New attraction for DHS being announced May 14?

That would be amazing if they could get in something like Crush's Coaster at Disneyland Paris, but since the same ride exists in clam mobiles at Epcot it's highly unlikely it will be Finding Nemo. I wish they would put in something different like The Incredibles, Ratatouille, or Monsters Inc.!!

jt04

That would be amazing if they could get in something like Crush's Coaster at Disneyland Paris, but since the same ride exists in clam mobiles at Epcot it's highly unlikely it will be Finding Nemo. I wish they would put in something different like The Incredibles, Ratatouille, or Monsters Inc.!!

Iger already stated it won't be Ratatouille. Actually, I wouldn't be suprised if Laugh Floor is moving in there. Well actually I would be suprised.

DonaldDoleWhip

You can't be serious...? :shrug:
He isn't serious, that was the point of the :brick: (I think).

Although to be honest, I wouldn't mind if the attraction announced is the long-rumored Pixar spinning coaster (assuming said annoucement will occur). I have always liked the photos/videos of Crush's Coaster.

Missing20K

With all the refurbs planned and American Idol, I'm not expecting anything earth shattering. Disney seems to have a history of making announcements about attractions that have already been built, are being built, or are ready to open, not necessarily huge e-ticket projects still in creative or developmental stages. So in other words, I would be floored if it is anything along the lines of a family-style coaster, space mountain refurb, or brand new, just greenlit project. My two cents.....

Sample announcement:
"Our awesome new American Idol attraction!!" :brick:

But please disney, make me eat my words and announce a huge new e-ticket for one of the areas of wasted space throughout each park ( I'm looking at you 20K space, extra WS space, or empty soundstages)

Lee

Adventurer
Stage 1 is (last I heard) slsted for a family coaster.
Theme is/was undecided.
When? Unknown.
Tomorrow? Highly doubtful.

ArnyVee

How is the announcement going to be announced? Live event at the DHS park? Over the internet? Personal visit to each of our homes by the Disney brass? ;)

jt04

How is the announcement going to be announced? Live event at the DHS park? Over the internet? Personal visit to each of our homes by the Disney brass? ;)

IF there is an announcement look for some hoopla at the park (stage, speakers, balloons) and a press release from the Orlando Sentinel. Just like today's announcement of the ESPN makeover of WWOS but with more hoopla :lookaroun

SirNim

I take it a 2-hour Disney Channel/ABC simulcast is planned for tomorrow's festivities?...

:lookaroun

(just kidding!)

Rosso11

I don't think it would be for Star Tours because if they were ready to announce it I would think they would hold off just a few more weeks and announce it at Star wars Weekends.

WDWGoof07

This may be a stupid question, but which building is Stage 1? I thought the Great Movie Ride was in the building across from TSM, but I'm probably wrong.

About all the soundstages, are they eventually going to just going to remove those buildings? I would think they'd do that or at least make the buildings not look like soundstages since they were more-or-less abandoning the Studios aspects and trying to make actual lands. Not that I have any problem with DHS right now, but some of the changes I hear rumored about are very exciting!

Yeti11

well, it will be a family coaster. so, not another rockn roller coaster. something the whole family can get on and have fun on.

Here is where the rumors come in:

it will be a copy of crush's coaster.

it will have a pixar theme. the two most popular ideas circulating are monsters inc and finding nemo.

I am assuming that they will announce a monsters inc family coaster that will go into studio 1. I think the monsters inc rumor has has alot more momentum lately, so thats why I am leaning towards that. Also, Disney would have to be fools to put ANOTHER finding nemo attraction in the parks.

Can a family coaster range from the Barnstormer to Expedition Everest?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom