National Treasure.... The Ride???

kucarachi

how could you pass on the most popular movie franchise of all time (Harry Potter) and go with a quirky indiana jones type one that doesnt really have any memorable scenes. Well at least not any that could be a ride. There are way more popular movies that would be a greater fit...Still have yet to see any incredibles or cars rides and i would bet the kitty that they would get first crack at any new rides.

JML42691

how could you pass on the most popular movie franchise of all time (Harry Potter) and go with a quirky indiana jones type one that doesnt really have any memorable scenes. Well at least not any that could be a ride. There are way more popular movies that would be a greater fit...Still have yet to see any incredibles or cars rides and i would bet the kitty that they would get first crack at any new rides.
Well, I think that the fact that Universal has the rights for Harry Potter and is making a section of their park Harry Potter land might just put a damper on Disney building a Harry Potter ride.:hammer:

eroyee

I would like the Indiana Jones ride to come to WDW first. then, yeah, that would be awesome!! Universal has the Harry Potter stuff........

Yoop33

Original Poster
The reason I thought National Treasure would be perfect is because they already have a perfect location at the American Pavilion in Epcot. Anything like an Indiana Jones ride, or The Incredibles or anything else would need a whole new section of a park. Not only is the World Showcase perfect but it would also finally bring a "RIDE" to the back of the park and another reason for people to go explore the WS. I would just like to see something new instead of another Toy Story or Pixar themed attraction. Ugh

Basically it is a perfect match, National Treasure is geared towards the History of America and so is the American Pavilion. What else do you need??

jikobean

Great call Yoop. You dropped the ball a little on the 2nd movie.... but no matter. National Treasure is an original Disney movie and franchise. (Indy Jones.... which I LOVE was not) I too would worry a little about Nick Cage and his potential future reputation. But the first movie was great fun and is in fact a favorite of mine. The American spirit of discovery lives strong within this film and seems to carry on in the second from the trailers. This could become a thrill ride. I am partial to big thrills and always welcome more attractions that get your heart pumping. But they could also do some kind of an adventure walk/ride through where the audience searches for a way to solve the riddle. We too could stand along side the greatest minds in history and hope to understand the clues they have left for us. Imagine standing atop the treasure room and lighting the trench that illuminates the vast treasure below. That would be a sight to behold!

I think it would be fantastic for the next generation dark ride to be more interactive. Buzz and TSM both have gone this direction. But rather than shoot at targets it might work to choose your own adventure sequence. Just brainstorming. And what if the track system is advanced to allow scenes where cars travel in small groups at times and large ones at others? The final scene has all ride vehicles gathering for the finale. Who knows what imagineers can dream up?

WDWFigment

Eh, what do critics know? I think Disney'll take their chances with the public. ;)

Here! Here! :sohappy:

Let us not forget, that it was the critics that immediately stated that Pirates of the Caribbean - Black Pearl - was a complete fiasco, and that it wasn’t until the public refused to let Pirates fail, that they began to acknowledge it. Plus, I always enjoy seeing Disney recreate our favorite celebrities in AA’s. :kiss:

Black Pearl did rather well with critics, especially for a Bruckheimer film. (A better illustration of your point may have been how 2001: A Space Odyssey was universally panned, and now is regarded as one of the best films of all time). Yes, critics can be wrong. Unfortunately, the movie going public doesn't have the best taste, always.

Setting aside the requisite debate about whether it's actually good in the first place, what is so special about this film? You may like it because it's a fun popcorn flick, loaded with entertaining scenes that keep you on the edge of your seat, but I would bet the farm that this will not stand the test of time. It has nothing memorable, and nothing about it that screams classic.

Enough people already complain that the Alien scene in GMR needs to be removed because Alien is no longer memorable. Alien is far superior to National Treasure, and even it did not stand the test of time. The films in GMR shouldn't need to be cycled out because they don't stand the test of time. (That isn't to say GMR shouldn't be updated periodically, it just shouldn't need to be updated to remove films no one's heard of anymore). Casablanca will never become stale, nor will The Wizard of Oz. If National Treasure were inserted into GMR, you might as well rip out all the classics and add all the hot new films (How about a Wild Hogs section?!) and call it the "Contemporary Movie Ride".

Msully

That pavilion already has a great attraction in American Adventure. Instead, what you have here is Liberty Square's first shot at a thrill ride!:sohappy:

Exacltly what i was thinking. Liberty Square could use something other than the Haunted Mansion. I can see it being a thrill ride with no space what so ever. Or a Dark Ride perhaps, similiar to Pirates.

Glasgow

"The Mummy" wasn't an oscar worthy film but I sure enjoyed the ride ... the movie doesn't necessarily dictate the quality of the attraction. I'd love to see another 'adventure' style attraction make it's way into the parks ...

Yoop33

Original Poster
Exacltly what i was thinking. Liberty Square could use something other than the Haunted Mansion. I can see it being a thrill ride with no space what so ever. Or a Dark Ride perhaps, similiar to Pirates.

I was thinking this too but where would they put it? There is the Hall of Presidents which I like and would expect it to remain, and then the restaurant. This doesn't leave much room for anything unless they find a way to stretch the theme back towards the skyride stroller mess and put it there. :shrug:

NewfieFan

I really liked National Treasure and I will be seeing the second one as well.

I think your idea for a ride is a great one. I like the idea of it being in Liberty Square, though. But I have no idea if there's enough room or not. (I'm not one of those people who can go on google earth and tell if there's spare land available or not!) There is certainly a lot of ride possibilties with this one...

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I really liked National Treasure and I will be seeing the second one as well.

I think your idea for a ride is a great one. I like the idea of it being in Liberty Square, though. But I have no idea if there's enough room or not. (I'm not one of those people who can go on google earth and tell if there's spare land available or not!) There is certainly a lot of ride possibilties with this one...

Yes, there is pleanty of room in Liberty Square. Remember, Haunted Mansion is in Liberty Square and there is alot of unused area being sat upon by the former Skyway station that could be converted into an attraction. There would have to be some significant retheming on the Fantasyland side of the area, but it could be done.

LoriMistress

I'm sure if Disney decided to make a National Treasures Attraction, they'll probably make the attraction exactly like the Indiana Jones in DLR, expect just replacing Harrison Ford's head with Nicolas Cage.

walt

That would be a great rollercoaster

Looking at the success of the revenge of the mummy ride at universal studios which was amazing I think it would make an awesome dark roller coaster!

JML42691

Looking at the success of the revenge of the mummy ride at universal studios which was amazing I think it would make an awesome dark roller coaster!
As much as it would be a good coaster, another coaster is not what we need, more variety is needed in the types of rides that Disney brings in, I would personally like to see a Indiana Jones type ride.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
As much as it would be a good coaster, another coaster is not what we need, more variety is needed in the types of rides that Disney brings in, I would personally like to see a Indiana Jones type ride.
Actually, the one park that could use a coaster is EPCOT. Its the only one that does not have one.

chipanddalefan5

i love the movie national treasure and can't wait for the second!, i agree it would make a great coaster, exactly what ws needs on that side of the park :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom