Mystery Project at Epcot

Genie of the Lamp

I just listened to the podcast and I do think its a replacement for Imagination. It's something as big as Mystic Manner. The only obvious contender is Imagination.

Interesting how Mystic Manner isn't a Haunted Mansion clone. Maybe they could build one near Tower of Terror in the future and make a haunted land?

I'm glad you listened to the podcast. I did as well. As much as I'd like to agree with your say on the Imagination replacement taking place, I simply just don't see it happening here. He only briefly mentioned it in the interview and it didn't seem he was all that excited/into Imagination enough to say to me an Imagination overhaul is coming. Which is why I believe you'll either see an Captain EO/magic eye theater film replacement or a Soarin film replacement with the more likely one being the former. As Spirit said on page 5 post#89: "This could very easily be a movie swap-out that Disney PR will spin as the biggest thing since sliced bread ... or the iPhone." Yes, Jerry is praising this project as bigger than Mystic Manor but he should be praising/holding high expectations for any project he does. I hope your right though. Isn't Mystic Manor using a trackless ride system?

ctxak98

MM would be a great fit in AK, but they have an agreement that it won't be cloned for another Disney park until 5 years after it opens.
really? A park about animals and we put in a mansion ride? I think adventureland if anything would be the best fit!

PeterAlt

I'm glad you listened to the podcast. I did as well. As much as I'd like to agree with your say on the Imagination replacement taking place, I simply just don't see it happening here. He only briefly mentioned it in the interview and it didn't seem he was all that excited/into Imagination enough to say to me an Imagination overhaul is coming. Which is why I believe you'll either see an Captain EO/magic eye theater film replacement or a Soarin film replacement with the more likely one being the former. As Spirit said on page 5 post#89: "This could very easily be a movie swap-out that Disney PR will spin as the biggest thing since sliced bread ... or the iPhone." Yes, Jerry is praising this project as bigger than Mystic Manor but he should be praising/holding high expectations for any project he does. I hope your right though. Isn't Mystic Manor using a trackless ride system?
He put this project on equal footing as Mystic Manner (Mystic Manner being the old Mystery project). It's for 2015, so it's no film, which they could ready by 2014. That leaves either the WOL pavilion, Imagination, or a new country. My bet is on Imagination, since it most needs it. Also explains the recent visits by Baxter before he retired and other execs.

ctxak98

The ride is centered around a monkey in the rain forest... Yeah, that fits AK. And you would want another mansion ride in MK? I think they have one already... A pretty nice one, too.
This still doesn't seem right for Animal Kingdom! IMO. I will have to wait for the attraction to actually open so I can see it but from what I have watched and looked at , It seems more human involved and not having much to do with nature! I mean where would it go? It doesn't really fit into asia so you would have to almost make a whole new land for it! again just my opinion but I respect yours as well!

Prototype82

World Showcase is far from family friendly. The films are boring to most children and young adults. This leaves meet and greets for the kids and that's about it for World Showcase. I'm not counting the kid cot stations because that's a poor excuse for an exhibit.
Doesn't mean you have to ruin pavilions by representing the entire cultural heritage of a nation by the face of a cartoon character. Build other side attractions, relevant thrills, etc. But don't destroy the dignity that WS still has. I've been captivated by Epcot since I was young, but I guess I wasn't like most kids. Hell, my 11 year old cousin would get giddy as she "visited different countries".

FabulousFigment

I loved WS, even as a child. My parents justified taking me out of school by the fact that I always learned a ton back there. We used to watch all the shows and try out new foods. Loved it then & still do. My DD2 still talks about the "stretchie girls" in China so hopefully we are passing the interest on to a new generation

celluloid

I guess....But I just personally disagree on the whole Humor is gone. I mean why would people today still laugh at comedy from way back in the 30's with Katherine Hepburn or Cary Grant. Comedy is timeless and its done tastefully in ellends energy adenture IMO. I like the idea of its being redone but I just don't see how it lost charm overtime!? maybe its just me!

I am not denying timeless comedy. There is definitely humor to be found in the writing for the attraction but it is difficult to base a theme park attraction (especially one that is a half hour long) majorly on laughs when it lacks on other areas. For the record I love movies like Bringing up Baby with the two you mentioned. Charm is not solely in writing. It is lost when special effects go missing, when things that should of been added or maintained were not and the wow factor is not there in comparison anymore. I am not dissing on the comedy writing for a theme park attraction. Truth be told they did a really good job on it. I always enjoyed Ellen's Energy Adventure when much of the attraction was still in ship shape. Not the case anymore.

RSoxNo1

Yeah, that's right this time. If you go towards the very end of the episode (about 90-95% through; closer to 95%) you'll hear him talk about how he just finished his meeting with TDO/WDW execs about the mystery project for EPCOT.
I'll listen tonight. I've been given some info on this, but unfortunately have to keep quiet for the time being. I wouldn't get too excited though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom