New Anna/Elsa standby procedure?

cw1982

I like using the old and new fastpass system melded together into one monstrous event of ultimate efficiency. However, I wish they would have considered my simple solution of having every cast member on property dressed as either Elsa or Anna at all times completely sating the urges of Frozen obsessed public.

Still no Olaf, even with every CM dressed in a Frozen costume? ;)

FigmentsFangirl

It seems to be based on the online reaction.

IMO? Go there first thing, get your return ticket and go do everything else.
Thankfully I managed to get a FP reserved for the 23rd of August this year {The only day with a early afternoon return time period} I'll see about that standby line and if they are still testing.

Thanks much all :)

I'm a bit late to the board, but through skimming, I saw that no one mentioned that they are actually using this system for the "For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration" at DHS for Frozen Summer Fun. There's actually no stand-by line. You MUST get the paper pass to join the line between two times. It's really similar and it was really effective, as I only waited 15 minutes to get into the show, that being the difference.... it's in a theater and has a large capacity. It also has no FP+, so it works as a supplement, too. I just thought I'd contribute that.

HRHPrincessAriel

Original Poster
I'm a bit late to the board, but through skimming, I saw that no one mentioned that they are actually using this system for the "For the First Time In Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration" at DHS for Frozen Summer Fun. There's actually no stand-by line. You MUST get the paper pass to join the line between two times. It's really similar and it was really effective, as I only waited 15 minutes to get into the show, that being the difference.... it's in a theater and has a large capacity. It also has no FP+, so it works as a supplement, too. I just thought I'd contribute that.
I would guess because that has a much higher capacity than a M&G.

natatomic

I would guess because that has a much higher capacity than a M&G.

I feel like the total number of people who can meet A&E all day is about the same number of people that can fit into one show in that theater!

When I went to see the sing-a-long, I was able to get a ticket for the show about 10 minutes before it started. It was around 1:30ish? So I didn't need a ticket to return later (let alone HOURS later).

Kuzcotopia

This is really generalized but attendances rise year on year for the most part. This means more guests and more money being spent year on year which means more profit for Disney. The continuously rising attendances also causes longer lines, something which will put people off from coming, more attractions will help to lower the average wait time which in turn makes happier guests who are more likely to return and spend more money. In theory you have a nice cycle where new attractions come which keep the ever continuing crowds happy and growing. Except enough people come anyway to keep the executives happy so they don't really need to build all that much.

True, but the larger you are, the more there is to maintain, and the bigger the risk if times ever got lean.

Am I saying that TDO shouldn't risk more? No, I think they're too conservative. . . My only argument is the "why" they would choose to spend money on social engineering instead of expansion.

bethymouse

I didn't/don't believe that number. We waited in the FP line for *maybe*10-15 minutes and there were at least 6-7 groups in front of us.

Doing that math with those numbers means they spend 6 min with you.
I looked back at our video. From Anna walking over it was just over a minute. I stopped right before pictures which took maybe another minute. It was very efficient.
Are you able to post that video?:)

bethymouse

It is important to remember that this is "under testing". While it has become permanent at The Legend of Jack Sparrow and the Frozen Sing-Along that doesn't mean it will for this M&G
Frozen Sing Along- OMG! I love the movie, but wow, just WOW!:confused::eek:

KevinYee

Spoke with one front-line CM about the now-concluded test at Anna/Elsa, and he felt it was a disaster from the front line point of view. From that I infer (and would have expected anyway) that people got irate when they walk up midday (passes were gone before noon) and there is *NO* way to meet Anna and Elsa, even if you wanted to dedicate 6 hours to it.

Of course, this CM might not be seeing the whole picture. But it's what I would have expected in terms of the front line experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom