Narcoossee's at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa temporarily closing September 17, 2023

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
@Elizabeth Swann mentioned this on another post, but thought it was worth a new thread.

Narcoossee's will be temporarily closed beginning September 17, 2023 and is currently expected to reopen mid-October.

"We recently introduced an enhanced interior and menu offerings at Narcoossee’s and will be making a few more equipment updates. Beginning September 17, 2023, Narcoossee’s will be unavailable. We expect to reopen by mid-October. During this time, we welcome Guests to consider other dining locations at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa—including the signature dining favorite, Cítricos."

JohnD

Surprising to see it close for another month after such a major refurb. Would be interesting to know exactly what the issue is.
They say "equipment updates". It wouldn't surprise me at all that certain equipment was on order and it hadn't arrived yet until now. Supply chain issues probably. So they re-opened with the existing equipment. But now that the new equipment has arrived, they need to close to swap it out.

My workplace has personal experience. We ordered a courier vehicle more than a year ago. We still haven't received it. For the longest time we were told it was somewhere out in the ocean. Then it arrived at a port in Maryland. Now they can't find it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I have a reservation for tomorrow night. I'm curious as to why they're closing. I'll ask but I won't hold my breath to get an answer.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Surprising to see it close for another month after such a major refurb. Would be interesting to know exactly what the issue is.
The service was atrocious when we were there. Especially the bar. Perhaps they need to optimize some processes with new equipment.

Mizner92

The service was atrocious when we were there. Especially the bar. Perhaps they need to optimize some processes with new equipment.
We’ve dined there several times since reopening. Different servers and sections each time. Nothing short of spectacular service and food. I would rank it toward the top of dining experiences in Disney and in our hometown…which is arguably the best ranked culinary cities in the nation.

monothingie

Premium Member
We’ve dined there several times since reopening. Different servers and sections each time. Nothing short of spectacular service and food. I would rank it toward the top of dining experiences in Disney and in our hometown…which is arguably the best ranked culinary cities in the nation.
🤷‍♂️

Our experience was different. Food was at best mediocre. Not counting V&A which is fantastic, Citricos is the better choice by a country mile at the GF.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We were at GF yesterday, so we went to the Concierge desk to ask about this. We were told that there are a few construction issues (from the recent remodel), that need to be corrected.

aladdin2007

🤷‍♂️

Our experience was different. Food was at best mediocre. Not counting V&A which is fantastic, Citricos is the better choice by a country mile at the GF.
I have yet to try Citricos , it looks really upscale yet still casual and comfortable, going to have to give it a try.

Superman68

🤷‍♂️

I was there last week. The food was mediocre at best, just as you say, and for the prices they charged, what a disappointment. The server was fantastic, but what a let down from the old restaurant it once was.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I was there last week. The food was mediocre at best, just as you say, and for the prices they charged, what a disappointment. The server was fantastic, but what a let down from the old restaurant it once was.
That’s too bad. Perhaps you were on an off night. I’ve eaten there 4 times since their reopening and it has been fantastic all 4 times. Servers are always great, some have been their for decades.

monothingie

Premium Member
I would hope that this change isn't to transition to a pre-fixe menu. At that point you might as well just shutter the doors to the place.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Does anyone know why reservations aren't available at the 60 day mark? Perhaps they just aren't accepting reservations at this time?

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
Reservations are now available at Narcoossee’s for dates beginning tomorrow, October 13 and beyond.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 at 12.47.46 PM.png

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
Narcoossee’s has availability daily through December 20 and then I can't find anything through January 3 (currently 60+3). Seems odd to not find anything even after 9pm a few days into a trip. There plenty availabilty at Citricos. I'll see how things look on Datirdsy when able to book 60+5 for second part of trip.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Narcoossee’s has availability daily through December 20 and then I can't find anything through January 3 (currently 60+3). Seems odd to not find anything even after 9pm a few days into a trip. There plenty availabilty at Citricos. I'll see how things look on Datirdsy when able to book 60+5 for second part of trip.

There is nothing available from Dec 31st - January 16th...I don't know what the heck is going on with that.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
There is nothing available from Dec 31st - January 16th...I don't know what the heck is going on with that.
I’ve noticed my last few trips that they don’t open up the reservation window until roughly 30 days out. Strange but it might have be because they haven’t figured out their final capacity just yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom