Name changes coming to Magic Kingdom parking lot sections

JustInTime

Awesome. More villains are always welcome.Even if it is a tiny detail. Could this relate to the new interactive game? Isn't that heros vs. villains?

Pioneer Hall

Awesome. More villains are always welcome.Even if it is a tiny detail. Could this relate to the new interactive game? Isn't that heros vs. villains?

Seems possible that it could have something to do with the game since I am sure it will pit good and even in a familiar setting. I think it also helps with differentiation.

We're just getting all the big announcements this week aren't we?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Surely a monetary themed name would be more apt. Like Cash Cow, Mullah Mouse, Dollar Duck, Demon Denaro, Prince Pound, Wicked Wedge.

_Scar

Not bad. I actually kind of like it.

I like that they're using Rapunzel and Mulan too... seems like MK is becoming more and more unique.

devoy1701

End of thread, Pumbas for the win.. LOL...

Eh, it is only a name change for sections of a parking lot... It is fine for what it is...

Just don't get what was wrong with Minne, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy and Bashful. It worked fine the way it was. Dwarves were on the East, Fab 5 (+1) Characters on the West...and the Fab 5 were even paired by Ducks, Dogs, and Mice.

still seems pointless, dumb, and unecessary.

Parking lot renaming to coincide with the upcoming game Evan? c'mon...

MarkTwain

Ehhh, I could see one making an argument that the 7 dwarves are too similar for some people to keep apart. Having completely different characters might make one's spot easier to remember.

PolynesianPrincess

Personally I like the names the way they are... The classic characters. Although as was pointed out, all the Dwarfs might be confusing... I'd like to see the classics stay (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip N Dale, Pluto, Daisy) and then a couple Princesses (Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty.. ) then a couple other ones, maybe villans (Ursula, Jafar, Malficent)... Just IMO, though.

Captain Chaos

Just don't get what was wrong with Minne, Pluto, Donald, Goofy, Daisy, Happy, Sneezy, Grumpy, Dopey, Sleepy and Bashful. It worked fine the way it was. Dwarves were on the East, Fab 5 (+1) Characters on the West...and the Fab 5 were even paired by Ducks, Dogs, and Mice.

still seems pointless, dumb, and unecessary.

Parking lot renaming to coincide with the upcoming game Evan? c'mon...

It is an unnecessary change but one that doesn't affect the overall experience of the Magic Kingdom and WDW... It is only a change of names in a parking lot, not like adding Eddie Murphy into Haunted Mansion... :lookaroun

mightynine

With these changes, I will no longer visit the Magic Kingdom, even though I stay on property and never enter the TTC Parking Lot, it's just another sign of TDO once again showing no respect for tradition. What's next, Avatar characters? You can't even name three of those.

:lookaroun

Ok, serious response: makes sense to me. Distinct names, under a distinct theme and color - giving you three options to still completely forget after a long day, but probably better than "Were we parked in Minnie or Mickey? Which dwarf was on that sign...Dopeful? Bashey?"

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Actually, I think its a plan so they can promote a 5th gate....Heroes and Villains: The Parking Experience.

On a serious note, a bit more of the memories of the past fading away into the past. Something about parking in the Chip or Dale section was fascinating to me as a child.....

devoy1701

With these changes, I will no longer visit the Magic Kingdom, even though I stay on property and never enter the TTC Parking Lot, it's just another sign of TDO once again showing no respect for tradition. What's next, Avatar characters? You can't even name three of those.

:lookaroun

Ok, serious response: makes sense to me. Distinct names, under a distinct theme and color - giving you three options to still completely forget after a long day, but probably better than "Were we parked in Minnie or Mickey? Which dwarf was on that sign...Dopeful? Bashey?"

I don't mind it. Anything that helps people narrow down where their car might be is a good thing.

Ehhh, I could see one making an argument that the 7 dwarves are too similar for some people to keep apart. Having completely different characters might it make one's spot easier to remember.

so after 40 years all the sudden it's too confusing to remember which dwarf parking lot you parked in so we should change the names?

It's just dumb. It wasn't broken...nothing need to be fixed here. Just like this new FB layout... :dazzle:

RSoxNo1

They could change this every day for all I care - if anyone seriously complains about this they have too much time on their hands. If anything it's an upgrade just because it's slightly more organized than Character/Number now it's Character type/Character/Number. If it helps one more person find their car easier than it's good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom