Nasty incident outside Club Cool at Epcot tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clamman73

And people want Small World in Epcot...the hippo's already drunk.
image.jpg

The Empress Lilly

Nope. Wasn't trying to instigate. All I wanted to do is add my positive experience about F&W to the many negative posts.
Welcome to the forum! :)
Don't be put off by the forum dumbasses. We love hearing about your having a fun time with your daughter.

I stopped reading about half way through but I just had to pop in and report my experience. My daughter and I went to F&W in 2014 (five months ago) and loved it. We had a blast and incidentally, we enjoyed several "beverages" and did not witness any incidents at all. In fact, we're returning for the flower and garden festival in 45 days. I will admit there was a definite party atmosphere but I didn't observe any fights, drunkenness, or rudeness. We even paid for the late nights event and had a wonderful time. Maybe not the best atmosphere for small children in the evening but don't let a few isolated incidents scare you away. We are making it a annual trip.

BuzzKillington

Sounds like the local urchins are at it again and this is why Disney keeps raising the price of APs and one day passes. Could you imagine a foreign couple with children beaming with excitement making their way through WS on a Saturday night during F&W?

JoeCamel

Sounds like the local urchins are at it again and this is why Disney keeps raising the price of APs and one day passes. Could you imagine a foreign couple with children beaming with excitement making their way through WS on a Saturday night during F&W?

Say what??? Why would the "incident" have anything to do with current pricing?

Or are you trying to stir the pot?

jakeman

Oh hell no. It is nowhere near Panama City spring break. It's not even in the ballpark.

There is a certain element of these forums that believes that imbibing of any alcoholic beverages is inherently evil… Despite the fact that Walt Disney himself enjoyed his whiskey. Good man that Disney.

Suffice to say it varies I'm element of us to do enjoy imbibing our alcoholic beverages at the Walt Disney World resort yet for the most of us, we know how to behave. Alas you have a lot of outliers.

The original posting that started this thread that was from two or three years ago… And keep in mind all the stories are two or three years old… The gentleman in question wise in navy flight school. He is no longer in the Navy after video of this incident went viral online.

The people at Epcot have gone to long strides in the past several years since these reports first came out. They have made a lot of progress in reducing problems and ensuring the family environment stays somewhat clean.

For example, during last years food and wine festival? You had one option for your size of beer. Of course they raise the price. Similarly they moved the craft beer area to the Odyssey building. Air-conditioned and contained and completely off the beaten path. So you no longer had a plethora of clunks and a college town environment right there in front of world showcase.

So the bosses are aware of what's going on and they've taken steps to try to solve these problems.

I think it's entirely unfair to drag up things from two or three years ago that management has already addressed. Whoever bump to this thread with their first ever post on these forums clearly was trying to instigate and have their own agenda.
Just wanted to quote this to emphasize, as someone who goes every year, I feel this is pretty accurate.

Thanks for the great post @PhotoDave219.

PhotoDave219

Just wanted to quote this to emphasize, as someone who goes every year, I feel this is pretty accurate.

Thanks for the great post @PhotoDave219.

I'm just irritated that this was dragged back up. I also get irritated by the whole "Drunkeytown" jokes.

Clearly some on these forums never went to a P5 football school and seen what big-time binge drinking actually is.

ZachS

At F&W last year we didn't see many drunk people, until the Boyz II Men concert. Then it seemed like everyone was. It was bizarre.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No reasonable person is talking prohibition, But Disney has a real problem with overserving guests during F&W and alcohol fuels incidents like this. I've seen more than one rampaging drunk at EPCOT but a limit of 2-3 drinks per hour I think is reasonable and it's a PERFECT use for the MB.
Really? You are going to dig up a statement from 17 months ago and try the reasonable argument with me?

You obviously were not reading this "in context" as what reasonable person wields a pipe and try to batter people?

You cannot legislate morality, ethics nor personal responsibility. Using the MB to limit a persons alcohol intake is doing just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom