Need some more dining suggestions!

DisneyHamm

Original Poster
So we depart for our Magical Experience in 9 days. It is my wife, my 8 year old son, and I staying at the Coronado Springs Resort from May 21 thru the 31st. We bought the 10 day Park Hopper tickets with the Deluxe Dinning Package. We fully understand the amount of food offered is tremendous, but we really wanted to visit a lot of restaurants that we would not normally do as a one time only trip. With that said, we booked 19 dining reservations. Currently our dining looks like the following list.

21st – Arrive
Lunch –
Dinner –
22nd – MK
Breakfast – Chef Mickey’s
Lunch – Tony’s Town Square
Dinner – The Crystal Palace
23rd – EP
Breakfast –
Lunch – Coral Reef Restaurant
Dinner – The Garden Grill
24th – HS
Breakfast – Hollywood & Vine
Lunch – Mama Melrose’s (Fantasmic Package)
Dinner – 50’s Prime Time Café
25th – AK
Breakfast – Tusker House
Lunch –
Dinner – Kouzzina by Cat Cora
26th – HS
Breakfast –
Lunch – Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Dinner – Spirit of Aloha Show
27th – EP
Breakfast –
Lunch – San Angel Inn
Dinner – Le Cellier
28th – AK
Breakfast –
Lunch – Yak & Yeti
Dinner – Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
29th – Water Park?
Breakfast –
Lunch –
Dinner –
30th – Undetermined
Breakfast –
Lunch –
Dinner – Biergarten Restaurant
31st – Leaving
Breakfast – ‘Ohana

Now after all of that, we still have 9 more meals to use. We may use some as CS meals, but were really hoping for some ideas on what else may be good TS meals that are not listed. As we do have the hopper, we don’t mind switching parks multiple times a day. Time away from attractions is not a problem for us.

ob1thx1138

I know you did not as for this but I would not suggest the park hopper for such a long trip, you have plenty of time to dedicate whole days at a single park and so far none of your dining plans require hopping. We did a 10 day trip last summer and did not once miss not having the fairly expensive park hopper option. If we were going for just 5-6 days then I could see it being a little more necessary.

As for dining. Like I said we did a 10 day trip last summer with the DDP and did a character breakfast almost every day. We will not be doing any character meals on our next trip except for one. We really enjoyed the breakfast at 1900 Park Fare. Yea the food was mostly the same old bland buffet fare with mostly flavourless bacon and sausage, but the extras here was a little better and the character interaction was excellent, but our kids are a bit older (boys 16 and 8) so they were not really interested in people in animal costumes.

Also We LOVED Yak and Yeti. Did not care at all for coral reef or Resturant Merikesh.

Oh we did not care for the spirit of aloha (we actually left 5 minutes early so we could catch the nightastic fireworks from the beach) but we will do Hoop Dee Doo again on our next visit, it was wonderful and everyone enjoyed it. We also really liked the Brown Derby, the Cobb Salad was amazing. Also we loved Cali Grill and La Cellier

The only other place that really stands out in my mind right now was Raglan Road. We ate here on our last day and by then we were sick of eating but the food was really good and we plan on eating there earlier in our trip so that we can appreciate it more next time.

Goofycanuck

Quite the list. I would add a few more Signature restaurants ( 2 credits ) to fill your schedule. I would recommend California Grill @ the Contemporary, Narcoossee's @ the Grand Floridian, Brown Derby in DHS and Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle @ MK. Try and reserve California Grill and Narcoossee's to coincide with the Fireworks @ MK. The Coronado also has the Maya Grill which serves both breakfast and dinner. Happy eating!

mickeysshoes

I also suggest adding some 2 credit resturants....In addition to the ones above I would also suggest Flying Fish and Artist Point!!

ob1thx1138

Quite the list. I would add a few more Signature restaurants ( 2 credits ) to fill your schedule. I would recommend California Grill @ the Contemporary, Narcoossee's @ the Grand Floridian, Brown Derby in DHS and Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle @ MK. Try and reserve California Grill and Narcoossee's to coincide with the Fireworks @ MK. The Coronado also has the Maya Grill which serves both breakfast and dinner. Happy eating!

Agree we scheduled California Grill to coincide with the fireworks and even though it was raining a little we really enjoyed watching them from the deck. Oh and they pipe the music in so you can hear the entire show. Really neat. Our waiter came to the table as we were finishing up our entrees and told us we could enjoy the fireworks and that he would have our desserts ready when we got back. And wouldn't you know it, when we got back to the table it had been totally cleared and redressed with confetti and our desserts were sitting there waiting for us. Very nice experience.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
So we depart for our Magical Experience in 9 days. It is my wife, my 8 year old son, and I staying at the Coronado Springs Resort from May 21 thru the 31st. We bought the 10 day Park Hopper tickets with the Deluxe Dinning Package. We fully understand the amount of food offered is tremendous, but we really wanted to visit a lot of restaurants that we would not normally do as a one time only trip. With that said, we booked 19 dining reservations. Currently our dining looks like the following list.

21st – Arrive
Lunch –
Dinner –
22nd – MK
Breakfast – Chef Mickey’s
Lunch – Tony’s Town Square
Dinner – The Crystal Palace
23rd – EP
Breakfast –
Lunch – Coral Reef Restaurant
Dinner – The Garden Grill
24th – HS
Breakfast – Hollywood & Vine
Lunch – Mama Melrose’s (Fantasmic Package)
Dinner – 50’s Prime Time Café
25th – AK
Breakfast – Tusker House
Lunch –
Dinner – Kouzzina by Cat Cora
26th – HS
Breakfast –
Lunch – Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater
Dinner – Spirit of Aloha Show
27th – EP
Breakfast –
Lunch – San Angel Inn
Dinner – Le Cellier
28th – AK
Breakfast –
Lunch – Yak & Yeti
Dinner – Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue
29th – Water Park?
Breakfast –
Lunch –
Dinner –
30th – Undetermined
Breakfast –
Lunch –
Dinner – Biergarten Restaurant
31st – Leaving
Breakfast – ‘Ohana

Now after all of that, we still have 9 more meals to use. We may use some as CS meals, but were really hoping for some ideas on what else may be good TS meals that are not listed. As we do have the hopper, we don’t mind switching parks multiple times a day. Time away from attractions is not a problem for us.

I also like

at resorts: Boma and 1900 Park Fare

at MK: Tortuga (CS) and Crystal Palace for bfast

at DHS: Pizza Planet (CS)

at Epcot: Via Napoli, Rose and Crown, Les Chefs de France

Enjoy! We really liked the dining plan.

ThinkTink721

You have a lot of good ones already on your list!

Some more recommendations:
Chef Mickey's for dinner
Crystal Palace for breakfast
Whispering Canyon for dinner
1900 Park Fare breakfast or dinner
CRT for breakfast
Princess Storybook for breakfast or dinner
Teppan Edo

popsicletrees

I would highly suggest Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. It is really like one of those hidden gems because it is rarely if ever crowded, so reservations this close to your trip would not be a problem. It has wonderful food too. I would also suggest Boma as some others already have. Kona and Boma are two of my favorite places to eat on property.

harryk

I suggest Whispering Canyon on your arrival date for dinner. Of course this depends on your arrival time.

It is a fun place to begin a Disney Vacation.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I'd add Resturant Merikesh. Or visit Animal Kingdom Lodge. See the animals and eat at any of the 3 resturants. Lunch at Sanaa, or Dinner at all 3, Sanaa, Boma, or Jiko.

All are fun and good food. You can spend some time at the resort, watch the animals, tour around. At night they have camp fires and story time, night vison glasses and other activities.

Artist's Point at Wilderness Lodge is very nice as well.

Have fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom