Mystery of DHS Pixar Place "bridge" solved!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think this is some great detective work! Good eye!

And I think your assumption of this being a precursor to a Monsters Inc ride is right on.

But what is with the hatred of Pixar attractions moving into the parks????

I would rather have more pixar attractions attracting new, younger generations, than a park that refuses to let go of the past, and potentially threatening its attendance.

I love Mickey and classic Disney, and anyone who reads this sight should do their part to make sure it never goes away. But I don't want to sacrifice the parks popularity for new generations just to savor the past.

I love Mickey, but I love the idea of "keep moving forward" with what is popular.
The Pixar hatred is pretty common around these parts. I understand the reasoning behind it but don't subscribe to it.

krankenstein

Someone else noticed this when Monsters Inc. came on ABC. I kind of wish we would get a ride based on something besides Monsters Inc. We already have The Laugh Floor, so many other movies deserve rides. But, it is what it is.

GrumpyFan

Great spot!

I have to wonder though if that structure can be found in other Pixar movies. Or, if there is a real world inspiration for it somewhere?

I understand why they're using Pixar movies, they're popular with younger kids. But, I think I share everybody else's concern that they're getting close to overdoing it. But then, Disney's own animation hasn't turned out anything but bombs in the last several years, so that doesn't leave much for Imagineering to work with.

Great eye! I, too, am certain this is no accident. The immense amount of detail that went into the rest of Pixar place (Imagineers have spoken about finding the right color bricks to replicate the Pixar architecture) just ensures that this is not a coincidence.

theverynk

So, now I know what MMR was / is - where / when / how has anyoe ever said the GMR is being removed? Ok, so it's not the most thriling ride in the world, but I think it's a long time off before they close it, surely?
GMR is almost the heart of what the whole DHS thing is about.

Is anyone else here really confused by this, or just me? Lol!
Maybe I'll get a coffee and come back...

Wow i never noticed that, only thought of how it looked familiar and now i know why! So SS1 is going to be turned into a Monster Inc ride in the future? That would be awesome! Isn't Backlot going out too? Are they going to use that space also? This is all so interesting.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Wow i never noticed that, only thought of how it looked familiar and now i know why! So SS1 is going to be turned into a Monster Inc ride in the future? That would be awesome! Isn't Backlot going out too? Are they going to use that space also? This is all so interesting.
That is the rumor.

ms7479a

I think this is some great detective work! Good eye!

And I think your assumption of this being a precursor to a Monsters Inc ride is right on.

But what is with the hatred of Pixar attractions moving into the parks????

I would rather have more pixar attractions attracting new, younger generations, than a park that refuses to let go of the past, and potentially threatening its attendance.

I love Mickey and classic Disney, and anyone who reads this sight should do their part to make sure it never goes away. But I don't want to sacrifice the parks popularity for new generations just to savor the past.

I love Mickey, but I love the idea of "keep moving forward" with what is popular.

Very well put. I agree with you completely. I also think that people tend to forget that Pixar is part of Disney. Its not like the parks are being invaded by some outside force.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Very well put. I agree with you completely. I also think that people tend to forget that Pixar is part of Disney. Its not like the parks are being invaded by some outside force.
The hate spawns from the time when Pixar was more of a hired gun for Disney and not really part of the company.

WickedQueen22

In risk of being completely off topic... In Monsters Inc. when Boo is shoving her toys in Sully's arms she hands him Jesse from TS2 and Nemo. Our family also rewatched this over the weekend and thats what we picked up.

plutoismyhero

That is also another rumor i have heard on this site, that HISTK set will become BL set in the future which would make sense. The observation of the bridge is awesome i never ever would of saw that. I for one am excited if any monsters inc. ride goes into PP it would be good for the studios, but after monsters inc. then what i would love to see a wall-e ride maybe even another toy story ride just make it different then TSM. but that is a very very big maybe almost an absolute no, but who knows

kcw

:sohappy: exactly.... if the parks can't keep up with what the new generation knows, then they will lose interest in coming. I think Horace and Clarabelle are cute and all, but can you imagine if the park was full off attractions built off of the old cartoons/shorts like that? My parents would love it, but me? not so much. To the kids right now, Cars, Incredibles, Monsters, Toy Story, Nemo, etc are Disney. They're not making a Disney vs. Pixar distinction, nor should they. They go to Disneyland or Disney World to see Disney characters, and they expect to find Mickey, Mr. Incredible, Cinderella, Woody, Pluto, Eeyore, and Sulley....all one big group of Disney characters.

And while I'd love a B&B ride like someone mentioned, I don't see it appealing to a big crowd- I think your male crowd is pretty much out. With the way the princess line is marketed, I can see most people assuming a B&B ride would be focused on Belle and "princessey" stuff....even if it wasn't.

Disney's own animation hasn't turned out anything but bombs in the last several years, so that doesn't leave much for Imagineering to work with.

Bingo! Raise your hand if you're dying to see a Beverly Hills Chihuahua ride??? :lookaroun Exactly.

The most cost-effective move for Disney would be to install the Mike & Sulley ride from DCA instead of a totally new attraction.

They should also completely change the "Honey I Shrunk" playground, and make it into the Bug's Life area like California Adventure.

I sure hope not. Taking attractions from an only so-so park and putting them into another park that's just barely starting to get some boost....??? That would be ridiculous. In fact, isn't Bugs Life getting removed from DCA during the make-over? I surely hope Disney wouldn't be that stupid. And while taking the Mike & Sulley ride might be cost-effective, I'd be pretty disappointed....the only good part of that ride is when Roz talks to you at the end (and only because I went once with my ex, and she asked him if we were married....it was fun to watch him squirm! :lol:)

WildLodgeFan

Bingo! Raise your hand if you're dying to see a Beverly Hills Chihuahua ride??? :lookaroun Exactly.

Hmm, hate to be a stickler, but that's live action vs. animation. :lookaroun Perhaps the new Bolt film will add some new life to the Disney animation group. The Buzz from ComicCon sounded promising.

Personally I wish they would use a "Meet the Robinsons" theme at Innoventions at Epcot, since it's about inventions and moving forward which is one of the company's main themes today. I actually really enjoyed that movie, I never understood why it didn't take off. One of my funniest laugh out scenes everytime I watch it is the meal scene where they do the funny homage to Chinese Kung Fu films!

the-reason14

I dont really have any problems with all the pixar rides/attractions coming in. I do have a problem with using the same movie as a ride/attraction. We have 2 rides inspired by toy story, and 2 attractions inspired by nemo, and 1 inspired by monsters inc. Why not try and use a different pixar movie for a change, because there are several others. Im not really against a monsters ride, its just that they already have a very bad and crappy, imo, representation of the movie in the mk in a land where they dont fit at all. If they got rid of that mess in TL and used that space for something much better, than a monsters ride at mgm wouldnt be so much overkill in my eyes.

Also, mostly all the pixar rides that they have are screenbased. Excluding the nemo show and the space ranger spin. Thats only good for so long.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom