Need opinions on the Caribbean Beach Resort

crassmonkey

We are trying to decided where to stay for our honeymoon in Dec. 2008. On our last trip we stayed at POFQ and absolutely LOVED it, but want to experience other resorts.

Does anyone have any strong opinions of the CBR? I know it's huge compared to POFQ, and I'm not a big fan of the neon color scheme, but I want to know what you loyal WDWMagic folks think.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

Shere_Khan

Overall - I think any place you go, there is a possibility of receiving bad service or possibly room mixups.
My BF just went to this completely outrageous expensive resort in Cabo for work. He went to go into the room they gave him. Opened the door with the key and there was a family already in there sitting on the beds. Thank God they were decent or not changing or something. He went back down and they switched his room again and when he went in there were other people's suitcases in the room. He finally got an actual room, but you would not expect that to happen in a place so pricey. But unfortunately it does once and while. A few bad experiences shouldn't be enough to make you not want to go to a certain resort.
Now, if they are factual things like what accomodations are provided, etc. Then you should definitely base your decision on what your needs are.
But IMO CBR is a great resort and has a very relaxing and peaceful environment. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the moderates.

Upvote 0

DisneyPirate85

:wave:CBR is nice..but like it has been said POFQ or POR is MUCH more romantic, Carriage rides after sunset...the ambience verynice...but you'll be happy at either 1 ITS DISNEY!!:sohappy:
Oh and CONGRATS honeymooned there this past July...:wave:

Upvote 0

DavidTheGreat

Very secluded

We stayed in the Trinidad south area, and it was great. Although it was far from the food court and main pool, it was very quiet with few kids. Good for young couples on a honeymoon...

Upvote 0

bhg469

It was way too crowded for me, it was like a value resort at a higher price. The location was nice but that was about all there was to it.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

If you are looking for positives, Caribbean Beach is okay. It is Disney and so it has good things in its favor. It won't be awful.

That said, my advice would be to pick a different moderate if you still can.

Caribbean Beach is the oldest of the moderates. If you want to come back to your hotel and sit down at a bar and enjoy a drink regardless of the weather - you'll have to stay somewhere else because CB doesn't have a real indoor bar at its Shutters Restaurant. To my observation, CB's sit down restaurant comes up short when compared to those at all the other moderates.

Anyway, don't let this review detract from your honeymoon. Like I said above, it does have things in its favor and if your outlook is optimistic, it will be a fine hotel for you.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom