na-na-na-na heyy heyy heyy goodbye!

WDWTestDummy

Original Poster
its finally almost gone! I was so happy to see good old Spaceship Earth without the wand!:D

Heres the update so far!

img0217ec1.jpg

Enjoy!:sohappy:

heres my favorite pic i took from the trip :D

Shot with Canon PowerShot S5 IS at 2007-08-20

weeeeeeeeee

Shot with Canon PowerShot S5 IS at 2007-08-20

WDWTD
aka
Bryan

tirian

Just think: those oaks in front will be removed soon and replaced with palm trees, just like when Epcot opened.

Tom Morrow

I wish they would remove the darn stars already. You can barely notice the wand structure. With the stars gone, it would look exactly like it used to. And they can't be that hard to take off, can they?

Epcot82Guy

There will be some "getting used to it" time, but I really think this is a good thing. I am surprisingly not as annoyed by the stars as I thought I would be. I don't like them in red, but they aren't as much of an eyesore without Mickey. ha ha

Enigma

Account Suspended
Just think: those oaks in front will be removed soon and replaced with palm trees, just like when Epcot opened.

ooh but tirian an OFFICIAL disney representative said all work on SSE would be on the inside and no changes will be made to the exterior :rolleyes:

They also said Disney-MGM Studios will not be getting a new name anytime soon.

Btw those wierd Leave a legacy tombstone stickers on the legs of SSE need to be removed. They look retarded.

Tom Morrow

^ There was a permit filed a few days ago for the removal of the oak trees.

Also, they confirmed that the Studios would not be renamed Disney-Pixar Studios, not that it would not be renam

the-reason14

wow, thanks for the pics. It looks almost naked. I too am going to have to have some getting used to time. Or atleast getting used to the way it used to look.

tn1999

The trees in front of SSE (near strollers on the East and Legacy on the West) are NOT Oak trees. They are Jacquardia (spelling?) trees. I personally think they are horribly ugly, not the best landscaping tree, and they have annoying little seed pods that are ugly and hang around all year long - while even more fall to the ground. BUT they do have some of the most beautiful light purple flowers that bloom in late spring... the color is perfect for Epcot and almost matches the strollers.

ANYWAY I say this because I see people might be getting confused that these trees will be removed and replaced with palms to turn the area back to the way it used to be. However, the permits are talking about removing the Oaks which flank both sides of SSE and are squarish shaped. SSE will now be flanked with palms.

I have (had) a special attachment to those squared Oaks ever since I walking by them for the first time as a teenager. But lately I could care less. The twinkling lights within the trees have come to a state of disrepair and the trees have outgrown the coverage of the lights. The change to palm trees is as much about getting rid of something old and old as it is about bringing in something new and fresh.

teebin

The trees in front of SSE (near strollers on the East and Legacy on the West) are NOT Oak trees. They are Jacquardia (spelling?) trees.

However, the permits are talking about removing the Oaks which flank both sides of SSE and are squarish shaped. SSE will now be flanked with palms.

Right, the lavender flowering trees in front are Jacaranda mimosifolia. I would agree that it is most possibly the square cut oak trees that are being removed.

kennyj29

That looks almost like it used to - Now we have to remove those ugly LAL Barrier and it will actually be beautiful. The entrance to Epcot was one of the most beautiful in the parks, those tank barriers HAVE to be next!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom