myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

Jody Harris

Looong-time lurker.

I am staying at Pop starting on October 20th. After 2 weeks of checking Fastpass+ availability on mydisneyexperience, last night it allowed me to make Fastpass+ reservations.

A few things:
1) no fantasmic, illuminations, or wishes special viewing areas offered as part of fastpass+
2) no bonus 4th fastpass+ experience at MK
3) magic bands portion of mde.com still wasn't working.

But- mid-October Fastpass+ testing (quasi-roll-out) at at least Pop is happening.
I just did my fastpass for September and I got a fourth bonus for Ariel's ride in MK and also for fantamic in HS. I've seen other people say they have been able to get access to it between 15-20 days before their trip. Just keep checking.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
A few things:
1) no fantasmic, illuminations, or wishes special viewing areas offered as part of fastpass+
2) no bonus 4th fastpass+ experience at MK
3) magic bands portion of mde.com still wasn't working.

I noticed the same things yesterday when I went to make FP+ for our trip in early October. We utilized FP+ at the beginning of this month and received FP+ for Fantasmic and bonus 4th FP+ at MK for both our MK days. Not so this time. And there weren't as many time options to choose from.

Will check again as our trip gets closer, but I suspect the flexibility and bonus FP we enjoyed was a one-time experience.

ReelFun

Just wondering if anyone has heard of when the next round of testing would happen and if anyone traveling in the next 90 days has been contacted to be part of the test yet.
We have 13 days to go. Last week I received a email from Disney asking if we wanted to. Of course I said yes and within 3 days we received our magic bands. We made all our fast Pass+ reservations and everything was on my Disney App on my IPhone as soon as I was done.

jr105

Need some quick opinions....
Would you change your resort to be a part of the FP+ Test?
Planning to 10/25-10/29, with reservations at POFQ. Was thinking of changing to POR, because I read that it was one of the resorts taking part in the test.
Just wondering.

jback93

Need some quick opinions....
Would you change your resort to be a part of the FP+ Test?
Planning to 10/25-10/29, with reservations at POFQ. Was thinking of changing to POR, because I read that it was one of the resorts taking part in the test.
Just wondering.
I switched from POFQ to PORS for our late September trip yesterday to get FP+/Magicband testing. After I hung up the phone and refreshed the MDE webpage a window popped up asking me to customize our magicbands. So, yes PORS is part of the test and will be indefinitely from what I have heard.

Whether you should switch or not is up to you. I recommend reading all the posts regarding positives and negatives. Also, I think if you are a WDW veteren traveler FP+ would be much easier to navigate and plan your trip. If this is your first trip I might wait until they offically release magicbands resort wide. Good Luck!

donaldfan

Staying at Poly Oct 26 - Oct 30. Today it let me start the process of selecting who I wanted to make FP+ selections for and then I got a message that said:

We're Sorry!
close
The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window.

Wonder if I just haven't been selected, or if I will eventually be able to make selections in the next couple of days?

ExtinctJenn

Staying at Poly Oct 26 - Oct 30. Today it let me start the process of selecting who I wanted to make FP+ selections for and then I got a message that said:

We're Sorry!
close
The selected date must be within at least one party member's FastPass+ selection window.

Wonder if I just haven't been selected, or if I will eventually be able to make selections in the next couple of days?
That's the message anyone who isn't in the test is getting when they try to access the FP+ page. When you say "today it let me start the process" etc., do you mean you got an invitation or do you mean you were able to click the link and then that popped up? If it's the latter, you're not yet able to and aren't in the test.

donaldfan

That's the message anyone who isn't in the test is getting when they try to access the FP+ page. When you say "today it let me start the process" etc., do you mean you got an invitation or do you mean you were able to click the link and then that popped up? If it's the latter, you're not yet able to and aren't in the test.

This was different today then prior days when it wouldn't even show that screen were you could select days, so that's why I thought something had changed. I had also read on here that not everyone has received an invite. Our travel companions are arriving one day before us and were able to pick magic band colors today, so fingers crossed that I will get to tomorrow!

Has anyone been able to book FP+ for the last week of October yet??

ExtinctJenn

This was different today then prior days when it wouldn't even show that screen were you could select days, so that's why I thought something had changed. I had also read on here that not everyone has received an invite. Our travel companions are arriving one day before us and were able to pick magic band colors today, so fingers crossed that I will get to tomorrow!
We are going in December and about 50% of the time when I click the link that's what I get (shows calendar then craps out to that message). The other 50% I get the screen that says to do X, Y, Z so when it all goes live later this year you're ready. Sorry! :(

stevehousse

Ya at least more and more resorts are being added to the tests. I hope all stars makes it to the list by November when we go! I really want to utilize te FP+ so I don't have to run around the parks for FP anymore

ExtinctJenn

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...-full-roll-out-nears.htm#.UheSnNWSs4A.twitter

Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas, Disney's Art of Animation Resort, Disney's Beach Club Resort and Villas, Disney's Polynesian Resort and Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside will be joining the existing test resorts which are Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House, Disney's Contemporary Resort, Disney's Pop Century Resort and Disney's Yacht Club Resort.

To take part in the test, guests will need to be arriving at their resort between September 3 and October 31 2013. As with the previous tests, the full range of MyMagic+ features will be available, including 'touch to pay,' 'touch to enter,' FastPass+ and MagicBands.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom