NBA Experience at Disney Springs

ppete1975

disney needs a museum type place. It could be huge and fill the plus passes while also discounts when needed.
and there would be no reason to close one mans dream. This would be something totally different and with all the technological advances they could push the boundaries with vr and ar. But some of the huge set pieces and artifacts that are too big for one mans dream would fill the space nicely. And with as big as selfies and ig twitter are, theres alot of potential.

Cmdr_Crimson

and there would be no reason to close one mans dream. This would be something totally different and with all the technological advances they could push the boundaries with vr and ar. But some of the huge set pieces and artifacts that are too big for one mans dream would fill the space nicely. And with as big as selfies and ig twitter are, theres alot of potential.
Well, we do know that exhibits can work out there..I bet many don't recall the Diana exhibit in the former Virgin now Splitsviille building..
DIANA-The-Peoples-Princess_Full_7818.jpg

The Colonel

It's already slated for the new NFL Experience

The NFL Experience

Enter through the gap in Michael Strahan’s teeth.

Welcome Zone with Ray Lewis

The double murderer exhibit. OJ and Hernandez fun facts

Ben Rothlisberger – tips for how to pick up the ladies

Self Defense for ladies – Ray Rice

Michael Vick puppy party

Close up photography tricks- Brett Favre

Chill Out Zone- Take a knee with Colin Kaepernick

Firearm safety with Plaxico Buress

How to win friends and influence people – Marshawn Lynch

Finish it all off with The Devil Made Me Do It hosted by Robert Rozier.

Lilofan

Well, we do know that exhibits can work out there..I bet many don't recall the Diana exhibit in the former Virgin now Splitsviille building..
DIANA-The-Peoples-Princess_Full_7818.jpg
Didn't check it out but loved back in the day Virgin where one could listen to CDs wearing headphones on the first floor, on the second floor read books on the couches all for free.

wutisgood

I mean like a museum of Disney history or maybe showing the animation/film process. I know they have sprinklings of things in the parks but it would be nice to have it somewhere more curated and planned.

ppete1975

I mean like a museum of Disney history or maybe showing the animation/film process. I know they have sprinklings of things in the parks but it would be nice to have it somewhere more curated and planned.
and its own thing where you dont have to pay a ticket to the parks.
Hear me out,
if this one in the parks, if you were out of town you wouldnt want to pay the high ticket price to spend all day doing this, youd feel like youd have to rush through it to get to other rides or attractions.
If its outside the park you wouldnt mind to spend all day and pay a lesser ticket just for this. Most people i know leave a flex day before or during the trip where they dont go to the parks and spend the time at the hotel or disney springs,

Bocabear

If only there were a park...one once based on education where you could have a leisurely well curated exhibit....and if the park resembled a World's Fair... where Walt saw some of his greatest successes....hmmmm

Cmdr_Crimson

and its own thing where you dont have to pay a ticket to the parks.
Hear me out,
if this one in the parks, if you were out of town you wouldnt want to pay the high ticket price to spend all day doing this, youd feel like youd have to rush through it to get to other rides or attractions.
If its outside the park you wouldnt mind to spend all day and pay a lesser ticket just for this. Most people i know leave a flex day before or during the trip where they dont go to the parks and spend the time at the hotel or disney springs,
Meanwhile across the street at the WDW corporate offices..
6jk1.jpg

With the way reservations are and living in Chapek's Disney your better off going to Fun Spot instead..

Last edited:

wutisgood

I think a concept like the hamilton exhibition could work here themed to disney history. Something that could streamline the amount of people per hour at premium prices. Call it the imagineering experience and fill it with interactive audio and effects. They could have a limited selection of those that require a magic band or a small exclusive ride and this would print. I think there is demand for something distinctly disney at disney springs that would have mass appeal but be limited enough in cost and capacity that disney could run it for years with the idea that most people only need to go once.

Also they could make this a combo ticket with the show at a discounted rate if they wanted to drive sales and get people to "spend the whole day" at disney springs.

Last edited:

John park hopper

It's already slated for the new NFL Experience

The NFL Experience

Enter through the gap in Michael Strahan’s teeth.

Welcome Zone with Ray Lewis

The double murderer exhibit. OJ and Hernandez fun facts

Ben Rothlisberger – tips for how to pick up the ladies

Self Defense for ladies – Ray Rice

Michael Vick puppy party

Close up photography tricks- Brett Favre

Chill Out Zone- Take a knee with Colin Kaepernick

Firearm safety with Plaxico Buress

How to win friends and influence people – Marshawn Lynch

Finish it all off with The Devil Made Me Do It hosted by Robert Rozier.
Yep ----The National Felon League Experience

wutisgood

Read up on your Walt quotes.... this discussion is the antithesis of his view on parks evolving and not becoming a museum.
Disney springs is not a park. There is a particular place for this kind of thing outside the parks. And it's not like chapek cares anyway. Walt is rolling in his grave right now over chapek being such a pos.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Disney springs is not a park. There is a particular place for this kind of thing outside the parks. And it's not like chapek cares anyway. Walt is rolling in his grave right now over chapek being such a pos.

Well rejoice in cold hard facts:
There isn't sufficient economic incentive to do what's being asked in this thread or it would have been done. After all everyone supposedly knows Chapek is only about the bottom line right ?
Chapek steers the publically traded company known as Disney and answers to the shareholders.

wutisgood

Well rejoice in cold hard facts:
There isn't sufficient economic incentive to do what's being asked in this thread or it would have been done. After all everyone supposedly knows Chapek is only about the bottom line right ?
Chapek steers the publically traded company known as Disney and answers to the shareholders.
There is a specific economic incentive. Disney in orlando is motivated to extend hotel stays by adding wait times or experiences (outside park capacity). This would be a cheap way to add days for many people. This is why the idea is realistic because chapek could sell it to shareholders.

Lilofan

Read up on your Walt quotes.... this discussion is the antithesis of his view on parks evolving and not becoming a museum.
The Walt quote that would never fly with the shareholders and Disney Board is

"We don't make movies to make money. We make money to make more movies."

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
There is a specific economic incentive. Disney in orlando is motivated to extend hotel stays by adding wait times or experiences (outside park capacity). This would be a cheap way to add days for many people. This is why the idea is realistic because chapek could sell it to shareholders.
Obviously, the numbers don't support your assertation. There's a point where the additional revenue per guest over a longer stay is less than a new replacement guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom