na-na-na-na heyy heyy heyy goodbye!

MotoDisney

I love the trip report! Thanks so much for sharing. It gives me a brief look into my favorite vacation spots, especially since we only visit once a year.

Just a little over a month and I'll be there! The suspense is getting to me. It's like being a kid on x-mas morning!

wiikraken

Can someone post a picture of the prisms I cant think of what they where. I only went to Epcot a few times before 2000 and I was only 6 or 7.

EpcotGrl

Can someone post a picture of the prisms I cant think of what they where. I only went to Epcot a few times before 2000 and I was only 6 or 7.

Not the best view, but here it is in '97:
000p1t7z

CrashNet

The prisms will never come back. Each had the universal symbols of each of the attractions, some of which no longer exist. The universal symbols are gone and the statue was sold.

Kinda sad to see the oaks go. I'm quite found of the lights myself. Can't really put those in palm trees.

lilredfoxie

The prisms will never come back. Each had the universal symbols of each of the attractions, some of which no longer exist. The universal symbols are gone and the statue was sold.

Kinda sad to see the oaks go. I'm quite found of the lights myself. Can't really put those in palm trees.

I think youre confusing it with Centorium, the old future world store who's logo had the old attraction logos. Those old glass prisms just had the old 5 ring epcot logo, which is still used here and there in the areas by the Bus Stop and the ticket area. I think there was also a digital sign that displayed that logo.

SirNim

Why did they remove the primsms? Did it have to do with Leave a Legacy?
Likely. But, I've said this before, the prism fountain aged less in 17 years than the LaL stones did in 7 years... :lookaroun And the fountain is really, really bare without some sort of permanent, substantial monument atop it.

tirian

ooh but tirian an OFFICIAL disney representative said all work on SSE would be on the inside and no changes will be made to the exterior :rolleyes:

They also said Disney-MGM Studios will not be getting a new name anytime soon.

:lol:

I remember when those PR blurbs came out. The first thing I though was, "I can't believe they'd lie outright like that!"

Note to Disney's PR department: It's one thing to spin a bad situation; we expect you to do that. It's another thing to deny something that has already been decided* and will occur within weeks of your announcement.

*As Mousermerf has already pointed out, permits for the wand's removal were filed in April.

CrashNet

I think youre confusing it with Centorium, the old future world store who's logo had the old attraction logos. Those old glass prisms just had the old 5 ring epcot logo, which is still used here and there in the areas by the Bus Stop and the ticket area. I think there was also a digital sign that displayed that logo.
Ew...yep...I am...thanks for clearing that up.

goofyfan13

Looking great! Thanks for the update!

As of now it's looking like I'm going to swing over there on Friday. I'll try and get some pictures for you guys with hopefully all the stars off.

wiikraken

I remember now I just wasnt thinking about it.
In my opinion LaL is not the worst thing. The painted "stones" on SSE legs are. Does any one have a shot looking stait on to SSE to see what all the LaL stones look like without a wand?

TheBeatles

When and where was it sold?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom