Need help with my schedule...

SpykeYs

Hi,

I am flying over to Walt Disney World tommorow and need help with my schedule. I will be staying at Pop Century from January 4th until Januarty 13th. Here is what we have plan so far:

January 4th (We arrive at Orlando Airport at 15:00): Epcot to eat at Mexico San Angel Inn.
January 5th Magic Kingtom
January 6th Animal Kingdom
January 7th Epcot
January 8th Holywood Studios (MGM)
Januarty 9th Universal Orlando
January 10-11-12 no planning
Jan 13th Leaving :dazzle:

As per UG, these are the best park/date for the lowest crowed (with the exeption of Magic Kingdom)...

However, we want to see the Osborne light show (Does it worth it?) And show ends on the 6th. If we switch Animal Kingdom and MGM, you think it will still be good as for the crowds ? I was hoping to do AK on sunday's, but now we'll have to do MGM instead...

Also, since the MGM show is at 7PM. When is the osborne show ? After, before or same time as the firework show ?

Your help is really appreciated.
Thanks,

Eyekimore

The Osbourne Lights is a walk-through experience. (Officially lights start at 6:00pm) You can stay as long as you want. It is pretty cool to see. (although it was better before they added the Lights, Motor, Action Stunt show) It's very festive.

Do you have a park-hopper ticket? If so- it might be possible to still do AK on Sunday and depending on MGM's hours- go over and just walk through the lights afterward. (and go do the rest of MGM on your scheduled day)

I tried to check the hours for Jan 2008 on this site- but couldn't find them.

Whatever you choose-
Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.. The problem is that we are on a very tight schedule for the first 5-6 days and the day we are going at Animal Kingdom, in the afternoon, we are going to the Mediavles Times...

If we do the MGM on Sunday the 6th, do you think it will be verry crowdy or should be good as most ppl are leaving that day ?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

gettingsmaller

I think that it is easy to put too much emphasis on "best day" planning. As I recall, you have picked a "lower-attendance" time to visit. That being the case, I don't think you'll have to worry that much about crowds (maybe if there are EMH at the park you are considering, or some other special event like that...)

We went in September, and crowds were not bad at all, though they DID pick up a little toward the end of our stay, it seemed. I tried to do the "best day" thing, but I have the feeling that I wouldn't have HAD to do it...

I DO think you can expect more people on weekends, but I'm not for sure...

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Hi,

January 4th (We arrive at Orlando Airport at 15:00): Epcot to eat at Mexico San Angel Inn.
January 5th Magic Kingtom
January 6th Animal Kingdom
January 7th Epcot
January 8th Holywood Studios (MGM)
Januarty 9th Universal Orlando
January 10-11-12 no planning
Jan 13th Leaving :dazzle:

I would use 1/10 - 1/12 to revisit my favorite parks.
Maybe MK, DHS (so that you can see the lights & Fantasmic) & Epcot (it really take 2 days if you want to see the WS & visit Future World).
:wave:

Upvote 0

eroyee

To me, AK and DHS are half day parks so you should have plenty of time to do everything once or even twice. If you havent seen the Osborne lights then you need to do that. dont try to over plan. Just have fun......You have lots of time. we saw medieval times yrs. ago and it was neat........also, Dixie Stampede.

Upvote 0

SpykeYs

Original Poster
Hi :)

Thanks for all the info,

I will simply switch AK and DHS. The 3 free days I have i'll use them to revisit any theme parks and/or water parks..

As for the Light Show, we have time to go see the Fantasmic show and then the lights right ?

And as for Universal Orlando, we got 1 Day 2 Parks passes. So we will do like last year, do both park in 1 day which is done easily.. (We also bought those Express Passes last year so we were able to do everything quickly...)

Also on the 9th, BLUE MAN GROUP! :) I've seen them 3 times here in Canada, they are great!

Thanks for all the info!

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I don't think you'll have a particular problem with crowds as there tends to be a nice drop off after New Years...Definitely see Osborne, MK Castle lights and Epcot before the 6th when the holiday lights go dark, so switch your AK and MGM as suggested.

Upvote 0

SpykeYs

Original Poster
That's what I would do as i've been to Disney like 5 times so far.. But im traveling with 11 ppl and 4 of them never been to disney and it's important for them to do MK first :)

Thanks for all the help.. Here is my new Schedule

Jan 4th - Orlando Airport - Epcot to eat at Mexico San Angel Inn
Jan 5th - Magic Kingdom
Jan 6th - Disney Holywood Studios (MGM)
Jan 7th - Epcot
Jan 8th - Animal Kingdom - Mediavles Time
Jan 9th - Universal Orlando - Island of Advantures - BMG
Jan 10th - NO PLANNING HERE ;)
Jan 11th - NO PLANNING HERE ;)
Jan 12th - NO PLANNING HERE ;)
Jan 13th - Hope that I win couples millions to stay here, otherwise flying back to Canada...

;) Thx to all!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom