New Attraction and Country at Epcot World Showcase

FettFan

Would you rather see a new country or another attraction added to World Showcase? …or both?! What country and/or attraction?

My vote is for Argentina and Brazil with a Iguazu Falls rapid ride/roller coaster that’s 1000x better than the one in Animal Kingdom and a Brazilian Carnival dinner show. Plus, add a Mt. Fuji roller coaster to Japan. Is that asking for too much?!

I've always wanted to see Odyssey dismantled down to its base and rebuilt as a miniature Sydney Opera House for an Australia Pavilion.
dsc07769.jpg
Sydney-Opera-House-Port-Jackson.jpg

I know it'll never happen, but the idea always seemed rather quaint. Odyssey is right there out on the water, it's barely ever used for anything.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I've always wanted to see Odyssey dismantled down to its base and rebuilt as a miniature Sydney Opera House for an Australia Pavilion.
dsc07769.jpg
Sydney-Opera-House-Port-Jackson.jpg

I know it'll never happen, but the idea always seemed rather quaint. Odyssey is right there out on the water, it's barely ever used for anything.
Food booths!!

You little twerp 😎

LittleBuford

There’s always been “some” Irish representation in the existing pavilion…

And since they haven’t actually built any new country in going on 35 years…it’s silly to come up with that one.

…it’s silly anyway…because the sponsorship model is dead and has been for decades…but whatever
Ireland (as in the Republic of Ireland) isn’t part of the UK. To conflate the two is like conflating Canada and the USA.

That said, the last thing World Showcase needs is another Western European country. A bit of geographical and cultural variety would be welcome!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ireland (as in the Republic of Ireland) isn’t part of the UK. To conflate the two is like conflating Canada and the USA.

That said, the last thing World Showcase needs is another Western European country. A bit of geographical and cultural variety would be welcome!
I’m aware of the political distinction…

My point (I didn’t make it well) is that there will be NO country pavilions as designed in the pre-Internet, Jimmy carter world. It’s obvious to anyone that wants to bother to analyze it.

But people want to cling to the illusion. It is a funplex - after all.

I wouidn’t be opposed to what we saw in France - adding to existing. Some grumblings about the UK again. That is the best we’ll get. And that’s ok considering how awful the Bobs are at making parks tangibly better.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'd rather see Australia at Animal Kingdom.
100%

That was always the next logical move for that park. I mean…we’ll never get it…animals cost money and this yutz at the top probably wants rid of the ones they already have…but Australia behind the Tarzan theater was ALWAYS the right next step.

The avatar thing has worked out…at least.

KaliSplash

Would you rather see a new country or another attraction added to World Showcase? …or both?! What country and/or attraction?

My vote is for Argentina and Brazil with a Iguazu Falls rapid ride/roller coaster that’s 1000x better than the one in Animal Kingdom and a Brazilian Carnival dinner show. Plus, add a Mt. Fuji roller coaster to Japan. Is that asking for too much?!
yes

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think India would be perfect. Interesting history , great architecture , and the food options would add greatly
to the restaurant choices.
Would an Indian based company pay for the operation, maintenance and staffing of it…in addition to likely a large upfront cash contribution to construction?

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I think a new attraction would be better than both... With the way Disney uses their money these days, you can't make them do too much... Otherwise you get Little Mermaid... An amazing facade with an alright ride.

I vote for a new attraction in Germany or Japan... Lets keep beefing up World Showcase. Easiest option would be Japan... With Epcot being the new IP dumping ground, and since I stopped caring, might as well get Big Hero 6 in there.

mysto

There is plenty of room for a Waterworld pavilion in the middle of the lake, and the floating foundation is already there. Think of the cultural opportunities!

I would like to see the Swiss pavilion revived. While I disagreed with Eisner's attempt to make Epcot more "90s", I do agree with the notion that it needed (and still does need) more thrill rides. A Swiss pavilion would be placed between the German and Italian pavilions, making a lot of sense because their borders are located within the alps. The Swiss pavilion would also have a new and updated version of The Matterhorn sitting at the back, focusing more on tobogganing as a sport rather than the Yeti.
Nice. I agree.

Diamond Dot

Brazil was considered for a pavillion when the economy of Brazil was booming and we had all the Brazillians coming to Disney. However, far fewer Brazillians are coming to Disney so I don't think Brazil would get the go ahead now. I would like to see an Australasian pavillion comprising of Australia, New Zealand and Polynesia

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom