NASCAR 2016

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR is going to do a Xfinity series test at Indianapolis Motorspeedway in October. It for testing out Restrictor plates at the track as a way to slow the xfinity cars down.

I am hope I am wrong about thoughts about this being a bad idea. I saying this for a 2 reasons.
1.) The cup series had a restrictor plate race at New Hampshire Motor Speedway for the fall 2000 race and it was stinker of a race. New Hampshire is a flat like IMS is with the only difference is New Hampshire.

2.) NASCAR used a higher drag package for the cup cars for the 2015 Brickyard 400. That higher drag package was supposed to work very similar like a restrictor plate race at Daytona and Talladega. That package did have the cars draft, but the turns of the track was the issues besides it being very hard to pass even with the ability to draft from another car. That package also flopped at Michigan for the cup cars last year and NASCAR decided not to use the package this year.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
martin-truex-jr_19mrak8gukkc61fy434oyj9nm4.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 400, Chicago

1. Martin Truex Jr.
2. Joey Logano
3. Chase Elliott

wdwfan4ver

It is official that Kasey Kahne still with Hendrick Motorsport through 2018 based on sponsorship announcement today . One of the 5 cars sponsor's Great Clips has announced a 2 year extension with Kasey Kahne/Hendrick

Ty Dillon mentioned on twitter that his 2017 plans are finalized. The catch is they haven't been announced. What I know for sure is Ty Dillon isn't doing full time in the Xfinity series. I am saying that because RCR announced during this weekend that they signed Daniel Hemric to a multi year deal for the Xfinity Series.

Daniel Hemric is a Brad Keselowski Racing truck series driver that doesn't have a win, but was 2nd in points before the chase restarted the points order.

wdwfan4ver

Kurt Busch's ex girlfriend Patricia Driscoll got indicted today. She is now charged with 2 counts of wire fraud, 2 counts of mail fraud, 2 counts of tax invasion, and 1 count of attempts of interfere with administration of internal revenue laws. The ex girlfriend mentioned is the one that caused NASCAR to suspend Kurt Busch in February of 2015 before the domestic assault charge was dropped.

wdwfan4ver

Found out something real ugly. The NASCAR Hall of Fame was of the buildings damaged during the out of control protest in Charlotte. The NASCAR Hall of Fame had exterior Windows broken.

The good news is none of the protesters stole any of the artifacts and didn't going inside to building after breaking the Exterior Window.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
Found out something real ugly. The NASCAR Hall of Fame was of the buildings damaged during the out of control protest in Charlotte. The NASCAR Hall of Fame had exterior Windows broken.

The good news is none of the protesters stole any of the artifacts and didn't going inside to building after breaking the Exterior Window.
Yup, the windows are boarded up and it's still business as usual.

Pam Hates Penguins

What is up with the Sprint Cup Toyotas??? They win all the time now. It's so strange. In 2014, Joe Gibbs Racing only had two wins, then the new models came, and they started winning more in 2015, now in 2016, they are winning almost every single race. Something is up. They are also almost always failing post-race-inspection.

patch553

chuffed for Elliott and jrm
quick question , where does everyone watch the races at wdw, I'm guessing we'll head down to the boardwalk and try see it at the espn bar, failing that we'll head offsite,any help would be great

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
quick question , where does everyone watch the races at wdw, I'm guessing we'll head down to the boardwalk and try see it at the espn bar, failing that we'll head offsite,any help would be great
On property, that's about it. Depending on when you're going, a majority of the upcoming races are on NBC and you can watch them in your room. Personally, I love NASCAR but I'm not giving up WDW time to watch a race. I'll keep checking the Live Leaderboard on nascar.com to keep up on all the action.

wdwfan4ver

I do in my hotel room, but that is only when I take an afternoon break. Afternoon breaks is something I do usually do at WDW unless I have a lunch ADR.

I miss the ending the race since I do ADRS at WDW that has nothing to do with ESPN Club/Bar. I am the type of person who would like to go back inside the park after my 5:00 to 5:30 p.m. ADR meal is done or being at Epcot by 4:15 in the afternoon due to Dinner ADR. Afternoon break isn't caused by NASCAR since I take after breaks every day at WDW. When I go to WDW it's very hot out the time of the year I usually go and the fact I want my bad knees, ankles, and feet be in good shape as possible for the later part of the trip.

For Night races, I don't see the entire race since I would be at a theme park at night.

Last edited:

patch553

we usually come over in feb for speedweeks and split our stays between wdw and Daytona so we get the best of both worlds, next year we'll be coming over in may for the coca cola 600 and allstar race so we'll be changing the usual plan.going to cruise on the dream Monday to Friday then spend the weekend at Caribbean resort(no parks)(hense my original post) before driving up to charlotte fro the races and to try the shop tours before heading back to the world for a week befor flying home to get our Disney fix

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
we usually come over in feb for speedweeks and split our stays between wdw and Daytona so we get the best of both worlds, next year we'll be coming over in may for the coca cola 600 and allstar race so we'll be changing the usual plan.going to cruise on the dream Monday to Friday then spend the weekend at Caribbean resort(no parks)(hense my original post) before driving up to charlotte fro the races and to try the shop tours before heading back to the world for a week befor flying home to get our Disney fix
If you are driving, you can go off property to BW3s.

wdwfan4ver

yeah or hooters we wer thinking, thanks.just hoping junior is back
Dale Junior isn't going to race race rest of this year based on an announcement while I was gone. Jeff Gordon has 1 cup race left after Dover and Alex Bowman doing the rest of the races.

Dale wants to be back racing at the 2017 Daytona 500.

patch553

yeah our trip is for the coke 600 2017,so all being well he'll be healthy and racing again.
that being said I'd like to see bowman have a strong run in the 88 in the mean time. we all know what Gordon can do but even he cant pick the team up this year:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom