NASCAR 2014

englanddg

One Little Spark...
cars-disney-o.gif

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Why does it have to rain on the biggest race day of the entire season??!! Rain delays happen a lot in the summer months and I'm used to that, but I was hoping for a sunny day for today's race! Oh well, hang in there fellow NASCAR fans.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Guess who fell asleep shortly after 9 p.m. last night and missed the race? UGH! Dang these rain delays!! Now I've got to wait a whole year again to watch "live" the next Daytona 500. Had to Google the results this morning. Congratulations to Junior.

epcotisbest

Daytona 500

1. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
2. Denny Hamlin
3. Jeff Gordon
While I'm not really a Jr. fan, I don't dislike him either. His enthusiasm following the win was fun to see. Not impressed with Austin Dillon. And MW and DW...sometimes I just use the mute button. Danica has lots of detractors...how I wish she would win one, cause my wife likes her so she can't be all bad.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
While I'm not really a Jr. fan, I don't dislike him either. His enthusiasm following the win was fun to see. Not impressed with Austin Dillon. And MW and DW...sometimes I just use the mute button. Danica has lots of detractors...how I wish she would win one, cause my wife likes her so she can't be all bad.
Not a Jr. fan either but the race was worth staying up for.

Brian & Jill

The racing was excellent. I love seeing good three wide racing. I have an opinion about the actual 500 and that is they should move the Great American Race a night race on Saturday just because then you have some flexibility for the fans in case of rain delays.....and the quality of racing is a lot better due to cooler temps and the track has more grip.....but that is my opinion.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The racing was excellent. I love seeing good three wide racing. I have an opinion about the actual 500 and that is they should move the Great American Race a night race on Saturday just because then you have some flexibility for the fans in case of rain delays.....and the quality of racing is a lot better due to cooler temps and the track has more grip.....but that is my opinion.

I agree with your night race suggestion: better track conditions, and also cooler for the spectators, drivers, pit crews, speedway employees, etc. Daytona spent a bundle of money on their track lighting system; you'd think they'd use it more often. :rolleyes:

Brian & Jill

I am an old school Saturday night under the lights racing kinda guy. I know some people will disagree with us about changing the day of the 500 but I think it would really be a good thing for Nascar altogether,from what all my buddies at work are saying is that they agree that it should be on a Saturday night.

MOXOMUMD

Original Poster
It would be business wise too. Say you're a sports bar ("You're a sports bar!") would you like to advertise for people to come out and watch the race on Saturday night or Sunday afternoon? Would more people be willing to try and get tickets if they knew they wouldn't have to take Monday off work?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom