Need Serious Shoe Help!

DisneyPrincess5

Hi all!

I am looking for a comfortable shoe option to support my feet and back with the amount of walking at the parks that's not sneakers.

Okay so I know this topic has been discussed before. In fact I posted a thread a few years ago about it because I struggle with this so much.
We're going to WDW for our honeymoon this coming Fall and I desperately want to be able to wear skirts and dresses to stay cool. But sneakers and dresses don't mix. Plus their hot.

My problem is that I have some feet and back concerns. My feet become sore very easily and as a result of improper shoes and then my back hurts as well. It's happened a million times to me at WDW while wearing sandals. I don't want this to happen again on any trip, especially our honeymoon but I'd like to wear a type of shoe other than sneakers.

What options have you guys found comfortable that support my back and feet that are not sneakers? Something tried and true that always works for you? And no crocs please! Crocs hurt my feet walking in them with not even close to the amount of walking at Disney so those are out.

Thank you!!! Your input is greatly appreciated!

Tinkerbell 8

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

I wear New Balance 623's but I have flat feet and need a good shoe for the standing on concrete. Maybe you can set a trend of sneakers and skirts. My personal opinion is that you wear what is comfortable and not worry about what other people say (within reason, of course. Noone should be wearing tube tops). You're on the concrete for a lot of hours to not wear a shoe that is going to be comfortable. My wife made that mistake once and, after getting some awful blisters on the first or second day of a 7 day trip, her fun on the vacation came to an abrupt end.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
The one part of my body that never hurts me are my feet so I can get away with wearing the dollar flip flops from Old Navy. My sister LOVES the Nike sandals with gel. They are REALLY comfy and she wears them all summer chasing around my two nephews.They come in black, pink and brown and right now they are on sale at most places since its winter.
http://www.famousfootwear.com/en-US/Product/72776-1017361/Nike/Black/Womens+Havenwood.aspx
I will look not these thanks! And lucky you btw! I'd love for that to be me.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
I wear New Balance 623's but I have flat feet and need a good shoe for the standing on concrete. Maybe you can set a trend of sneakers and skirts. My personal opinion is that you wear what is comfortable and not worry about what other people say (within reason, of course. Noone should be wearing tube tops). You're on the concrete for a lot of hours to not wear a shoe that is going to be comfortable. My wife made that mistake once and, after getting some awful blisters on the first or second day of a 7 day trip, her fun on the vacation came to an abrupt end.
I know that's what I fear. Hmm well have to see. I'll check out those shoes thank you.

Upvote 0

real mad hatter

Okay that sounds intriguing. Which thread was that?
Now your asking.:oops: Ive just checked out the spray,it's called Foot reviving spray and has mint,witch hazel,and cypress in it.I believe one of your American buddies managed to get it from a chemist in his town.I got it from Boots chemist.I sprayed it on my feet at the start of each day and before I hit the pillow at night.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Now your asking.:oops: Ive just checked out the spray,it's called Foot reviving spray and has mint,witch hazel,and cypress in it.I believe one of your American buddies managed to get it from a chemist in his town.I got it from Boots chemist.I sprayed it on my feet at the start of each day and before I hit the pillow at night.
Huh never heard of this I will check it out thanks.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all!

I am looking for a comfortable shoe option to support my feet and back with the amount of walking at the parks that's not sneakers.

Okay so I know this topic has been discussed before. In fact I posted a thread a few years ago about it because I struggle with this so much.
We're going to WDW for our honeymoon this coming Fall and I desperately want to be able to wear skirts and dresses to stay cool. But sneakers and dresses don't mix. Plus their hot.

My problem is that I have some feet and back concerns. My feet become sore very easily and as a result of improper shoes and then my back hurts as well. It's happened a million times to me at WDW while wearing sandals. I don't want this to happen again on any trip, especially our honeymoon but I'd like to wear a type of shoe other than sneakers.

What options have you guys found comfortable that support my back and feet that are not sneakers? Something tried and true that always works for you? And no crocs please! Crocs hurt my feet walking in them with not even close to the amount of walking at Disney so those are out.

I can't wait to see what the replies are. My feet were DESTROYED this last trip!!

Upvote 0

emma c

hmm thats what im starting to look at as well! Got narrow feet n i cant walk in flip flops! would like enough option other than trainers really! Such a pain to go shoe shoping....

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

Have you tried Sperry Top-Siders? I was pretty comfortable wearing my bluefish style in the parks and my friend has also worn her angelfish variety and been pretty good. I tend to get aching pains in my legs if I wear something with too little support and I didn't feel any of that after wearing mine all day in MK. They have built in arch support and just checking the online reviews...I haven't seen much in the way of complaints. I guess at least being a traditional shoe- you could add in an insert if it's not enough.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Have you tried Sperry Top-Siders? I was pretty comfortable wearing my bluefish style in the parks and my friend has also worn her angelfish variety and been pretty good. I tend to get aching pains in my legs if I wear something with too little support and I didn't feel any of that after wearing mine all day in MK. They have built in arch support and just checking the online reviews...I haven't seen much in the way of complaints. I guess at least being a traditional shoe- you could add in an insert if it's not enough.
Ooooooooo this sounds promising since you experience the same discomfort I do with the legs. Thanks a lot I'm going to look into these!!

Upvote 0

DisneyDebNJ

Hi all!

I have major problems with sciatica and shoes are as important to me while at Disney, as me seeing Pluto is!!! LOL I love skechers reggae rasta sandals. Arch support, and comfy as can be. Skechers also has a few pairs of sneakers that are super comfy and not expensive that worked well for me during my 3,000 mile hike thru the parks (ok well atleast it FEELS like 3,000 miles) and helps me tremendously with the Epcot monorail ramp death walk LOL. Hope this helps!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom