Need some reassurance here....

Elonwy

So I booked my trip but since I waited a bit too long I didn't get the resort of my choice.

I wanted to stay at Pop Century, instead I'll be staying at All-Star Music.

So, somebody reassure me I'm not missing out on too much. Everyone seems to say that Pop is the best Value resort but SOMEONE must think AS Music is OK, right?

.........anyone................anyone.........................Bueller......?

lac628

Music is not bad. Yes, Pop is better, but you will have a great time no matter what!!! We used to always stay at one of the All Star resorts and had a great time! Since we discovered Pop, we definately choose it over All Stars, but we would stay at All Stars if needed. Don't worry! The Magic won't be lost!!!

Upvote 0

Elonwy

Original Poster
whew....I knew you guys would make everything better.

It's true I'll be at the parks most of the time so it's really just a sleeping spot more than anything else.

Love having my own little support group! :eek::D

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We stayed at Pop last summer. It was great. We have also stayed at ASSports and really enjoyed it, too. This summer we are staying at ASM also. Every resort was available when we booked but we chose ASMusic because it is newly renovated and we like to try different resorts to have different experiences.

Looking at the resort map, it looks great. I have also heard great things about it from people on here. I even put out a thread when I first booked to hear some advice, as well. Some say there is a movie every night and they play games in the pool...sounds cool, right?

I don't think we will be disappointed.:)

Upvote 0

mwbrown

Music v. Pop

I stayed at Music in '03, and Pop twice in '07 (during the second trip, the couple we travelled with stayed at Music). I too prefer Pop to Music, however the staff at Music are much more entertaining when checking in than I have ever seen at Pop.

My one recommendation is to try to get a room at Music in the Jazz Inn. It is not a Preferred room as it doesn't overlook the pool, but it is close enough to the main building. Our friends were in the Country building, and it was nearly a 5 minute walk to the restaurant/front desk/buses.

Oh, and go back to the hotel each afternoon to enjoy the pool and relax. The spray from the Three Cabelleros in the Guitar pool is very refreshing after a few hours in the Magic Kingdom.

Enjoy your stay...I am headed back to Pop in July for trip #12.

mwbrown25

mwbrown25

Upvote 0

tharmscott

We stayed at Music Nov 07 and liked it. They had movies by the pool every night. They also had different activities at the pool during the day. I have stayed at Pop one time and was not real impressed. It was too loud. People would still be in the pool at 2 a.m. making lots of noice. We only had one long wait for the bus and that was to go to Downtown Disney. Have fun!!!!

Upvote 0

DivineMadness7

On-property is still 1,000 times better than off-property.

That's right. I said it. Can of worms....opened.

But in all seriousness, you will enjoy it. Everyone likes different things. Pop is newer, but that doesn't make it better necessarily. You can always stay at Pop next time! Lesson learned, book early if possible!

Upvote 0

JerseySkiddie

I've stayed and Pop and its definitely the best of the values. However, I also just got back from the All Star Tour. That's right my WDW partner in crime and I just stayed at all 3 all stars in one trip.

of the all stars i liked movies the best. music was second on the list so you should be fine! plus the refurbed rooms were nice to have.

youve got to keep in mind that if you're going commando style and not spending much time in the room all of the all stars serve their purpose as a place to come back at night and crash.

have a blast on your trip!!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Personally I prefer the way the food courts are set up at the All Stars over the food court at Pop ( I know, I'm in the minority). But I just don't care for the feeling of dining in the gift shop.
Also, if you are going to the parks early or coming home late (during peak seasons) you don't share buses. At least, that has been our experience.
You'll be fine.

Upvote 0

Rob562

Also, if you are going to the parks early or coming home late (during peak seasons) you don't share buses. At least, that has been our experience.
You'll be fine.

And during park closing when they run separate buses to each of the All-Stars, if for some reason Music has a line but one of the others doesn't, you can take the other bus back and walk over to Music. Because it's located between Sports and Movies, it's convenient from both.
(In fact, for people staying in some parts of the Mighty Ducks section of Movies, the *Music* food court and bus stops are actually closer to their rooms than the ones at Movies)

Oh, and pool-hopping is allowed between the three All-Star resorts. So you have six pools to choose from compared to Pop's three.

And as for my own opinion of Music, it's my favorite of the three All-Stars. I haven't stayed in Pop yet (staying there in September), though. But I've been to Music for three one-week vacations, once at Music solo for half a week until my friend joined me on the trip and we upgraded to Riverside, and Sports for one night because we couldn't get a room at Riverside for all the dates we needed.
And I agree with the above poster who suggested requesting a room in Jazz. Half the rooms in Jazz are now Family Suites, but the rest are standard. I like the blue color-scheme, and it's an easy walk to the food court and pools.

-Rob

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Just stayed at Music in October, I loved it, like you I was alittle leary b/c I've never stayed there before... I loved it!! They had fun things going on at the pool all hours of the day and the rooms were just renovated. I'm sure you will not be disappointed. I'm staying at POP in December so we'll see how I like it.

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
All the resorts are the same with your eyes closed! Honestly, I've stayed in Music 4 or 5 times and never really had a reason to complain. Either way you're still at DISNEY and will enjoy every single second, no matter where you hang your head at night.

Enjoy the magic! :wave:

Upvote 0

Dukeblue1016

Pop Century is the best of the values... however... that in absolutely no way means that any of the All Stars is bad. In fact, they are all very good as well; Pop is just newer... I like that it's just one bus stop... I mean besides really those two things I don't think a whole lot else really sets them apart...

Same thing happened to me though where I waited too long, couldn't stay at Pop after staying there three straight trips; stayed at All Star Sports and saw really nothing worthy of commenting on for differences...

You'll have an awesome time! :) have fun!

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Music will be just fine. Only drawback at all is hours when resorts share buses and it's still better than Movies (Sports is best). But the renovated rooms probably make up for that.

And you are at Walt Disney World. How bad can it be :)

Upvote 0

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
You'll be fine at Music. In fact, when we stayed there last summer, they were running some sort of poolside fun program that they weren't running at Sports or Movies (don't know about Pop). They had games during the day, trivia and a movie at night. It was a great bonus!

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

We love AS Music! I chose to go back there for this September, actually!

First of all you can throw out the "Pop Century is newer" argument. The rooms are recently renovated and are brand spankin' new! I found the resort to be very quiet (even in the middle of the day). I stayed in the Jazz building which is very close to the main building (as others have already mentioned). They always had activities in the middle of the day for the kids and movies at night (I don't know if they do this all year round or not) - we were there in June. I also never shared a bus with the other AS resorts (again, I don't know if this is the case all year round or not).

I wouldn't worry one little bit - I'm sure AS Music will find a place in your heart!

*Edit* Hello neighbour! (Just noticed your from NS.)

Upvote 0

erstwo

I'll tag onto this one too..... anyone know anything about the family suites at All Stars Music?

We're debating between those and the FWC Cabins.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom