National Treasure.... The Ride???

lownalo

I thought the first movie was pretty good and it got terrible ratings from the critics. I'll judge for myself. FYI my friend Jared is in this movie so I'm really excited to see him on film.

DisneyAnole

From a financial point of view, Indiana Jones is a more "valuable" franchise, so I'm sure Disney would be more interested in tapping into the IJ market. But the other thing about IJ is that it's more about an adventure scenario and exotic locations, whereas National Treasure is about following historical clues. And National Treasure also doesn't have an iconic scene to include like the rolling boulder in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

MeTa

From a financial point of view, Indiana Jones is a more "valuable" franchise, so I'm sure Disney would be more interested in tapping into the IJ market. But the other thing about IJ is that it's more about an adventure scenario and exotic locations, whereas National Treasure is about following historical clues. And National Treasure also doesn't have an iconic scene to include like the rolling boulder in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

But just like other rides the IJ market is getting older and the younger generation probably dont even know who he is. So they would gear towards the IJ of this century....IMO.

DisneyAnole

But just like other rides the IJ market is getting older and the younger generation probably dont even know who he is. So they would gear towards the IJ of this century....IMO.

That's a good point. But with the new IJ coming in May a guaranteed blockbuster--and the previous IJ films being classics--I'd say IJ is still more iconic and a bigger name than National Treasure... But who knows, Disney likes to surprise.

MeTa

Absolutely, not to say that they wouldn't "make" it a hit with the new movie and what not but I was simply stating the fact as of today. Me, personally, would love to see a newer version of the IJ ride in DL. Some new effects and updates. But then again, I was born in 1980 so??

bgraham34

I think the ride would work at the Studios using the same track system from Indy Jones In Cali. It is hard to see anything else working for the movie. But having a set from the movie at the studios would have been cool.

Yoop33

Original Poster
OK why does everyone want ANOTHER Indiana Jones attraction? Last I checked we already have a show at MGM and a ride at DL which I thought was the same ride at Dinosaur at AK. Why would we wanna bring that same thing again? Why not come up with something new? Dont get me wrong, I love the Indiana Jones Series and even have the box set but some of you aren't seeing the point of my idea.... Things are already in place for a National Treasure ride.... unlike IJ. Oh and did I mention having to go through all the "trouble" of getting Lucas' approval (which I am sure wouldn't be a problem anyway).
Hey if they can make room and a themed area for a IJ thrill ride (unlike the one in DL) located in the back of Epoct then I will be all for it, But again, things area already in place for a National Treasure ride .... Oh and I forgot... NT is a DISNEY MOVIE!!! IJ is not. :animwink:

Indiana Jones Trivia!!!
What is Indiana Jones real name?
Where did the name Indiana come from?

Answers will come later unless someone actually knows them. :animwink:

EpcotServo

OK why does everyone want ANOTHER Indiana Jones attraction? Last I checked we already have a show at MGM and a ride at DL which I thought was the same ride at Dinosaur at AK. Why would we wanna bring that same thing again?

Clearly you've never been on Indiana Best Ride Ever Jones Adventure!
:lol:

Oh, Indiana Jones Adventure. Why must you be so great, and SOOO far away?
:brick:

Kristamouse

My vote for National Treasure ride and I love Harrison Ford. In fact in my real life I am Krista Ford, don't tell Mickey.
Indiana was the dog's name, I think Indy's birth name was Francis? I am probally wrong about that one.

Eyorefan

Personally I have never seen NT. I have had different people explain the whole thing to me and it just sounds stupid. So I'm not really all about a ride for a movie I don't even want to see.

However, if they were to bring IJ to the Studios, I would be first in line. I got to ride earlier this year, and I have to say, it is one of the best rides Disney has made in a really long time. The whole experiance was just amazing. I don't get why anyone would not want it in WDW. :shrug:

Champion

My vote for National Treasure ride and I love Harrison Ford. In fact in my real life I am Krista Ford, don't tell Mickey.
Indiana was the dog's name, I think Indy's birth name was Francis? I am probally wrong about that one.

No, Indy's name is Henry.

Which is why his father calls him Junior.

Henry Jones Jr.

Personally I have never seen NT. I have had different people explain the whole thing to me and it just sounds stupid. So I'm not really all about a ride for a movie I don't even want to see.

National Treasure is a fun little action movie. Give it a shot. Don't expect an Oscar winner, because thats not what it is. But if you want to be entertained for 2 hours or so, it will do that.

However, if they were to bring IJ to the Studios, I would be first in line. I got to ride earlier this year, and I have to say, it is one of the best rides Disney has made in a really long time. The whole experiance was just amazing. I don't get why anyone would not want it in WDW.

Because the EMV ride system is terrible. EMVs just bore me to death. They are supposed to be exciting rides, but all they do is herk and jerk. I'd rather have a new ride than another EMV that follows the exact track that Dinosaur does.

Seriously. IJA is light years away from Dinosaur. It's hard to believe they share anything in common.

Indy is better than Dinosaur, sure, but that doesn't mean we need them both. Give us a different, NEW Indy, or National Treasure, or whatever.

Eyorefan

Because the EMV ride system is terrible. EMVs just bore me to death. They are supposed to be exciting rides, but all they do is herk and jerk. I'd rather have a new ride than another EMV that follows the exact track that Dinosaur does.

Indy is better than Dinosaur, sure, but that doesn't mean we need them both. Give us a different, NEW Indy, or National Treasure, or whatever.

Well, I think I can give you the "I don't like the jerky EMV ride system" better than, "We already have that ride system" argument. Really, when you are on POTC are you thinking, "well, this sucks, it's just like IASW, just with pirates!" no. Even if the track layouts are the exact same for both Dinosaur and IJ that isn't something most people think about while they are riding the rides.

However, I can see how all the jerking around and short stops could take away from, rather than add to the over enjoyment of a ride. So in that since I can see wanting a different ride system.

RNRguy

a ride would be neat , but the set , at the studios , like narnia , would be cheesy. all thought narnia was a good movie the set thing was lame!

catinthehat

I also think a National Treasure attraction would be awesome! There is a lot of potential and several different ways they could go with this. In the sequel, they visit cities all over the country and world (London, Paris) and that could be worked in somehow. Plus, this one looks like it has a bit more action than the first, so I think that the ride could be super exciting. I'm throwing the trailer in here so you all can see (if you haven't) so you can judge for yourselves!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBQm-ovrPho&feature=PlayList&p=D266926F9D039023&index=0

darthjohnny

Check it out, apparently Nick Cage is all for this idea too:

Cage begs Disney for 'National Treasure' theme park ride
Malaysia Sun
Tuesday 18th December, 2007
(ANI)

Washington, Dec 18 : 'City Of Angels' star Nicolas Cage wants Disneyland to build a new ride based on the actor's movie franchise National Treasure.

The 43-year-old star is a huge fan of theme parks and has a desire for his own rollercoaster.

Disney produced 'National Treasure' and new sequel 'Book of Secrets' and Cage is hopeful that they will grant him his wish.

"My biggest thrill would be if Disney was so happy with the movie that they gave it a ride," Contactmusic quoted Cage, as saying.

"Because I love amusement parks and I love Disneyland and I would love to see a National Treasure ride. That would be a dream come true for me."

Disney movie Pirates of the Caribbean was based on a ride at the Disney World resort.

http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/f825b92e19df636a/id/310158/cs/1/

That's cool. Maybe with his backing, Disney might actually look into the idea. :D

Maerj

Check it out, apparently Nick Cage is all for this idea too:

http://story.malaysiasun.com/index.php/ct/9/cid/f825b92e19df636a/id/310158/cs/1/

That's cool. Maybe with his backing, Disney might actually look into the idea. :D

Sounds good to me! Although, National Treasure is no ordinary action film, with all of the clues and the historical references. If they do it, I'd like to see a very themed experience that allows you to put together clues to go on adventure. They should make it like no other attraction they have ever done before. If there would be a rollercoaster, it should only be one part of the ride and only if you get the clue that sends you there! A huge building with lots of different experiences. Disney...make it so!

Brian_WDW74

I think they should change the upcoming Kim Possible interactive game at Epcot into a National Treasure interactive game. You'd be able to search World Showcase to find clues. Plus it could tie into the National Treasures exhibit inside the American Adventure. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom