New AK logo

Gfhweb

Original Poster
With the construction of EE in AK there is an aparent realization of how large the mountain is in comparison to the rest of the pak This has propted imagineers to realize that the logo of the park needs to change to incorparate this giant imposing mountain. What this has led to is the beginning of concept art production with the logo staying the same except for the fact that behind the tree of life Everest will stand in all the new production of anything with the park logo on it.

CTXRover

That new logo can be seen on the new HCOE banners throughout the parks and DD. Its also on the front of 1/4 of the new tickets (the other 3 representing the other 3 parks and their new attractions as posted here last week). It looks nice.

GymLeaderPhil

...and your source?

Just because they are marketing EE with promotional art that has The Tree of Life on it DOES NOT translate into a change of the icon for the park.

Look at the other Happiest Celebration on Earth promotional teasers: They all have the park logo on it.

This has no weight to it.

Gfhweb

Original Poster
GymLeaderPhil said:
...and your source?

Just because they are marketing EE with promotional art that has The Tree of Life on it DOES NOT translate into a change of the icon for the park.

Look at the other Happiest Celebration on Earth promotional teasers: They all have the park logo on it.

This has no weight to it.
If you are trying to say that I have seen things around the parks and trasnlated that into a permanent change, that is not what I did. I was told by one of my friends inside disney about this. It is not something that will only stay for a while like the changes you mention i.e. The Happiest Clelebration on Earth, because this is a temporary event. Everest is not something they will marketing for a while and then stop, it is a permanent addition to the skyline of the park that until was the tree of life. This is a change that is permanent to the logo.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Really. So when in the history of WDW has a new ride changed the parks official logo?

Never? Ok. The park's logo is its icon.

MK - Cinderella Caste
Epcot - SSE
MGM - Earful Tower, now Sorceror's Hat
AK - Tree of Life

No matter what you may think, you're wrong. Its the Animal Kingdom, not the mountain and tree kingdom. I can see them replacing the dragon in the logo with a yeti, but I seriously doubt the mountain will be in there. And it will most definetly not be bigger than the tree of life in the event that it is.

askmike1

Thrawn said:
Really. So when in the history of WDW has a new ride changed the parks official logo?

MK - Cinderella Caste
Epcot - SSE
AK - Tree of Life

No matter what you may think, you're wrong. Its the Animal Kingdom, not the mountain and tree kingdom. I can see them replacing the dragon in the logo with a yeti, but I seriously doubt the mountain will be in there. And it will most definetly not be bigger than the tree of life in the event that it is.
1) That was harsh
2) How can you say that the other person is wrong and you are automatically right?
3) Why shouldn't EE be bigger than the tree in the picture, there is a 54 ft height difference between the two...I think people will notice that EE is bigger than the Tree.

-Michael

mickhyperion

Over at the Disneyland Resort, icon changes for the Resort and California Adventure have been in transition for a while now. So these things are not impossible.

I think the tone of some of these posts is surprisingly snotty and uncalled for, don't you think? It's just a logo, kids.

Tim G

Thrawn said:

MK - Cinderella Caste
Epcot - SSE
AK - Tree of Life

PFFFT! Here we go again, please watch you're tone... people are trying to be informative, IMO he IS wrong, but nevertheless he doesn't deserve to get a rude and sarcastic answer from you... so next time you will be reported...

People have been banned for less... so keep it friendly, please...

Tim G

Gfhweb said:
With the construction of EE in AK there is an aparent realization of how large the mountain is in comparison to the rest of the pak This has propted imagineers to realize that the logo of the park needs to change to incorparate this giant imposing mountain. What this has led to is the beginning of concept art production with the logo staying the same except for the fact that behind the tree of life Everest will stand in all the new production of anything with the park logo on it.
Sorry, but the logo you mean has been made for the celebration...
The original logo for Disney's Animal Kingdom will stay the same, sorry... :D

TheOneVader

This is simply what I think will happen:

AK will often be shown with the Tree of Life and Everest behind it. Does that mean the icon will change? No. On the Disney cups and plates and stuff, where it has the park logos on the side, it will most likely have the Castle, Spaceship Earth, the Sorcerer's Hat, and Tree of Life. I doubt they'd actually incorporate EE into the icon, because then it would be too busy if you ask me. Keep in mind, this is just what I think will happen, not a fact.

stitchcastle

does anyone see it odd that even with the new temporary logo with Everest at the backdrop, The dragon is still part of the animals in line at the bottom of the tree? Take a really close look, the Dragon is still there.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
askmike1 said:
1) That was harsh
2) How can you say that the other person is wrong and you are automatically right?
3) Why shouldn't EE be bigger than the tree in the picture, there is a 54 ft height difference between the two...I think people will notice that EE is bigger than the Tree.

-Michael

1) A little.
2) Because he has no evidence backing him up. I have 30 years of it.
3) Because you don't want to make something bigger than the "centerpiece" of your park. Bad marketing. I've yet to see a shot that includes both the tree of life and EE in one shot, so I can't see how well forced perspective is being used in this case. Or how low Everest is built down. Remember, Cindy's castle isn't the tallest thing at MK. Sure looks like it though, doesn't it?

Thrawn

Account Suspended
TheOneVader said:
This is simply what I think will happen:

AK will often be shown with the Tree of Life and Everest behind it. Does that mean the icon will change? No. On the Disney cups and plates and stuff, where it has the park logos on the side, it will most likely have the Castle, Spaceship Earth, the Sorcerer's Hat, and Tree of Life. I doubt they'd actually incorporate EE into the icon, because then it would be too busy if you ask me. Keep in mind, this is just what I think will happen, not a fact.

You are probably correct. Exactly like the pass thats linked in the top of the thread.

No new icon/logo though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom