New AP rates coming soon!

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
I spoke to a friendly CM today and she told me that they were supposed to be out today, but something held them up.

Look for them to be out shortly though and they should start on Aug. 29.

This is the one discount that I have a hard time finding out about in advance.

Pam

AEfx

Great news! I have been anxiously awaiting making my ressies...since I heard they did not do them last year for October, I'm not holding my breath - but I am hoping for the best!

AEfx

sniggle74

I can't wait to hear for the rates. I was happy with the room only rates as they are.....if they can get better.....AWESOME!!!

Already counting the days!

shuflemstr

Thanks Pam for the information. I have been waiting to see if they were having AP rates for September so that I could start making my reservations. I can't wait to see how good they are.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
AEfx said:
Great news! I have been anxiously awaiting making my ressies...since I heard they did not do them last year for October, I'm not holding my breath - but I am hoping for the best!

AEfx

Well, we make reservations to make sure that we have a room...they'll adjust the price later for you :)

DivineMadness7

Hey Pam,
I will be buying my first AP ever this year for a trip in December and one in March.

If there is a discount given from around Dec 2nd-20th, and my reservation begins on the 18th and then through the 26th, will the discount from the 18th lock in for my entire stay?

thanks!

phlydude

Generally the rate you lock in at the beginning of your stay is the rate locked in for the entire stay, regardless of the rate changing for seasons.

Vernonpush

You said they start on Aug 28, but did not say a through date. Any idea if they will be good for the first part of December?

shakes20

phlydude said:
Generally the rate you lock in at the beginning of your stay is the rate locked in for the entire stay, regardless of the rate changing for seasons.

Actually, that's not true. Last year (May) my family stayed on site and we had to have 3 seperate reservations for the different discount codes. One was an AP discount that did not cover our entire stay, one was a discount code available to the public, but there were only two nights available when we were visiting and for 2 nights we had to pay full rack rate. It was annoying to make all of the reservations, and Disney did not even guarantee that we would be staying in the same room for the entire stay (even though all of the reservations were in the same resort) but in the end, it all worked out fine.

shakes20

wannab@dis

shakes20 said:
Actually, that's not true. Last year (May) my family stayed on site and we had to have 3 seperate reservations for the different discount codes. One was an AP discount that did not cover our entire stay, one was a discount code available to the public, but there were only two nights available when we were visiting and for 2 nights we had to pay full rack rate. It was annoying to make all of the reservations, and Disney did not even guarantee that we would be staying in the same room for the entire stay (even though all of the reservations were in the same resort) but in the end, it all worked out fine.

shakes20
Wow, that's not what I've always understood. The rates that we got for check-in were in affect during the entire stay, even when it crossed seasons. Could there be some kind of black out nights involved? Anyone have more info?

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
DivineMadness7 said:
Hey Pam,
I will be buying my first AP ever this year for a trip in December and one in March.

If there is a discount given from around Dec 2nd-20th, and my reservation begins on the 18th and then through the 26th, will the discount from the 18th lock in for my entire stay?

thanks!

Yes

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
wannab@dis said:
Wow, that's not what I've always understood. The rates that we got for check-in were in affect during the entire stay, even when it crossed seasons. Could there be some kind of black out nights involved? Anyone have more info?

If the rate is good for your start date, Disney will honor it. If the rate starts while you are already there, they will give you the discount only for those days following the rate.

pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Fievel said:
Well, we make reservations to make sure that we have a room...they'll adjust the price later for you :)

I agree with you here. I do this for all of my clients. I book the room and then switch them over when they come out.

Pam

Kingdom Konsultant

WDWMAGIC Board Sponsor
Premium Member
WDWMAGIC Sponsor
Original Poster
Vernonpush said:
You said they start on Aug 28, but did not say a through date. Any idea if they will be good for the first part of December?

I said that they should start on the 29th and I didn't know the time frame. The current AP rate ends the 28th.

Pam

shakes20

wannab@dis said:

Maybe there were blackout dates. Come to think of it, the AP rates may have started after we were already there. Perhaps they will extend them if your trip goes longer than the discounts, but they will not start early for you. It would be good to know how exactly it all works!

shakes20

imamouse

Kingdom Konsultant said:
I said that they should start on the 29th and I didn't know the time frame. The current AP rate ends the 28th.

Pam

Thanks [as always] for this information. I can only keep one ear to the ground, checking back only so often on the latest discounts, so it is nice to know that KK has both ears to the ground at all times. I appreciate your post and have followed your advice, i.e., I made my Oct reservation and now I am on the lookout for discounts (AP or other).
I will also be paying attention to the Dec discounts, if any, in preparation for our Christmas '05 trip. I realize that any discounts this Dec do not mean the same, or any, discounts will be offered next Dec, but I will pay attention and keep my fingers crossed anyway. Thanks again for keeping us in the loop!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom