myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

PolynesianPrincess

Make a selection first, even though you can't do it at that particular time. Once you make the selection you can go back and alter the time. I did for just about every selection I made. Its a bit of a pain but it works. Got everything I wanted at the time I wanted.

I just did that. Yes, it IS a pain! lol We got all the times we needed except for the last day. We have to leave MK by 2pm to walk back to the Contemp. Our last FP+ option for Little Mermaid was 1:55-2:55 with no earlier times available. Tht was just a bonus FP though, so no biggie if we can't use it.

JimboJones123

I just did that. Yes, it IS a pain! lol We got all the times we needed except for the last day. We have to leave MK by 2pm to walk back to the Contemp. Our last FP+ option for Little Mermaid was 1:55-2:55 with no earlier times available. Tht was just a bonus FP though, so no biggie if we can't use it.
Don't be too upset, if you are at WDW the week after Labor Day, you will be able to walk on Little Mermaid again and again all morning long that day. It is literally the deadest week of the year. FP+ may take even longer for some attractions than stand by.

PolynesianPrincess

Don't be too upset, if you are at WDW the week after Labor Day, you will be able to walk on Little Mermaid again and again all morning long that day. It is literally the deadest week of the year. FP+ may take even longer for some attractions than stand by.

Yeah, we actually walked on Mermaid twice Memorial Day weekend. One time was during EEMH, but once was in the middle of the day! And that week was pretty busy. We'll be at the parks 9/7 and then again 9/12-15. Crowd calendars don't look too brutal. Definitely no 9's and 10's! :)

ExtinctJenn

Any hope for magic band and fasspass+ for sept at WL.
Take a look through this thread a bit and you'll see which resorts and dates have seen the testing open for them thus far. My personal opinion is that if Sept hasn't opened for you yet, it's not going to based on the number of folks it has opened up for. The key is, ensure your reservations etc. are linked, your travel party is setup and you've done online check-in. Then periodically login to My Disney Experience and click on the FP+ option.

JillMW

Hi all- question about Magic bands: I've heard that during testing you're able to get paper Fast Passes in addition to Fast Pass + Here's my question- we're annual passholders- if we use our magic bands to gain entry to the parks, are our AP cards "live"? In other words, would they work for paper Fast Passes if we didn't use them at entry? I ask because I've read stories about issues people are having with magic bands and FP+ (and yes, being able to "double dip" would be nice, but we're going mid September so I don't really think we'd even need to)

Thanks in advance! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hi all- question about Magic bands: I've heard that during testing you're able to get paper Fast Passes in addition to Fast Pass + Here's my question- we're annual passholders- if we use our magic bands to gain entry to the parks, are our AP cards "live"? In other words, would they work for paper Fast Passes if we didn't use them at entry? I ask because I've read stories about issues people are having with magic bands and FP+ (and yes, being able to "double dip" would be nice, but we're going mid September so I don't really think we'd even need to)

Thanks in advance! I'm a long time lurker, first time poster!
Welcome, Jill!

We were selected for the testing earlier this month and are AP holders. We made our FP+ selections and received MagicBands. Our AP numbers were linked to our MagicBands. (There is a false assumption on these boards that an AP or any ticket media on a KTTW card is not linked to the MagicBand. They are one and the same.) We used our MagicBands for park entry and FP+ entry, but we were also able to insert our APs into the Fastpass machines and receive paper fastpasses (double-dipping). Assume that in September (still a test period) you will likely be able to do the same.

luv

Welcome, Jill!

We were selected for the testing earlier this month and are AP holders. We made our FP+ selections and received MagicBands. Our AP numbers were linked to our MagicBands. (There is a false assumption on these boards that an AP or any ticket media on a KTTW card is not linked to the MagicBand. They are one and the same.) We used our MagicBands for park entry and FP+ entry, but we were also able to insert our APs into the Fastpass machines and receive paper fastpasses (double-dipping). Assume that in September (still a test period) you will likely be able to do the same.
Did you have to tap your AP on the tapstile to activate it so that you could use it for FPs?

JillMW

Welcome, Jill!

THANKS!

Jody Harris

I didn't go thru all the pages yet so I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue but here is what going on. We will be staying at port orleans riverside stating September 7th. 59 days before I was able to do the online checkin. Then on tuesday evening, 18 days before I think, I happen to be in my disney experience app and notice that fastpass + and my magic bands now were present. So I selected them and I was able to make my fastpass selection and I was also able to customize me and my husband bands. Well my mom and aunt are traveling with us as well but under a different reservation. But were not available to get bands. Well this morning I went to see my travel agent and she told me that she didn't know why I was able to select everything because they are normally told if one of their clients are selected for the test. After leaving I get an email from her saying my mom was selected for the testing. Which getting her all set up was a two hour long pain even though my was so simple. Now I'm worried that we won't have them yet my app is still saying our bands will be arriving soon. Has anyone heard if all guest staying after the 3rd are getting bands? Do you think all four of us will have them since our reservations are linked?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I didn't go thru all the pages yet so I'm not sure if anyone else has had this issue but here is what going on. We will be staying at port orleans riverside stating September 7th. 59 days before I was able to do the online checkin. Then on tuesday evening, 18 days before I think, I happen to be in my disney experience app and notice that fastpass + and my magic bands now were present. So I selected them and I was able to make my fastpass selection and I was also able to customize me and my husband bands. Well my mom and aunt are traveling with us as well but under a different reservation. But were not available to get bands. Well this morning I went to see my travel agent and she told me that she didn't know why I was able to select everything because they are normally told if one of their clients are selected for the test. After leaving I get an email from her saying my mom was selected for the testing. Which getting her all set up was a two hour long pain even though my was so simple. Now I'm worried that we won't have them yet my app is still saying our bands will be arriving soon. Has anyone heard if all guest staying after the 3rd are getting bands? Do you think all four of us will have them since our reservations are linked?
Even if you don't have them, all of the features (outside of FP+) are able to be utilized with the RFID cards that are issued.

Also, since they are doing this resort by resort, yes, I do think they will get bands...but, they need to be registered on the website.

Jody Harris

englanddg post: 5672992 said:
Even if you don't have them, all of the features (outside of FP+) are able to be utilized with the RFID cards that are issued.

Also, since they are doing this resort by resort, yes, I do think they will get bands...but, they need to be registered on the website.
Ok, yes eveyone is register and everyone apps are now saying bands are being processed. But when my travel agent called in she even asked and they told her they could be giving them out as souvenirs.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Ok, yes eveyone is register and everyone apps are now saying bands are being processed. But when my travel agent called in she even asked and they told her they could be giving them out as souvenirs.
Um...that doesn't even sound right (that they are giving them out as souvenirs)...

Why not try calling Disney directly? I had great luck asking them band questions when I was chosen for testing.

If the website indicates you have band options, they will be able to help you out, even if you booked through an Agent.

Jody Harris

Um...that doesn't even sound right (that they are giving them out as souvenirs)...

Why not try calling Disney directly? I had great luck asking them band questions when I was chosen for testing.

If the website indicates you have band options, they will be able to help you out, even if you booked through an Agent.
My agent did call a disney rep and that's what the disney rep told her. Which I was like that doesn't sound right. Ok I guess we will wait and see if we get them.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
My agent did call a disney rep and that's what the disney rep told her. Which I was like that doesn't sound right. Ok I guess we will wait and see if we get them.
Seriously, call Disney. They can track your bands and the status.

Like I said, I went down this road already with them (because I wanted to confirm where they were shipping them...)

Tom

Beta Return

Your agent spoke with someone who doesn't know what's going on then. Magic Bands aren't being given out as "souvenirs". They're trialing them as new media. Keep checking the site, but if the status doesn't change, ask your agent to call again, or call yourself. Just my suggestion.

Jody Harris

Your agent spoke with someone who doesn't know what's going on then. Magic Bands aren't being given out as "souvenirs". They're trialing them as new media. Keep checking the site, but if the status doesn't change, ask your agent to call again, or call yourself. Just my suggestion.
Ok thanks! Ill keep checking the status and maybe call monday. Anyone have an idea on how long its been taking to receive the bands.

swelch1976

Looong-time lurker.

I am staying at Pop starting on October 20th. After 2 weeks of checking Fastpass+ availability on mydisneyexperience, last night it allowed me to make Fastpass+ reservations.

A few things:
1) no fantasmic, illuminations, or wishes special viewing areas offered as part of fastpass+
2) no bonus 4th fastpass+ experience at MK
3) magic bands portion of mde.com still wasn't working.

But- mid-October Fastpass+ testing (quasi-roll-out) at at least Pop is happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom