Original Poster
635668214063685970-USP-NASCAR--Spongebob-Squarepants-400.1.jpeg

Citizen Soldier 400, Dover

1. Martin Truex Jr.
2. Kyle Busch
3. Chase Elliott

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
With Hurricane Matthew wreaking havoc, Saturday's night race at Charlotte may be postponed until Sunday afternoon.

wdwfan4ver

Ryan Newman resigned with RCR to a multi year deal. I'm guessing this means Ty Dillon will be racing the 95 cup car next year full time with Todd Parrott as the crew chief. Here are the 4 reasons why I am guessing Ty going cup series full time in the 95 car.

1.) Ty has stated that he wants to race full time in the cup series full time in 2017 earlier this year and it seems like that hasn't changed based the indications for Ty Dillon.

2.) I don't see Ty going to Harry Scott Motorsports taking the open seat of Clint Bowyer because that team currently gets equipment from Hendrick Motorsports. I don't see Richard Childress wanting his grandson to race for a cup team that gets Hendrick equipment.

2.) RCR's Xfinity series teams already have 3 full time Xfinity series drivers for 2017 announced for 2017 and Ty wasn't one of them announced. RCR has a total of 4 Xfinity series teams this year, but one of them only focuses on the owner's championship for the Xfinity series.

3.) Right now, Michael Mcdowell and Ty Dillon are sharing the 95 car. Michael's contract is up after this year for the 95 team and the 95 team gets equipment from RCR.

Last edited:

patch553

Ryan Newman resigned with RCR to a multi year deal. I'm guessing this means Ty Dillon will be racing the 95 cup car next year full time with Todd Parrott as the crew chief. Here are the 4 reasons why I am guessing Ty going cup series full time in the 95 car.

1.) Ty has stated that he wants to race full time in the cup series full time in 2017 earlier this year and it seems like that hasn't changed based the indications for Ty Dillon.

2.) I don't see Ty going to Harry Scott Motorsports taking the open seat of Clint Bowyer because that team currently gets equipment from Hendrick Motorsports. I don't see Richard Childress wanting his grandson to race for a cup team that gets Hendrick equipment.

2.) RCR's Xfinity series teams already have 3 full time Xfinity series drivers for 2017 announced for 2017 and Ty wasn't one of them announced. RCR has a total of 4 Xfinity series teams this year, but one of them only focuses on the owner's championship for the Xfinity series.

3.) Right now, Michael Mcdowell and Ty Dillon are sharing the 95 car. Michael's contract is up after this year for the 95 team and the 95 team gets equipment from RCR.
doesn't the 13 have rcr equipment too? how bout ty ending up there?

wdwfan4ver

I take that back Mears is signed thru 2018,
how about a 4th rcr car
I am under the Impression RCR doesn't want a 4th team and there hasn't been any rumors about starting up a 4th team up with Ty as a driver.

I think the organization is looking at from the fact RCR as an organization suffers growing pains/decline when they expand their amount of teams and the organization right now is having problems finishing in the top 5.

patch553

Yeah you're right and I agree, I am suprised that Newman has signed a multiyear deal, but that to me points to menard being ousted in '18 to get ty in at rcr

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR also created an Owner's chase for the truck series and Xfinity series for a team owner to win a championship. There are teams in the Xfinity and the truck series that only operate in those series for winning the Owners Championship, not the driver's championship.

The other thing is during the Xfinity series chase, not having a Xfinity regular win all the xfinity chase races has caused a problem. The only way NASCAR has a driver in the truck series and the Xfinity series to going into the next round besides points is by a regular win a race. By a cup series regular winning a chase race for another series, No chase driver for the Xfinity or the Truck series is able to go to the next round automatically.

I watched the Xfinity race at Kansas. During the race Kyle Larson got into Xfinity chase driver Erik Jones that had Jones lose points. Erik did finish 15th, but he was a top top 5 car when Kyle Larson made his aggressive move. While Kyle Larson did as a cup regular was something that has the potential be enough for Erik not making it to the final 4 at Homestead. Kyle Larson was racing in the Xfinity race because his team owner is going for the Xfinity series owners Championship. The Xfinity series has an owners chase and Kyle's Xfinity series owner Chip Ganassi has 2 cars in that series, but 1 of them isn't focused on the driver points. I am sure that accident that Jones was in gave NASCAR a rude awakening.

wdwfan4ver

There is interesting cup news.

Tammy Baldwin Racing has sold their Charter to Circle Sport Racing and that means that organization has the potential of having 2 cup teams.

This actually affect multiple drivers. There is a rumor that the 95 car goes to Casey Mears and Ty Dillon gets the 13 ride. The 13 ride also gets increased tech support from Childress.

According Jayski's team chart, Casey is signed through the 2018 season. I'm guessing Mears is going to get released from his contract.

wdwfan4ver

There is interesting cup news.

Tammy Baldwin Racing has sold their Charter to Circle Sport Racing and that means that organization has the potential of having 2 cup teams.

This actually affect multiple drivers. There is a rumor that the 95 car goes to Casey Mears and Ty Dillon gets the 13 ride. The 13 ride also gets increased tech support from Childress.

According Jayski's team chart, Casey is signed through the 2018 season. I'm guessing Mears is going to get released from his contract.
There is an update today on this. Circle Sport is still going to be a single car team despite the charter they got from Baldwin. What happened is one the team owners is leaving the organization after this season.

The owner leaving is Joe Falk and is taking a charter with him. Joe is able to do this because of a merger Joe Falk had with the 95 before this season. Before the Merger, the 95 car was a part time team and Joe had the 33 and 40 teams. The 95 team this season used points from the 33 team.

The 13 car may not be going to Ty Dillon at all. The rumor now from jayski is the 95 car is going to Ty and Michael Mcdowell is out of a ride.

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

Cheez-it is leaving Roush after this season and is no longer going to be the sponsor of the Watkin's Glen race.

Here is some potential big News. Jayski is hearing that Greg Biffle is leaving Roush after this season and be a 2nd driver for JTG Daugherty Racing. JTG Daugherty is the organization that fields the 47 team of Aj Allmendinger. I don't know what Roush is going to do.

This news is out of left field. I haven't read any rumors this year of a 2nd JTG Daugherty race team happening for 2017. I know that JTG Daugherty race team has expressed that they want to field 2nd even dating back to 2011 or 2012, but I didn't hear them express sometime during this season.

My take is Greg Biffle isn't a bad choice for a starting a new 2nd team. While Biffle is past his prime, usually starting a 2nd team with a rookie driver isn't a good idea. I point that to back when Aj Allmendigner was a rookie for Red Bull Racing. Red Bull Racing didn't even do a cup race at the time they hired Aj Allmendigner.

JTG Daugherty is a decent cup team that gets Richard Childress Racing Equipment. I think JTG Daughterty Racing is doing this move for a couple reasons if this is true.

1.)They like where the 47 team is and think getting a 2nd team would bring the organization to the next level.
2.) Chevy is losing Stewart-Haas after the season and I think Chevy approached JTG Daugherty for fielding a 2nd team.

wdwfan4ver

NASCAR is having new rules for the xfinity and the truck series next season.

1.) Cup series drivers with 5 or more seasons of experience in that series can't run the final 8 Xfinity and the Truck series races in 2017
2.) Cup series drivers with 5 or more seasons in that series can't run the dash for cash series races in 2017 for the Xfinity series.
3.) Any driver that scores points in the cup series in 2017 can't run the final 8 races for the Xfinity series and Truck series.
4.) Cup series drivers with 5 or more seasons in that series only can do 10 Xfinity series races a season and 7 Truck series races a season.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom