Need Help With ToT Convincing

Sledge

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I've been trying to convince Angela (Valawen9) to ride ToT but she is a wuss and absolutely afraid of it. She'll ride RnRC, Space Mountain, BTMR and The Hulk at Universal so she's not a TOTAL wuss, but she is afraid of the dropping on ToT. She's also afraid to ride Splash Mountain because of the drop but I've convinced her to give that one a try. I've been trying to convince her that the dropping part of ToT isn't really that bad at all. I personally can't stand the rides like Superman that launch you up the tower and drop you back down, but I love ToT and don't think it's nearly as bad. Maybe it's being enclosed in the "elevator" rather than out in the open sitting around a tower with your feet hanging.

She'll see this thread so help me convince her that it really isn't as bad and scary as it looks. I don't wanna have to ride it alone. :cry:

Muchos gracias. :kiss:

dxwwf3

Honest to God, my grandparents rode this back when they were able to go to WDW. ToT looks much worse than it is (even though I still think it's the 2nd best "thrill" at WDW behind the RNRC launch) and you should definitely give it a try.

I couldn't imagine anyone going to WDW and NOT riding ToT.

dxwwf3

It's one thing to not like thrill rides at all, but to ride RNRC and Hulk and NOT ride Tower of Terror? You gotta ride it.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
It's one thing to not like thrill rides at all, but to ride RNRC and Hulk and NOT ride Tower of Terror? You gotta ride it.
Exactly. I think if you can do The Hulk then you can easily do ToT. The ride before the drop can't be missed. If it was just a drop ride with no story or things to see then it would be easier to pass up, but with ToT being the way it is I wouldn't miss it.

dxwwf3

Can I be safe to assume that Dr. Doom's Fearfall is out of the question as well? How about Splash Mountain and Jurassic Park River Adventure type rides?

ballewclan

Valawen9 said:
*Raises Hand*

Its such a good ride, you need to conquer your fears and enjoy the disney magic! Take a risk because when for some reason you CANT ride it anymore, your going to wish you had.

Please visit a doctor before though to check for any pre-existing conditions. :lookaroun

Valawen9

dxwwf3 said:
Can I be safe to assume that Dr. Doom's Fearfall is out of the question as well? How about Splash Mountain and Jurassic Park River Adventure type rides?

I agreed to do Splash...it'll be my first time because that's one of the rides that I've been afraid to go on since I was little.

Sledge

Account Suspended
Original Poster
dxwwf3 said:
Yeah she'd never do Dr. Doom's. I didn't even ride that just because I'm not a big fan of those rides. We have the same ride in Dallas but it's called Superman's Tower of Power. Pretty boring ride. Not really worth riding if you don't like the drops since there's nothing to see. ToT on the other hand is worth it and the drops don't ever seem as bad since you can't see anything and don't really have anything to look at and judge how fast and far you are falling.

She hasn't been on either SplM or JPRA but she promised me she'd give SplM a try in October. She's excited to ride Everest though which has a bigger drop than Splash so I don't understand it. I REALLY don't understand how someone that rides The Hulk can be terrorfied of Splash Mountain. :lol:

Sledge

Account Suspended
Original Poster
ballewclan said:
Please visit a doctor before though to check for any pre-existing conditions. :lookaroun
Haha. Why am I always taking a drink of soda when I read the hilarious stuff? Thanks a lot. You made my nose burn. :lol:

dxwwf3

I have a feeling that after she rides Splash Mountain, she'll be eager to get over to MGM and ride ToT.

Don't shortchange the view on Dr. Doom. It's fantastic. And the preshow is hillarious, unfortunately it's a continuous loop show and the only way to see it all is to have a long wait.

wcox377492

Man, I'll try anything including ToT once, and generally there's nothing at a Disney Park I won't/don't ride, however once on ToT was more than enough for me. Coasters, no problem, MS no problem. ToT... erm let's just say it took a bit to recover.

Valawen9

wcox377492 said:
Man, I'll try anything including ToT once, and generally there's nothing at a Disney Park I won't/don't ride, however once on ToT was more than enough for me. Coasters, no problem, MS no problem. ToT... erm let's just say it took a bit to recover.

:eek:That definitely didn't help. lol

Sledge

Account Suspended
Original Poster
wcox377492 said:
Aw, shucks. We were on a roll too. :(

ballewclan

Valawen9 said:
:eek:That definitely didn't help. lol

Seriously, dont worry about it! Its just another ride at WDW! Ok at least go through the queue and TRY to not get on. The theming of the entire ride is SO amazing, and the ride is more about the theming than the drops. The drops i felt added a thrilling element, not so much scary or sickening like a roller coaster.

Its a FUN thrill ride, dont think of it so much as the drops, think of it as the entire ride as an experience!

::BEN::

Go ride Tower of Terror!

If I can ride ToT anybody can!

I went on it twice last April and was terrfied but really, once you get off, I can assure you there will be a huge sense of achievement and you'll be itching to get on and ride again!

It really isnt as bad as it looks! It was my first ever major thrill ride and I'm glad I rode it!

Hope this helps.

Ben

EDIT - Hulk was "scarier"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom