Name changed to Disney's Epcot???

So, they change it to Disney's Epcot. I'm....

• That's it. Enough is enough. Can't they just stop trying to fix things that aren't broken.

Votes: 61 66.3%
  • Cool idea. Kinda catchy. I'm hip with this. (don't pick this option)

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Who gives a flip. As long as they don't change something IMPORTANT... whatever.

Votes: 28 30.4%

• Total voters

JimboJones123

Original Poster
We already have:

Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's California Adventure

Every other non "Magic Kingdom" park has the "Disney's" in it's name. Will Epcot be next?

TigerLily_CM

I don't think so...i wonder if the other parks have Disney in front because they are kind of generic names...I can see a lot of parks with "studios", "Animal" "Adventure" or "Kingdom" in the name. But not another Epcot (no one will make THAT mistake again) :lol:

That being said...doesn't it make more sense to be Disney's Magic Kingdom?

TigerLily_CM

No. You wouldn't name the California park: Disney's Disneyland so I highly doubt MK would change.

I'm not saying it's a good idea...i don't think it is but given my thought process it would be more logical that Disney's Epcot. Also, redundant redundant redundant...Disney's Disneyland that would just be silly and I didn't say they should call it Disney's Walt Disney World which is akin to what you were saying :lol:

SiriusBlack

Bad Idea. Doesn't really matter though. Personally I still call DHS MGM studios or Disney-MGM when I talk about it in everyday real life conversation, so I will just still call "disney's Epcot" Epcot.

The dumb thing about this is that Epcot isn't really Walt's idea for EPCOT(I think I am correct on that?) so saying it is "Disney's Epcot" may give some people the idea that Walt created the design we have today

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Bad Idea. Doesn't really matter though. Personally I still call DHS MGM studios or Disney-MGM when I talk about it in everyday real life conversation, so I will just still call "disney's Epcot" Epcot.

The dumb thing about this is that Epcot isn't really Walt's idea for EPCOT(I think I am correct on that?) so saying it is "Disney's Epcot" may give some people the idea that Walt created the design we have today
So, "Not Quite Disney's Epcot"?

ChrisFL

Premium Member

That's correct, Walt's idea was about 90% different than what we see as Epcot. He wanted a city of the future, not a theme park

JimboJones123

Original Poster
That would be flippin retarded. They don't put "Disney's" in front of it because like the Magic Kingdom, it's one of a kind and everyone knows it's Disney.
Yeah, you wouldn't want guests getting confused between the real Hollywood Studios and Diseny's Hollywood Studios. Or even worse, what if it was noly Animal Kingdom. Guests would see a bird ouside their window at home and wonder if they were in the theme park. Or even worse, would that encourage hunting at AK if they didn't distinguish that it was Disney's Animal Kingdom? KS would be a much more dangerous advenure and guests would finally take the Little Red plot seriously. You make a VERY strong point.

Buzzforprez

Saw the crane coming in tonight. They are putting up a giant Mickey arm and wand with the new name "Disney's Epcot" right over SSE. Sounds like it will be a cool new addition, don't you think? People are gonna love it!

Iknewagirlnamed

Yeah, you wouldn't want guests getting confused between the real Hollywood Studios and Diseny's Hollywood Studios. Or even worse, what if it was noly Animal Kingdom. Guests would see a bird ouside their window at home and wonder if they were in the theme park. Or even worse, would that encourage hunting at AK if they didn't distinguish that it was Disney's Animal Kingdom? KS would be a much more dangerous advenure and guests would finally take the Little Red plot seriously. You make a VERY strong point.

I'm not sure if you were offended by my post or not, but if so it wasn't meant to offend. Just to me, the thought of changing the name to "Disney's Epcot" is silly. Plus, I have heard that is was Eisner's idea to include "Disneys" in front of all of the names.

JimboJones123

Original Poster
I'm not sure if you were offended by my post or not, but if so it wasn't meant to offend. Just to me, the thought of changing the name to "Disney's Epcot" is silly. Plus, I have heard that is was Eisner's idea to include "Disneys" in front of all of the names.
No, not offended, just being funny. Disney's Hollywood Studios is post Eisner Era.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'd like to say that we don't need another remind that we're at Disney, but there are some people...
"Where's the 'Jaws' ride?"

Fun2BFree

It's that, on a global scale, the names 'Hollywood Studios' and 'Animal Kingdom' aren't synonymous with the parks. To someone here in the UK, Hollywood Studios could just as well be any of the Universal Studios parks or a studio in LA. Animal Kingdom could just as well mean some metaphor for safaris or other ecotourism in Africa, Asia, South America or even Australia.

By putting 'Disney's' in front of the name, it alleviates any doubt. However, not only is there only one 'Epcot', it's become associated with Disney over 25 years without the need for a tag. It's a unique name, plain and simple. 'Magic Kingdom' doesn't need one as it already strongly associates with Disney, even if there may be other companies using the phrase 'magic kingdom' in some regard.

In short, no.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom