myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

Scottmck66

I'm an AP holder doing split stay at Pop Aug 8 to 13 and again 18th to 21st. 5 nights at Dolphin in between. I have received 2 magic bands. One for each stay at Pop. Today I received an email and UPS MyMagic+ test invitation for my first stay at Pop. I have a few questions. I have a paper AP which I am unable to link to my reservation on MyDisneyExperience (says barcode ID is invalid). As a result of not being able to link the pass I cannot make any fastpass+ selections. Do I need to update my annual pass somehow to make it eligible for this? Also is it necessary to have 2 separate magic bands for each leg of my split stay? Seems like a waste to me. Any help or advice is appreciated. FYI no signature was required for the UPS letter or the magic band package.

Justinj2

Are they seriously sending these out UPS signature required? Or do you just live somewhere they can't/won't drop off? If it's signature required, what a pain. I hate that about DLR packages.
Guess it depends, I receive many UPS shipments that require no signature and they can leave my items by my door. Disney must of requested the Magicband packages to have a signature for mine that is..

cbsav

I'm an AP holder doing split stay at Pop Aug 8 to 13 and again 18th to 21st. 5 nights at Dolphin in between. I have received 2 magic bands. One for each stay at Pop. Today I received an email and UPS MyMagic+ test invitation for my first stay at Pop. I have a few questions. I have a paper AP which I am unable to link to my reservation on MyDisneyExperience (says barcode ID is invalid). As a result of not being able to link the pass I cannot make any fastpass+ selections. Do I need to update my annual pass somehow to make it eligible for this? Also is it necessary to have 2 separate magic bands for each leg of my split stay? Seems like a waste to me. Any help or advice is appreciated. FYI no signature was required for the UPS letter or the magic band package.

I would call the support number to find out. I just got off with them and they were very, very helpful (407-939-7765, option 2).

cbsav

Here is a little more info on the testing coming up for anyone interested:

I just spoke with someone at the MDE IT department regarding my upcoming stay (Aug 21-24 at POP). A little background - I purchased undercover tourist tickets which i will use to upgrade to an AP when I get there. I wanted to find out if I could link those tickets and still be able to upgrade once i got to the park. So I decided to call the MDE IT support and see what they had to say. They said that I could attach the tickets and then be able to upgrade them once i got into the park. HOWEVER, they advised against this since my current reservation is using an AP discount. If i was to attach the UT tickets rather than an AP, it could impact the reservation and/or would be a hassle to pull the UT tickets off and replace with the APs.

The lady I spoke to was very nice and quite knowledgeable (she just finished her own test of FP+), and really seemed to have my best interest at heart. She said that while it would be possible to attach UT tickets and then switch out for APs it would likely be more of a headache than I'd want to deal with as everything is still in testing. She flat out said anything out of the ordinary, such as this, which take more time and she didn't think we'd want to spend the first 30-45 minutes of our trip in guest services trying to sort out any bugs, and then potentially again at the hotel.

She also said that since it is in a limited test most of the FP+ will likely still be available when we got there and for our 3 other days AND we'd still have our AP Pass if we wanted to use traditional FP. You did read the last part correctly, she is 100% certain- and confirmed with two colleagues on the phone as I listened- that everyone testing in August will have some form of non-magic band media (i.e. AP, KTTWC, etc.) that can be used in the traditional FP machines.

Hope this helps!

vinnya1726

I would call the support number to find out. I just got off with them and they were very, very helpful (407-939-7765, option 2).

I am going to cal them tomorrow...I am staying at AKL from the 10-13 of August, but I only the voucher for the AP, which will not be activated till I am their, I am not sure how that is all going to work with this new system. Thank for the research.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I got a call today out of the blue from the "Disney Trip Assistance Office" (or something like that)...

They were calling to confirm that I was participating in MM+, to confirm my band choices, answer any general questions, and confirm my method of delivery.

When I told them I would prefer the bands are shipped to the hotel, they arranged that for me.

Interesting...

DisneyJoe

Are they seriously sending these out UPS signature required? Or do you just live somewhere they can't/won't drop off? If it's signature required, what a pain. I hate that about DLR packages.

DLR packages usually have actual ticket media in them that is extremely difficult to replace, very different from WDW.

AmongMadPeople

DLR packages usually have actual ticket media in them that is extremely difficult to replace, very different from WDW.

I understand why, and that DLR has circumstances unique from WDW that prevent them from handing tickets out upon hotel check-in, but that doesn't mean I can't grumble about it ;) I could see WDW thinking Magic Bands are as sensitive as ticket media, and wanting the signature. Just personally hoping that's not the case.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
I understand why, and that DLR has circumstances unique from WDW that prevent them from handing tickets out upon hotel check-in, but that doesn't mean I can't grumble about it ;) I could see WDW thinking Magic Bands are as sensitive as ticket media, and wanting the signature. Just personally hoping that's not the case.

I know this is a bit off topic, but what are the unique circumstances that impact DLR ticket media? I'm not familiar with their operations so I'm just curious.

bubbles1812

Here is the box it came in. Just about maybe a 10'x5' and about 3'1/2 thick o_O

Tada, there's the beauty:

They have this soft vinyl plastic feel to it as most regular watches have, its actually comfortable, looking forward to it :) about 12 days left!
Anyone else think the large box for two small wristbands seems like a giant waste of money? 10 bucks says the shipping of bands comes to a screeching halt once Disney starts realizing the money it is costing them.

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Anyone else think the large box for two small wristbands seems like a giant waste of money? 10 bucks says the shipping of bands comes to a screeching halt once Disney starts realizing the money it is costing them.

Good point. I wonder if they'll just build it in to the costs of the rooms though, similar to DME. Even still, I agree and at the very least could definitely see them making the package much smaller to save money on materials and shipping.

Lol I didn't think about that, but very true, its huge ._.
The box only contains instructions inside the lid, and a small 1 page paper manual below the bands.
Perhaps people who order to "pick up" at the hotel will get a smaller package? Not sure, maybe its the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom