myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

Cinders Mum

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll sign a deal with MetroPCS to offer you prepaid cell phones upon your arrival for a nominal fee!

Seriously though...wifi shouldn't cost you any data credits on your cell phones...but configuring your phone to connect to wifi only and not roaming data is a bit fun considering all the different models!

Oh I am sure there will be a merchandise opportunity (sorry service provider option) there.
My comment was more in regards to the previous posters comment about overwhelmed/slow/laggy Wifi and the offered solution of using their data plan. ;) Which is absolutely the easy answer for those with a data plan in country, not so much for us Intl guests. :) x

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Oh I am sure there will be a merchandise opportunity (sorry service provider option) there.
My comment was more in regards to the previous posters comment about overwhelmed/slow/laggy Wifi and the offered solution of using their data plan. ;) Which is absolutely the easy answer for those with a data plan in country, not so much for us Intl guests. :) x

Totally got that.

However, I can say that even domestic subscribers have issues with their data at Disney, and even regular cellular coverage, as I've experienced for the past 4 years of trips.

It's certainly not limited to international guests alone...and your issues are even MORE compounded! <grin>

Reade's Dad

Our trip is December 2-6, we are staying on Disney property .. I am assuming the Magic Bands and Fastpass + will be in full operations....does anyone have any idea if we will be notified in some form as to,when we can select our bands and fast passes ? Or do they not notify you? I keep checking the My Disney Experience but it seems still not to,be operating at full mood. It is very sluggish at 6am cst time and I am sure it worsens during peak times. It seems redundant that it has me type in my login and password on each page only to get me nowhere.
Also noticed that in attempting to make TS reservations , just about everything was booked up at 180 days, which I thought was strange for the time period we are going, went same time last year and had no trouble with getting anything we wanted...so I am wondering if with the new Disney experience thing and the fact you are suppose to be able to make dining reservations thru it...if they are not holding reservation times to,be released later when the whole experience is working.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Our trip is December 2-6, we are staying on Disney property .. I am assuming the Magic Bands and Fastpass + will be in full operations....does anyone have any idea if we will be notified in some form as to,when we can select our bands and fast passes ? Or do they not notify you? I keep checking the My Disney Experience but it seems still not to,be operating at full mood. It is very sluggish at 6am cst time and I am sure it worsens during peak times. It seems redundant that it has me type in my login and password on each page only to get me nowhere.
Also noticed that in attempting to make TS reservations , just about everything was booked up at 180 days, which I thought was strange for the time period we are going, went same time last year and had no trouble with getting anything we wanted...so I am wondering if with the new Disney experience thing and the fact you are suppose to be able to make dining reservations thru it...if they are not holding reservation times to,be released later when the whole experience is working.

I wouldn't assume anything at this point. So far they are only running tests at a few resorts every month. There are tests scheduled until at least October right now. The app and website still have major problems too. I would call Disney and see if it's a glitch if the TS are really all booked or not.

Okay, I posted around page 3 saying that I was able to get only 3FP+ (using the website).... for some odd reason, on the app for iPhones I am able to have 4 FP+... resulting in (1) Splash Mountain (2) Pirates of Caribbean (3) Space Mountain (4) Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at Rose Garden Fireworks Viewing Area.

I'm a little confuzzled. I was only allowed 3 to select off the list, and Pirates of the Caribbean was given to me as a "Bonus addition"

Tuvalu

Premium Member
ALSO, you will notice on the Fastpass+ pages and FAQs it states that 4 Fastpass+ attractions can be booked per day in one park, up from the originally stated 3 attractions.

Not in the testing invitation I just received. MK is the only park with a "bonus" FP+, which the system picks for you.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Okay, I posted around page 3 saying that I was able to get only 3FP+ (using the website).... for some odd reason, on the app for iPhones I am able to have 4 FP+... resulting in (1) Splash Mountain (2) Pirates of Caribbean (3) Space Mountain (4) Wishes Nighttime Spectacular at Rose Garden Fireworks Viewing Area.

I'm a little confuzzled. I was only allowed 3 to select off the list, and Pirates of the Caribbean was given to me as a "Bonus addition"

MK has the "bonus" pass. It defaults to Pirates unless you have already selected Pirates then you get Little Mermaid.

LongtimeReader

You mentioned that you could have used regular FP too, but you didn't. How would you be able to? You'd have to use your KttW card, and it would have had to run thru a turnstile to become valid for FPs that day. But since you likely used your MB to enter the park, your KttW would be invalid.

The KTTW card and magicband are one and the same. You can interchange them at will. So if you didn't care for wearing the MagicBand (perhaps at a formal meal or special occasion when it would look ridiculous or if you got tired of having it on) the KTTW card will do exactly the same thing. And...while they still exist...they therefore work in regular FP machines.

Tom

Beta Return
The KTTW card and magicband are one and the same. You can interchange them at will. So if you didn't care for wearing the MagicBand (perhaps at a formal meal or special occasion when it would look ridiculous or if you got tired of having it on) the KTTW card will do exactly the same thing. And...while they still exist...they therefore work in regular FP machines.

Good to know.

I definitely won't be wearing a Magic Band. I cant stand wearing a watch.

lentesta

Premium Member
One of our staff is participating in the August test. Here's a list of the FP+ attraction options she got for all four parks:

MAGIC KINGDOM​
Big Thunder Mountain​
Buzz Lightyear​
Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade​
Dumbo​
It's a Small Small World​
Jungle Cruise​
Mad Tea Party​
Main Street Electrical Parade​
Town Square Mickey Mouse​
Town Square Princesses​
Meet Ariel at her Grotto​
Mickey's PhilharMagic​
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor​
Peter Pan​
Pirates of the Carribean​
Space Mountain​
Splash Mountain​
The Barnstormer​
The Haunted Mansion​
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh​
Tomorrowland Speedway​
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid​
Wishes Fireworks​
EPCOT​
Captain EO​
Journey Into Imagination With Figment​
Living with the Land​
Maelstrom​
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot​
Mission: Space​
Soarin​
Spaceship Earth​
Test Track​
The Seas with Nemo & Friends​
Turtle Talk With Crush​
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS​
Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage​
Disney Junior - Live on Stage​
Fantasmic​
Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular​
Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show​
Muppet Vision 3D​
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster​
Star Tours​
The American Idol Experience​
The Great Movie Ride​
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror​
Toy Story Midway Mania​
Voyage of the Little Mermaid​
ANIMAL KINGDOM​
Dinosaur​
Expedition Everest​
Festival of the Lion King​
Finding Nemo​
It's Tough to be a Bug​
Kali River Rapids​
Kilimanjaro Safaris​
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost​
Primeval Whirl​

durangojim

Interesting to note what's not included:

MAGIC KINGDOM​
Astro Orbiter​
Carousel of Progress​
Country Bear Jamboree​
Enchanted Tales With Belle​
Hall of the Presidents​
Liberty Square Riverboat​
Magic Carpets of Aladdin​
Regal Carrousel​
Stitch's Great Escape​
Swiss Family Treehouse​
Tiki Room​
Tom Sawyer Island​
Tomorrowland Transit Authority​
Walt Disney World Railroad​
EPCOT​
Ellen's Energy Adventure​
Circle Of Life​
Sum of All Thrills​
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS​
Backlot Tour​
Legend of Jack Sparrow​
Magic of Disney Animation​
One Man's Dream​
ANIMAL KINGDOM​
Flights of Wonder​
TriceraTop Spin​

For me, there are a few surprises of attractions that do not offer FP+: Astro Orbiter, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tales With Belle, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Sum of All Thrills, and TriceraTop Spin.

Maybe at MK they've determined they have excess FP+ capacity while Sum of All Thrills is obscure with low capacity. I am most surprised by the apparent exclusion of TriceraTop Spin. It's just about the only pure kiddie ride at DAK.

The one that I miss the most and hope they change by 2014 is the addition of the Rocket Jets, I mean Astro Orbiter!

cslafferty

We will be there Dec. 6-11, and the only ADR I couldn't get that I wanted was for BOG. Got breakfast at CP, CM, lunch at BG, and dinner at Ohana. I hope you were able to get some ADRs by now, as you are well past your 180 day mark. I would try calling instead of going online. Also remember that you can only make FP+ reservations 60 days out, so you still have some time.

RSoxNo1

Can anyone explain what the difference is between My Disney Experience and MyMagic+. I know the app is called My Disney Experience, but it seems that the concepts behind both are being used interchangeably.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Interesting to note what's not included:

MAGIC KINGDOM​
Astro Orbiter​
Carousel of Progress​
Country Bear Jamboree​
Enchanted Tales With Belle​
Hall of the Presidents​
Liberty Square Riverboat​
Magic Carpets of Aladdin​
Regal Carrousel​
Stitch's Great Escape​
Swiss Family Treehouse​
Tiki Room​
Tom Sawyer Island​
Tomorrowland Transit Authority​
Walt Disney World Railroad​
EPCOT​
Ellen's Energy Adventure​
Circle Of Life​
Sum of All Thrills​
HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS​
Backlot Tour​
Legend of Jack Sparrow​
Magic of Disney Animation​
One Man's Dream​
ANIMAL KINGDOM​
Flights of Wonder​
TriceraTop Spin​

For me, there are a few surprises of attractions that do not offer FP+: Astro Orbiter, Country Bear Jamboree, Enchanted Tales With Belle, Magic Carpets of Aladdin, Sum of All Thrills, and TriceraTop Spin.

Maybe at MK they've determined they have excess FP+ capacity while Sum of All Thrills is obscure with low capacity. I am most surprised by the apparent exclusion of TriceraTop Spin. It's just about the only pure kiddie ride at DAK.

Actually, @lentesta's list was incomplete. Here was the list we received for MK:

MK is the only park to offer a "bonus" FP+ in addition to your chosen 3. The offer is for Pirates, unless you have chosen Pirates for a FP+ and then the "bonus" is Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid.

Magic Kingdom FP+ choices:

Small World
Big Thunder Mtn
Buzz Lightyear
Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade (preferred location in front of castle)
Dumbo
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
Main Street Electrical Parade (preferred location in front of castle)
Meet Ariel in her Grotto
Meet Mickey in Town Square
Meet the Princesses in Town Square
Mickey's PhilHarmagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mtn.
Splash Mtn.
Barnstormer
Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Under the Sea - Little Mermaid
Wishes! (preferred viewing location in rose garden)​

ParentsOf4

Can anyone explain what the difference is between My Disney Experience and MyMagic+. I know the app is called My Disney Experience, but it seems that the concepts behind both are being used interchangeably.
MyMagic+ (MM+) is the guest name of the overall NextGen initiative with My Disney Experience being one of its components. From a WDW guest perspective, MM+ has 3 key components:
  • My Disney Experience - This is the updated webpage and new phone app.
  • FastPass+ - This replaces FastPass.
  • MagicBand - This replaces traditional WDW tickets.
People who use the terms interchangeably might not understand the relationship between the components.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom