Name one Disney attraction you miss so much it hurts

KimoKaneki

Like others have mentioned... Illuminations and original Journey into Imagination. I also miss Lights of Winter at Epcot for the holidays.
At Hollywood Studios I miss the original Backlot Studio Tour and Animation Tour.
At Magic Kingdom I miss the Christmas Country Bears and the Skyway.

KCheatle

For years I said that Soarin' Over California was misplaced in Epcot since the theme of the park is world travel, and it would be the perfect platform to experience world travel. But, I miss Soarin' Over California so, so, so much! I miss the smells and the perfect music pairing. 😩

I miss the old version of Golden Dream in the American Adventure. The new one is just not as good. I used to get so emotional during that song, and the new one just doesn't do it for me.

I miss the original Studio Back Lot Tour. As a kid, it was really cool to see the sets of houses from shows you knew, and to see the costume workers actually working. I wish my kids could have experienced it.

I miss the Golden Horseshoe Revue at Disney World. In fact, I miss all of the shows they used to have around the parks. As a kid, it was great to be able to tuck into the theaters during rain storms to watch some awesome shows, and even eat lunch at some of them. I wish they hadn't done away with so many shows.

bennyw01

Right now its Living with the Land, but I know it'll be there when I get back! things I miss from days gone are all the Future World classic.. what I would give to ride Horizons in the flesh one more time.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I would agree if they could find a way to keep the moldy smell out of it and make it more handicapped accessible.

It let you know you were inside a submarine. Wouldn't have it any other way. Fun scent memory. I have no doubt that if they ever revisit the idea again it'll be accessible to all. Man I miss this attraction. To think what they could do with newer AA tech and projections nowadays. It'd be epic! The shuttle effect used in RotR would be a good starting point for ride type brainstorming. That paired with some practical effects, actual fish, digital bubbles, a Giant Squid/Kraken attack, volcanic eruptions, deep dive fantastical glowing fish, mermaids... it'd be a bonafide hit. Much of Baxter's re-reimagining for Discovery Bay could be used as inspiration for a revival. That and the characters from S.E.A.. It seems so perfect for Disney Animal Kingdom. Jules Verne gets no love in the US parks.

Last edited:

TheX8

I can't name just one.

Epcot: Kitchen Kabaret, Horizons, Journey Into Imagination 1.0, Maelstrom, Cranium Command, O Canada with Martin Short.

MGM (the name too): The Great Movie Ride, The original Backlot Tour, The TV shows filmed there, The Magic of Disney Animation

Magic Kingdom: Mr Toad's Wild Ride, Snow White, Spectromagic, Main Street Electrical Parade, The Timekeeper, Alien Encounter, Pirates of the Caribbean.

rreading

Years ago, JII. When we first went back after becoming an adult, I was horrified by what imagination had become. Not only was the experience a shadow (mockery, even?) of what it had been, even worse was the puerile after show. Coloring in Figment with a hokey computer and outdated interface? Really?!

Horizons and WOM were true losses as well.

I miss the MSEP. A lot. (but mostly I loved having it going on while we were adventuring around at night rather than watching the parade)

Wishes though was what really got me hooked on Disney a decade ago. Seeing that again and again with my kids as they grew up was a defining part of my adulthood as much as JII and Horizons were integral to my childhood. Nice that Happily Ever After is so well done, but I will always miss Wishes

RedwinGV

Tapestry of Nations going right into Illuminations! As a kid that was my favorite and was part of the reason why I fell in love with Epcot.
I think we might be in the minority. I still have that 25 minute version song on my phone/comp though. Maybe it's more the memories than the parade, but those drums! And character interactions that I even had with them. They seemed to love giving you some personal acknowledgements. We say them coming right out by UK. Love it!

RedwinGV

Alien Encounter. I remember watching the promos for the new attraction and couldnt wait for the trip to experience it in person. After going through it the first time I remember thinking... WOW, Disney has finally brought something that excites and thrills more than anything Ive ever done in a park. THIS IS GREAT!! I cant remember how many repeat times I had but it was many. When it was shut down I was heartbroken. They simply could/ should have put in better signage with more descriptive warnings and an age limit as they do a height limit to restrict those younger children and parents who couldnt handle it.
Maybe my number two. I do recall it scared the crap out of me. Really creeped my daughter out too. Arguable one of the best dark attractions ever. Rumor had it that Eisner thought it was too scary so they toned it down when it opened.

BigDlover

In that case, I miss Celebrate The Magic.
Me too! That was such a great show. As far as rides go:

1) Mr. Toad (this was my fave ride as a kid bc I didn't do thrill rides so this was "thrilling" to me lol)
2) Soarin Over Cali (I love Around The World but CA was great and I wish they had both, or at least kept the CA version in DCA)

The Colonel

I miss my old home away from home, the greatest Disney attraction ever, The Legendary Adventurers Club.

It still hurts

JIMINYCR

I think we might be in the minority. I still have that 25 minute version song on my phone/comp though. Maybe it's more the memories than the parade, but those drums! And character interactions that I even had with them. They seemed to love giving you some personal acknowledgements. We say them coming right out by UK. Love it!
I truly loved the show and when they gave reasons why it was discontinued I had hoped because it was so popular with guests that Disney would have come up with a similar but less fragile and more CM friendly version. I still tune in to watch guest videos of it online. Maybe with the reworking of EP we can have hope something as special as Tapestry will make an appearance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom