NBA Experience at Disney Springs

danlb_2000

Premium Member
wow they flatened it entirely

has anyone seen concept art or plans of whats being built in its place?

are they using the entire plot of land for NBA or will part of it be used for other things?

1521225126002.png

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
13% of the US population say basketball is their favorite sport to watch. About 150k people visit WDW daily. So, among them, close to 20,000 basketball fans are at WDW daily.

Not so niche.

TIL that populous statistics for the nation correlate directly to WDW visitor-ship.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Yeah, you're right, should be a higher percentage...

https://www.espnwwos.com/sports/basketball/

A few spikes throughout the year, got it. Not to mention, if I were competing or training then I would not be doing extracurriculars such as that.

Using that logic, there should also be a football offering, cheerleading, field and track, baseball and anything else they have there.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
A few spikes throughout the year, got it. Not to mention, if I were competing or training then I would not be doing extracurriculars such as that.

Using that logic, there should also be a football offering, cheerleading, field and track, baseball and anything else they have there.

Fine.

Could there be a reason why the basketball fans self-select themselves out of going to WDW? Yes.

Is there? I don't know.

So, prefix what I said with, "Statistically, on average, if there are no self-selecting reasons for opting out..."

Happy?

ppete1975

Seems like good timing. The NBA is getting popular again as a few things have changed
1) not as many European players (for awhile everyone was drafting players no one could pronounce who would either came from overseas teams or went to overseas team. The NBA lost a lot of appeal when players names were GSYNKSNIIJNIN PHILLINOIOMOEPA
2) player popularity is coming back (lots of players that people like) its not the 80s-90s with Jordan bird barkley but hardin Durant westbrook curry are very popular)
3) NFLs protests have really turned a lot of people away from the product and a lot of those fans are now more into the nba.

I think this would have been a disaster 5-10 years ago but might be coming at the right time.
Personally I can see me checking it out, walking around and taking pics.. but I doubt id buy any of the overpriced stuff.

lazyboy97o

Nobody stops advertising when the popularity of their product is slumping and then only resumes it when it somehow picks up steam.

Last edited:

Walt d

NBA City has underperformed for at least a decade. Not so much a "steal" as picking up a smelly old couch from the side of the road before the trashman gets it.
Since mj is gone. I wont be spending any time or money at nba. They need to build a kelly slater wave farm, then i will never leave, that place. Ever! I will even get his omni board that i want. He is buiding one in florida, but have not herd were yet. The world maybe ??

Fe Maiden

We’re big hoop fans (Trust the Process) and we’ll definitely spend time there.

The NBA’s tv ratings are increasing and other sports would kill for the global reach the NBA has.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom