Need help...

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Got the help I asked for, thanks.

My thanks to all who pitched in with advice.

Cnrtygirl

Relax-- you have planned many vacations. Give the boy some polish remover and a bright Mickey shirt. Take the girl to BBB they are never to old to be a princess. Stay at POP for the wife and eith er take dog with you and board at WDW or talk to your vet.
How is that for an answer?

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Relax-- you have planned many vacations. Give the boy some polish remover and a bright Mickey shirt. Take the girl to BBB they are never to old to be a princess. Stay at POP for the wife and eith er take dog with you and board at WDW or talk to your vet.
How is that for an answer?
Didn't even think of talking to our vet, thanks!

BBB? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

daliseurat

All you need to plan is where you are staying and table service meals. For ten days you can really just take it a day at a time. Better yet ask everyone to tell you what their ideal day with the family would be. Do that. Let the kids do their thing for a day and you adults can do the same. Make your son crazy be dressing like him for a day. There really is something for everyone, so get input. Get a Birnbaums guide so everyone can see how much there is. And have fun!

I'd agree with the POP. Good value, nice cool resort. Got a pool, nice foodcourt.

Upvote 0

BeanSz

With over 10,000 posts, I am surprised you are so at a loss. My friends in a similar position let the family plan a day, or pick a meal of their choice. Keep them involved, and definitely make sure you give the kids some time to themselves. You might find your son may open up and be a bit different on vacation. Enjoy.

Upvote 0

sbkline

Is this some kind of an early April Fool's thread or something? I thought Monty was a single father of a 12 year old son and no daughters? :veryconfu

Upvote 0

H20Babie

My family is going to Disney! :sohappy:

But now what do I do? I've been asked to do all the planning for our family of four [five if you count Rex, the dog :lookaroun] and haven't a clue where to start. My wife is a real child of the Sixty's and is very laid back and mellow - will she have something? Our eldest is a very goth, bored with the world 18-yo boy who paints his nails black - is there any hope of getting a smile on his face? Our youngest is a real girly-girl 16-yo who heads up her cheer-leading squad in high school - real ditzy but sweet, is there anything that will get her off her cell phone for more time than it takes to scarf down a meal? How am I going to keep everybody happy and active for ten full days?!?!?!? :eek:

I am SO lost!

Also, what should I do with the dog? We don't really know our neighbors and haven't a clue about kennels around here...

:ROFLOL::ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

1. You're Sixties Flower Child wife is in luck. Take her to the UK in World Showcase where she can dance to her heart's content to a Beatles tribute band. If you go before June, bonus. It's the Flower & Garden Festival there, and your wife may be able to find more than pansies :lol:

2. Your goth son will fit right in at the Tower of Terror at the old MGM Studios (now called Disney's Hollywood Studios). Leave him there for the day as part of the attraction; scaring the guests should put a smile on face for while. After which, take him immediately to the Magic Kingdom to ride It's a Small World repeatedly.

3. To get your sweet, ditzy daughter off her cell phone, check the US and national cheer and dance associations and find out if there will be any competitions that week. She can easily put away her cell phone in order to join the other girls chanting throughout the parks. If all else fails, take her on Kali River Rapids at Animal Kingdom. Let her keep her cell out, it'll get very wet. End of problem.

4. As for the dog, take it with you. Hide him in your room and just put up the "Do not disturb" sign when you leave in the mornings so housekeeping doesn't find out. Oh, and turn up the volume on your TV so your neighbours at the resort don't hear the dog either.

Have fun :wave: :lol:

Upvote 0

RiversideBunny

You have to plan a trip to Walt Disney World??
The horror. The horror.

Call the McKenzie brothers.

Keep calm.
Remember the guiding principles: doughnuts, beer, hockey.

You are a veteran. You can do it, eh.
You're Monty, Master of a Thousand Disney Facts.

Good luck.
:animwink:

Upvote 0

sbkline

4. As for the dog, take it with you. Hide him in your room and just put up the "Do not disturb" sign when you leave in the mornings so housekeeping doesn't find out. Oh, and turn up the volume on your TV so your neighbours at the resort don't hear the dog either.

Actually, you just gave me a good idea. Maybe if I take our dog with us, we can train her to guard the Pringles when Mousekeeping comes in to clean the room. :D

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Is this some kind of an early April Fool's thread or something? I thought Monty was a single father of a 12 year old son and no daughters? :veryconfu
You thought correctly... Laura and I were challenged to see if we could elicit aid from the "experts" despite both of our long traditions of helping others. We had to create a family of four with a dog :rolleyes: and ask for advice as though we were new to the forums.

I am so confused!!!.....:brick:

I suspect [the other] Monty is playing off the "OH MY GOSH Disney World is so confusing! AHH!" thread.
Actually, I got out there first, so she was playing off me! :lol:

this is a joke,right????:lol:
Not so much a joke as an experiment.

wait a minute.....this seems wrong somehow,:confused::confused:,i am very confused.
You can unconfuse now... :animwink:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom