Needing a Credit Card for ADR's

mickeysshoes

Original Poster
Now that the new policy has been effect for a while I have a new question that I am hoping you guys will be able to help me with. We always do the deluxe dining plan and we tend to eat a signature resturant most every night. I know that you have to give a credit card number now when making your ADR's. My problem is we do not have credit cards any more. We have closed them all and will not get a new one. The only thing we have are our VISA check cards that are attached to our checking account. My question is when you give your credit card number what do they do with?? Just keep it on file incase you do not show?? Or do they place a dollar amount on reserve until your ADR time??? Thanks in advance for you help!! :wave:

minniemickeyfan

I have made several ADR's for our upcoming trip and used my Disney Visa. I haven't had any holds of any amount, not even $1 to run the card.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You can use a check card just like a credit card. The most that will be done is a $1 charge and credit to confirm that the card it valid.

mickeysshoes

Original Poster
I have made several ADR's for our upcoming trip and used my Disney Visa. I haven't had any holds of any amount, not even $1 to run the card.

You can use a check card just like a credit card. The most that will be done is a $1 charge and credit to confirm that the card it valid.

Thanks very much...both of you. I have been worried about this since my DH was laid off back in December and was trying to figure a way around. But if they dont charge anything then it will be OK!!!!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
My understanding is that they charge $10 per person IF you don't show or cancel in less than 24 hours your ADR to that card. So if you cancel more than 24 hours before or show up no charge should be allocated to your card. Have not seen anyone post about getting charged yet for a no show though....have been wondering about that!:lookaroun

DisneyDebNJ

Now that the new policy has been effect for a while I have a new question that I am hoping you guys will be able to help me with. We always do the deluxe dining plan and we tend to eat a signature resturant most every night. I know that you have to give a credit card number now when making your ADR's. My problem is we do not have credit cards any more. We have closed them all and will not get a new one. The only thing we have are our VISA check cards that are attached to our checking account. My question is when you give your credit card number what do they do with?? Just keep it on file incase you do not show?? Or do they place a dollar amount on reserve until your ADR time??? Thanks in advance for you help!! :wave:

I have used both my Disney Visa and Visa debit card (We try to pay down on our Disney Visa as a *just in case* vehicle at Disney) and have never had a problem. If you're still uncomfortable giving your account numbers, ask Disney directly why they need the account number, for piece of mind.

wilkeliza

To my knowledge we have never had a hold or charge put on our accounts from having to put down a card.

They ask for the card so that if you are a no call/no show they can penalize you. If you are super worried just called customer service and ask if they will charge anything before your dinning so you are fully aware. Also remember the cancelation fee goes into effect 24 hours before the reservation time and date. So if any of the kiddos are feeling sick the day before make sure you call the reservations for the next day if you really think you are going to have to sit them out. It is 10 dollars per a person to cancel after 24 hours even if you are on the Disney Dinning Program. I have heard that sometimes they take pitty due to sick children or something but if that happens it is wise not to use your KTTWC for anything else during that time period or you'll be sure to get that charge after all.

mickeysshoes

Original Poster
To my knowledge we have never had a hold or charge put on our accounts from having to put down a card.

They ask for the card so that if you are a no call/no show they can penalize you. If you are super worried just called customer service and ask if they will charge anything before your dinning so you are fully aware. Also remember the cancelation fee goes into effect 24 hours before the reservation time and date. So if any of the kiddos are feeling sick the day before make sure you call the reservations for the next day if you really think you are going to have to sit them out. It is 10 dollars per a person to cancel after 24 hours even if you are on the Disney Dinning Program. I have heard that sometimes they take pitty due to sick children or something but if that happens it is wise not to use your KTTWC for anything else during that time period or you'll be sure to get that charge after all.

I am not at all worried about the fee that is charged. I am on that has always called when my plans have changed. And with this new rule we will just not change like we have in the past. What I was more worried about was at 180 day out them reserving the $10 per ADR and it effecting my day to day balance in my checking account. Funds are tight right now and will be until we are both back on our feet with new jobs and needed to know if needed to be prepared to cover the reserve when it came time to make our ADR's. But from what everyone has been saying they dont reserve anything so I should be ok!!!

Thanks again all for the info!!!

alle

Credit card charge

Ok, folks, now I'm really confused :confused: At 180 days out I called and reserved CRT for our family of five. And my credit card was charged immediately for the full price of the meal which will be in May!! I've already paid it off but don't understand how you folks booked ahead and haven't been charged yet????? Please, somebody, explain:brick:

alissafalco

Ok, folks, now I'm really confused :confused: At 180 days out I called and reserved CRT for our family of five. And my credit card was charged immediately for the full price of the meal which will be in May!! I've already paid it off but don't understand how you folks booked ahead and haven't been charged yet????? Please, somebody, explain:brick:

I was charged the full amount also when I made my ADR's. I think CRT and the dinner shows they charge you right away because they are price fixed...The other restaurants they really can't because they don't know how much the meal will be. I think??

wilkeliza

Cinderella's Royal Table, Hoop Dee Doo, and some other dinners do have you pay out right. If you have a dinning program they don't make you pay you just put a credit card on file in case you cancel. In the event you get a dinning plan after you already paid for and booked one of these "Premium dinning experiences" you can either call and rebook or when you show up to the podium just say you are on the Dinning Program now and they will give you a refund.

Disney is typically very clear on whether or not they are charging or holding the information. The credit card we were talking about were for deluxe dinning or sit down that have been added to that list. Most of these are the 1 table service credit meals where as the pay up front are 2 or more table service credits.

71dsp

When we booked the Luau dinner show at the Polynesian, our card was charged immediately. They credited my card and deducted meal credits the night of the show (we had deluxe dining). The CM also told me that we could have called ahead of time and had them credit the card and charge to the dining plan as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom