tram stop) and it sounds like it is based on the DCA version... or is it the TDS version?? Time will tell...

ogryn

Its monumental architecture, central position on Production Courtyard

So it's going on the empty land in the middle of the park... no (even fake) Sunset Blvd? Did they not learn from California? Notice that they didn't mention the TDS Tower either ;)

Hopefully the Toon Studios will pan out just like the Jim Hill article. I also like the fact that they mention new eateries in it (hurrah!)

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
marni1971 said:
Two thoughts - am I reading right, is ToT to be built behind the HTH wall opposite studio one (the rumoured location, not behind the tram stop) and it sounds like it is based on the DCA version... or is it the TDS version?? Time will tell...

Thats right. While I was hoping it wouldnt go there, having been to the park, it is very obvious that has always been the planned location. The new HTH-style restrooms that were built in that area, combined with the HTH style walls, and La terrace, just scream Tower of Terror.

To me that location seems wrong for such a large structure, but I will wait and see how it pans out.

jrriddle

So the rumours were true. No surprises here. And still no word on that rumored E-Ticket for Disneyland.
Well the best we can hope for is that this will finally get DLP up and running again setting the stage for some real attractions.
I just hope Buzz & ToT will be enough.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
wdwmagic said:
To me that location seems wrong for such a large structure, but I will wait and see how it pans out.

I guess all we can do is wait...

One (wildley optomistic) thought - no mention of a tie to The Twilight Zone is mentioned... and TDS`s ToT has no tie either. Plus it appears TDS`s is slightly shorter in height that Orlando or Anaheim, and as height would be an issue if the Parisian version is in the middle of the park... clutching at straws I know but never say never!

Now all we need is a Splash derivative on the Frontierland/Adventureland border! In all seriousness though, this news has made we want to go back to DLP - for SM2/Buzz (!) and also for Toontown and ToT. I just hope plenty of Joe Publics will think the same too. The resort deserves to do well!

DisneyFan 2000

I'm a bit disappointed with the ToT confirmation but oh well, can't have it all... I'd like to hear more about what will be included in Toon Studios!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
marni1971 said:
In all seriousness though, this news has made we want to go back to DLP - for SM2/Buzz (!) and also for Toontown and ToT. I just hope plenty of Joe Publics will think the same too. The resort deserves to do well!

Unfortunately I dont think Joe Public is going to be impressed with this. The vast majority of european Disney fans have done ToT and Buzz many many times before. I dont see how this will bring people to the Paris parks. Sure they are nice additions, I wont complain about being to ride ToT when I visit, but its just not the killer attraction the park needs.

If it had to be a clone, I would still vote for an EMV Indy,

djmatthews

Whilst I'm pleased DLRP is going to get some investment, it really is a shame that there is not going to be a brand new E-Ticket in the Studios, as I have said before, something on the same scale as ToT back when it opened in Florida in 1994.

The ToT in DCA has not pulled the crowds in, why would it in DLRP? Many people that go to DLRP go to Orlando too.

......Moving on....Any ideas when we are likely to see some signs of contruction at DLRP? I'm guessing Buzz could commence anytime soon with Visionarium closed and gutted. Although it does state the following on the EuroDisney website:

"Implementation of the future attractions is subject to completion of the Euro Disney SCA equity rights offering on or before 31 March 2005. Attraction names and details are subject to change"

Figment1986

will it be the DCA one with a WDW arcatecture... or a WDW one.....

(hopefully WDW with a slightly new story line??? just remember the theaming to go with it...)

toon studios... sounds nice.... Wonder will it be like JHM said it would be....

CaptainMichael

So I suppose that Walt Disney Co. will not be happy till every resort has the same attractions. With this announcement, everyone will have a ToT and a Buzz Lightyear ride. I want something original to be in awe and wonder over. Like another Expedition: Everest. Something exciting that only the imagineers know the full details about!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
ogryn said:
Hopefully the Toon Studios will pan out just like the Jim Hill article. I also like the fact that they mention new eateries in it (hurrah!)

The word from France seems to be it wont be as described in that article. It will not be entirely indoors, nor will it be based around Goofy. The pixar movies seem to form the basis of the new land, Bugs Life, Nemo, Incredibles and Cars. Two entrances, one near the Animation building, and one near the entrance of the Tram tour. I cant confirm any of this for sure, but this is what I have been told so far.

jrriddle

I read the same thing, but the only details I heard about was the Nemo attraction being a mouse coaster :rolleyes: . Again rumour only.

grandmath

TOT is the same as in California! Models and pictures were presented to the CM yesterday...

as for Toon Studios, it will get a wild mouse coaster based on Nemo, think Primeval Whirl enclosed with sets, AAs and sfx to make for a themed environment. Guests will take place in turtle-vehicles from the movie. ToonStudios will also welcome the existing Flying Carpets over Agrabah with an enhanced theme, and a third small kiddie attraction, undecided yet (based on Incredibles, Bug's Life, or Toy Story's little green soldiers). There will also be two meet & greet, as well as fun photo locations. Animation Courtyard will also get a new shop and eating location.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I`ve just read (kind of) a translation (ahem) from French regarding part of Toon Town - apparently, the Nemo ride will be an Indoor Primeval Whirl, dark ride themed, with key special effects... lets wait for the concept art!

ogryn

If they are having a spinning mouse, fingers crossed it is not another Reverchon and let it be a Maurer Söhne Xtended SC 3000. They are in different leagues.

Please.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I wouldn`t hold your breath....as much as I hate to say it the current track record of TWDC dosn`t offer up much hope. There again, lets hope EDSCA can organise things better - although with the confirmed ToT site where it was suspected (La Terresse) short sightedness and quick fix springs to mind :(

Lynx04

djmatthews said:
Whilst I'm pleased DLRP is going to get some investment, it really is a shame that there is not going to be a brand new E-Ticket in the Studios, as I have said before, something on the same scale as ToT back when it opened in Florida in 1994.

The ToT in DCA has not pulled the crowds in, why would it in DLRP? Many people that go to DLRP go to Orlando too.

......Moving on....Any ideas when we are likely to see some signs of contruction at DLRP? I'm guessing Buzz could commence anytime soon with Visionarium closed and gutted. Although it does state the following on the EuroDisney website:

"Implementation of the future attractions is subject to completion of the Euro Disney SCA equity rights offering on or before 31 March 2005. Attraction names and details are subject to change"

I think the main reason why they got all clones is because of time and money. THey don't have to spend all the money on R & D and because it has already been built before, actually more then once, they should be able to build the attractions faster. Although, I have heard that their are weird working laws in france that could slow down the building, I don't know if it is true or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom