New Attraction and Country at Epcot World Showcase

saymarc

Original Poster
Would you rather see a new country or another attraction added to World Showcase? …or both?! What country and/or attraction?

My vote is for Argentina and Brazil with a Iguazu Falls rapid ride/roller coaster that’s 1000x better than the one in Animal Kingdom and a Brazilian Carnival dinner show. Plus, add a Mt. Fuji roller coaster to Japan. Is that asking for too much?!

Pepper's Ghost

Would you rather see a new country or another attraction added to World Showcase? …or both?! What country and/or attraction?

My vote is for Argentina and Brazil with a Iguazu Falls rapid ride/roller coaster that’s 1000x better than the one in Animal Kingdom and a Brazilian Carnival dinner show. Plus, add a Mt. Fuji roller coaster to Japan. Is that asking for too much?!
Sincere question... are you asking this without limitations on space? So in other words, not a realistic desire, but just a wish that definitely won't come true? I'm not being sarcastic or anything. I was curious about your suggestion and looked at the Japan pavilion and there is zero room for a coaster without decimating trees, eliminating parking and out buildings, etc. Unfortunately it's not realistic. I wish it was, but if the suggested changes weren't possible, I don't see the point of the discussion. As for adding a new country pavilion, I don't see the space. Is there dead space, or are we also to also suggest what country to eliminate to bring a new one? I can see that conversation getting ugly pretty quick.

If the rule is that a realistic possibility didn't matter, it's not in the WS but I'd vote for them to update Soarin' to add Soarin' Over California back on 6 new screens, and keep Soarin' Around the World on 2 to 4 others. There's obviously no space to do that, nor would they spend the money, but that would be awesome.

Poseidon Quest

I would like to see the Swiss pavilion revived. While I disagreed with Eisner's attempt to make Epcot more "90s", I do agree with the notion that it needed (and still does need) more thrill rides. A Swiss pavilion would be placed between the German and Italian pavilions, making a lot of sense because their borders are located within the alps. The Swiss pavilion would also have a new and updated version of The Matterhorn sitting at the back, focusing more on tobogganing as a sport rather than the Yeti.

Pepper's Ghost

aren't there literally expansion plots in WS? There's one right now that people have rumored Brazil would go in for years now
I see one now. You're right. I only looked only at Japan, and then went based on memory. I see one between China and Germany where there's actually broken ground in the Google Maps view.

That said, I guess I'll vote for Australia or Brazil. I'm not Australian or Brazilian or anything, but if memory and geographical knowledge serves me, I don't believe either of those continents are represented at all.

Vinnie Mac

I see one now. You're right. I only looked only at Japan, and then went based on memory. I see one between China and Germany where there's actually broken ground in the Google Maps view.

That said, I guess I'll vote for Australia or Brazil. I'm not Australian or Brazilian or anything, but if memory and geographical knowledge serves me, I don't believe either of those continents are represented at all.
The concept art for Brazil definitely looked promising!

CynBeth

I would like to see Australia. There could be a restaurant with something else such as an area with animals like kangaroos and koalas, a motion simulator that has some non moving seats, a boat ride, or a movie.

Another one is Israel. There could be a kosher restaurant, some type of mini museum having things representing various religions, either a motion simulator showing different cities and sites with some non moving seats or a movie or a boat ride, and entertainment of Israeli songs and dances. During the holiday season the Chanukah storyteller could be located there.

JIMINYCR

I would like to see Australia. There could be a restaurant with something else such as an area with animals like kangaroos and koalas, a motion simulator that has some non moving seats, a boat ride, or a movie.

Another one is Israel. There could be a kosher restaurant, some type of mini museum having things representing various religions, either a motion simulator showing different cities and sites with some non moving seats or a movie or a boat ride, and entertainment of Israeli songs and dances. During the holiday season the Chanukah storyteller could be located there.
Australia would be one I'd enjoy seeing aded. It has so much to offer in its history and culture.
Israel will never be considered. Theres been too much anti-Israel feelings by too many for too long to consider adding it. Disney wouldnt want to chance having it appear and invite possible backlash from intolerable guests.
Greece!!!! Architecture! Hercules dark ride! Souvlaki! Gyros!
Greece IMHO should have a considered spot. It brings a lot of mythology and stories Disney would build upon. The attraction could be thrilling with ancient beasts and gods.

Po'Rich

I saw on another site that there is a desire to create an Encanto ride. I could see a nice fit in Epcot if it is placed within a Colombian (or South American) pavilion.

mlayton144

I think WS should focus on bringing in more exotic cultures - love Europe but the representation is already there (if I had to choose Greece or Turkey would win). India is probably the best large exotic culture not represented and would be a cool add.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom