NBA Experience at Disney Springs

GimpYancIent

Obviously, the numbers don't support your assertation. There's a point where the additional revenue per guest over a longer stay is less than a new replacement guest.
Agree to the degree the current pricing model and entertainment offerings are short-term thinking to glean as much money as possible from guests. As for extended stays the current thinking is actually driving people to not stay (particularly on property) for longer time frames. The more long-term aficionados / fans / guests leave Disney properties disappointed in their experiences, the more littles that leave Disney properties feeling MEH, the less people feel motivated to return to Disney properties (simply put the WORD gets out and Disney cannot control its spread), the fewer and fewer "new" replacement guests there will be. There are other competitors (entertainment options) out there that are fast becoming more appealing. The bottom line is simple the investors, those money-oriented shareholders, the people that are looking for those juicy dividends are not going to get them and will demand change or will sell to cut their losses.

scottb411

They should turn it into a Dave and Buster’s type of experience and call it “Litwak’s Family Fun Center and Arcade” that is the name of the arcade in Wreck it Ralph. Leave the basketball slingshots from NBA and gut everything else.

They could also do birthday party rooms with a Wreck It Ralph character dining experience.

Last edited:

Bocabear

A huge interactive exhibit/craft cocktail bar and restaurant themed to the wonderous worlds of the Cirgue Du Soleil...
Like a huge walk-through attraction tied to the lore and theme of the theater next door. It could be amazing, theatrical, beautiful, bizarre and wonderful... all spread out through several floors... It would also increase ticket sales next door as well... It could be a real draw

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A huge interactive exhibit/craft cocktail bar and restaurant themed to the wonderous worlds of the Cirgue Du Soleil...
Like a huge walk-through attraction tied to the lore and theme of the theater next door. It could be amazing, theatrical, beautiful, bizarre and wonderful... all spread out through several floors... It would also increase ticket sales next door as well... It could be a real draw
That's almost like what the Edison was gunning for. Except it's not so much that except on select nights.

Bocabear

I was pretty underwhelmed with the Edison's final format...It could and should have been so much more considering what it was replacing... The night I went was like a "high school chorus girls pretend to be flappers" night... I wasn't expecting edgy burlesque, but was not prepared for how milquetoast the "show" was. That was a couple years ago...Maybe it got better?

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I was pretty underwhelmed with the Edison's final format...It could and should have been so much more considering what it was replacing... The night I went was like a "high school chorus girls pretend to be flappers" night... I wasn't expecting edgy burlesque, but was not prepared for how milquetoast the "show" was. That was a couple years ago...Maybe it got better?
The last time we ate there last February we saw 3 acts that were pretty good. A jazz trio, an aerialist, and a magician.

castlecake2.0

Make it a Walt Disney Archives permanent exhibit along with a small theatre showing previews for new movies coming out. Basically a bigger version of Walt Disney Presents. Make it a perk included with any valid park ticket or small admission fee. Bring Walt’s plane over too and park it in there somewhere/somehow.

Disstevefan1

Make it a Walt Disney Archives permanent exhibit along with a small theatre showing previews for new movies coming out. Basically a bigger version of Walt Disney Presents. Make it a perk included with any valid park ticket or small admission fee. Bring Walt’s plane over too and park it in there somewhere/somehow.
I love the idea! They could sell some merch and themed pastries in there too.
Unfortunately, Disney loves being the landlord. They love to collect rent!!!

jpinkc

I love the idea! They could sell some merch and themed pastries in there too.
Unfortunately, Disney loves being the landlord. They love to collect rent!!!
Yeah if it doesnt have a $$$ signs attached to go to Disney it wont fly. I too also think that would be a great use of the space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom