Mystery of DHS Pixar Place "bridge" solved!

plutoismyhero

I dont really have any problems with all the pixar rides/attractions coming in. I do have a problem with using the same movie as a ride/attraction. We have 2 rides inspired by toy story, and 2 attractions inspired by nemo, and 1 inspired by monsters inc. Why not try and use a different pixar movie for a change, because there are several others. Im not really against a monsters ride, its just that they already have a very bad and crappy, imo, representation of the movie in the mk in a land where they dont fit at all. If they got rid of that mess in TL and used that space for something much better, than a monsters ride at mgm wouldnt be so much overkill in my eyes.

Also, mostly all the pixar rides that they have are screenbased. Excluding the nemo show and the space ranger spin. Thats only good for so long.
I understand where you are coming from. I think cars would be a good addition and maybe wall-e or i have even heard alot of people on this site mention that they would like an incredibles ride. I have never seen the movie so i dont know what it would consist of but it is a good idea none the less

crlachepinochet

Does anyone think that since MI was made by people at Pixar who were working at the Pixar campus and Pixar Place kinda looks like the Pixar campus, the animators just put a little of their real-life surroundings into Monstropolis? I know it's not an exciting answer, but...

jonnyc

That was a great spot.

I can't see them bringing the DCA MI ride to DHS, due to us already having the Laugh Floor.

WDWSEARCHER

Sound Stage Question

I think I'm getting the sound stage numbers mixed up. Someone help me.
Tell us again what is in each studio. Walt's tribute and Narnia are in SS4 right? Toy Story Mania in SS2??
Thanks!

tinkerblonde11

Well I'm not sure about the SSs, but great eye to spot these things. They are probably setting the scene for the MI roller-coaster. I heard a CM say, when I was just there a few days ago, that the new coaster is definite and that they will be replacing the Backlot Tour with it.

BuzzedLightyear

Architecturally it makes sense, I could see the eye in the window and other themed features like TSM has...it's a better fit than cars. Ratatouille could make sense from a design aesthetic also!

On a slightly different note, does anyone else think the Indiana Jones ride from Disney Land should find a home at DS too? That is the most incredible ride, and would breathe a lot of life into this kind of tame park. Do you think there is any space, and if so, any hope for this kind of addition?

Disneyfan1981

Wow...if all this stuff really goes through MGM Studios will really be no more since a tons of it will be removed and replaced.....exciting though.

kingdaniel97

I saw someone say that we have 2 Toy Story rides... we have one... Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, despite popular belief is not Toy Story but is based off of the short lived "Buzz Lightyear of Space Command" series... I know it's the same character but the LGM's in the show didn't worship the claw and Zurg wasn't a panzy. You can tell because at the exit there's Zurg in a cell with Booster(the fat red dude) smiling next to him. Just thought that was fairly important to note as the movies were Pixar, the show was Disney. As per the comments about Disney movies "not taking off" we haven't seen many great live action flicks coming out out of Disney's doors recently but we've got Bolt, Meet the Robinsons, Dinosaur and others coming out of the animated department. Also, I feel like it's not so much hostility twords Pixar as it is twords what Pixar is doing to the parks... I was peeved when The Seas was turned into The Seas With Nemo and Friends.... you've got no idea how dead set i was a against it especially since unless you wanna go through the back door you've gotta sit on a 5 minute ride to get to the place. Which some people don't even think of. MGM(now DHS) was made to celebrate the movies and the magic behind them. The Great Movie Ride(while it does need a serious update) seems to be one of the only rides to still embelish that ideal left at the park. backlot has been turned into nothing more then Seaworld with explosives and a chance to tell you to sit you down for 45 minutes so you can look at props and empty sewing machines. It's not who has better movies. It's that the park wasn't made for 7 year olds to bash their heads against the floor till they could go see the Power Rangers(dead franchise) parade. The park was built to commemorate the movies and how they're made. Am I saying that there is no negative feelings from Disney loyalists twords Pixar? Hell no, as far as they're concerned Pixar is foreign territory. I think MILF is cute... do I think that with Pixar Place a year off that they couldn't have filled the space with something better? No, in fact I'd want MILF to move right now and to get a better attraction that fits better with the theme if I thought it'd be plausible.

RSoxNo1

I view Pixar Place as a positive thing. It seems that this would be the natural location for all Pixar based rides (Although I see the prospect of several rides loosely fitting thematically into Tomorrowland). People have been clamoring for years that Pixar has been taking over the parks, but if future Pixar attractions are limited to those two locations than I feel the complaints should lessen.

For me personally, I don't mine the Pixar attractions, as long as the attractions themselves are entertaining. Lilo and Stitch wasn't a Pixar movie, but the attraction isn't popular because it's not done very well. But across the street, I feel that Monster's Inc Laugh Floor is done well. The source of the characters should be almost irrelevant when gauging an attraction.

NadieMasK2

Is SS1 down near the Coke stand (on the opposite side of the street)? Does anyone have an arial picture to show where things are proposed to be?

wayneway

Great spot!

I have to wonder though if that structure can be found in other Pixar movies. Or, if there is a real world inspiration for it somewhere?

I understand why they're using Pixar movies, they're popular with younger kids. But, I think I share everybody else's concern that they're getting close to overdoing it. But then, Disney's own animation hasn't turned out anything but bombs in the last several years, so that doesn't leave much for Imagineering to work with.

Disney keeps releasing the classics in order for the younger kids to get to know them, i'm pretty sure most younger kids also know Alladin, Mermaid and the Lion King, Disney has not done nearly enough with these films in the parks.

minnie61650

.......I was peeved when The Seas was turned into The Seas With Nemo and Friends.... you've got no idea how dead set i was a against it especially since unless you wanna go through the back door you've gotta sit on a 5 minute ride to get to the place.

Perhaps you did not visit the Living Seas during the late 1980's - 2001 .
Back then before you could into "the place" (Seabase Alpha)......
you walked into the enterance,(condensed by me but taken from my 1986 Birnbaums WDW book) next as part of the intro about the Living Seas a 2 and a half minute multimedia presentation that saluted the pioneers of ocean reasearch was shown. the show also featured a 7 minute film about the seas critical role in energy,minerals and protein.
Then the guests were led to the "hydrolaters", They were really elevators designed to make guests feel like they were diving deep under the sea. Actually the guests in these "hydrolaters" were desending a total of 2 inches... That is correct 2 inches.
Then guests stepped out of the hydrolator and boarded ride vehicles that took them on the Carribean Coral reef ride ...
---------------------------------------------------
The Carribean Coarl Reef ride was disassembled shortly after 9/11.
The rumors were it was dismateled because of Security issues.

The new Nemo ride basically follows the same path as the old Carribean Coral Reef ride followed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom