myMagic+ Upcoming Test(s)

pjammer

So it turns out after selecting your three choices: I did (1) Rock'n'Roller Coaster (2) ToyStory Mania (3) Fantasmic! for Sunday August 4th at Hollywood Studios. (Reason: we did not get a chance to see Fantasmic! last year)

And I was given 4 Options, (A,B,C,D) with different times and orders created. It seems like option A is the "Morning people", option A gave me window to R'n'R at 9am-10am, a window to Indiana Jones at 10:45am-11:45am, and a window to ToyStory Mania at 12:15-1:15pm. (It seems like it has an auto-replace due to my Fantasmic FP+ at 8:25pm, to sum in conclusion, it seems like each option contains only about 4 hour window for your 3-FP+). For example option A is from 9am to 1pm. Option B is from 1:20pm to 5:10pm. Option C and D are closely related from 4:00(or 5:00pm) to 9:00pm. With that said, options A and B were not going to give me Fantasmic, due to its late show time.

This is just data analyzed from one day only, it turns out that Options A and B were not going to give me a FP+ to Fantasmic! while options C and D were going to give me Fantasmic.

It is disappointing because, what if I liked the times offered in option A for R'n'R and ToyStory, but was not given a FP+ to Fantasmic. I guess Option C or D is going to my choice.

Currently I selected R'n'R and ToyStory Mania FP+ later in the evening. Option C: is R'n'R at 5:40p-6:40pm, ToyStory at 7:25-8:25p, and lastly Fantasmic! with a window of 8:25p-8:50pm. Option D is the same as C, but just that it had an earlier FP+ for R'n'R at 4:25p-5:25p.

I will plan this day as maybe going to another park, say Epcot in the morning, or MK or AK, and in the afternoon perhaps get the shuttle back to Hollywood Studios to get my FP+ for those selected times. Perhaps this is easier for me to plan out since I have the parkhopper tickets.

Welcome to the board. If you don't like the times you can adjust them to something else. Also if you change your min and want to do a different park you an cancel the whole set and start over. It should let pick a new park. Also it has been reported on other sites that if you cancel your MK day and pick a new set you will be given a bounce pirates of the carribean FP bringing the MK total to 4.

Dads 2 Boys

And not only the problem of everyone accessing the app at once causing crashes... But the fact that Disney's wifi service as a whole is very poor. Having tens of thousands of people trying to access their system to make multiple changes every minute... Not sure how Disney is going to solve that problem. What they have now certainly isn't enough. And yeah, if the website is any indication of function, itineraries are probably going to be messed up.

And then there is the further question of how they will address if a ride is down. I can't imagine guest satisfaction is going to go up if they just tell heard to screw off and pick a new attraction.

If people were allowed to choose 1 or 2 more for a day at the MK, I would have less of any issue with the thing as a whole. (I am one of those very experience in working the system ;))

In regards to the wifi issues, use your data on your phone instead....problem solved.

Justinj2

I checked MyDisneyExperince today and can no lounger customize my Magicbands and it currently says they are being processed and being shipped to my home shortly. Once I receive them I'll be sure to show some pics!

LongtimeReader

So it turns out after selecting your three choices: I did (1) Rock'n'Roller Coaster (2) ToyStory Mania (3) Fantasmic! for Sunday August 4th at Hollywood Studios. (Reason: we did not get a chance to see Fantasmic! last year)

And I was given 4 Options, (A,B,C,D) with different times and orders created. It seems like option A is the "Morning people", option A gave me window to R'n'R at 9am-10am, a window to Indiana Jones at 10:45am-11:45am, and a window to ToyStory Mania at 12:15-1:15pm. (It seems like it has an auto-replace due to my Fantasmic FP+ at 8:25pm, to sum in conclusion, it seems like each option contains only about 4 hour window for your 3-FP+). For example option A is from 9am to 1pm. Option B is from 1:20pm to 5:10pm. Option C and D are closely related from 4:00(or 5:00pm) to 9:00pm. With that said, options A and B were not going to give me Fantasmic, due to its late show time.

This is just data analyzed from one day only, it turns out that Options A and B were not going to give me a FP+ to Fantasmic! while options C and D were going to give me Fantasmic.

It is disappointing because, what if I liked the times offered in option A for R'n'R and ToyStory, but was not given a FP+ to Fantasmic. I guess Option C or D is going to my choice.

Currently I selected R'n'R and ToyStory Mania FP+ later in the evening. Option C: is R'n'R at 5:40p-6:40pm, ToyStory at 7:25-8:25p, and lastly Fantasmic! with a window of 8:25p-8:50pm. Option D is the same as C, but just that it had an earlier FP+ for R'n'R at 4:25p-5:25p.

I will plan this day as maybe going to another park, say Epcot in the morning, or MK or AK, and in the afternoon perhaps get the shuttle back to Hollywood Studios to get my FP+ for those selected times. Perhaps this is easier for me to plan out since I have the parkhopper tickets.

Just so you know, you can select ANY option A,BC,D and then change the return times or attraction individually as often as you like. So don't sweat the return times they give you, you are free to tinker with them as much as you want.

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, was part of a CM group.

To each his own on the look of them. We all liked them a lot better than any other ID wristband we'd experienced at spas or resorts around the world, and certainly enjoyed it better than having a gift card on a slinky like is common at F&W or the cards on rubber bands at TT.

The hassle of going to an attraction for the FP is gone. We noticed tons of people clogging entrances trying to find their FP before they could go through the FP queue, that would be In the past. If you realize that you're across the park and want to move your return time to later, you can (subject to its availability). I never had to remove my wallet once to get my ticket/room key/credit card, and the transactions (FP or purchase) are almost instantaneous. No swiping, signing, et cetera. We went to the pool, no need to bring our room keys, we just swam in the bands. If we wanted a drink or some snacks while there, we didnt need to bring our wallets to the pool with us at all. No worries about forgetting your key when you run out to the lobby...those kind of things. Small things were noticed to be more convenient by all of us.

We did schedule the FP+ close together. You can schedule them however you want, however. We liked being able to do our must-do's back to back instead of running around at the mercy of the current return time of the FP at the FP distribution machines. Also no need to pay attention to when your next new FP is available. We could use regular FP also, though we didn't.

Hope that helps. Again, it isn't a very earth shattering WOW addition by any stretch, but when you consider that most folks won't know or care how much it cost to implement, it should make for a mostly positive addition... IF they can make the thing reliable. I'm not saying this to ignite the tired argument over whether it was worth the money or not, I'm just here to say that our experience using them was a positive one.

You mentioned that you could have used regular FP too, but you didn't. How would you be able to? You'd have to use your KttW card, and it would have had to run thru a turnstile to become valid for FPs that day. But since you likely used your MB to enter the park, your KttW would be invalid.

pjammer

You mentioned that you could have used regular FP too, but you didn't. How would you be able to? You'd have to use your KttW card, and it would have had to run thru a turnstile to become valid for FPs that day. But since you likely used your MB to enter the park, your KttW would be invalid.

The ticket is virtual. It exists in a computer. If it is used on a MagicBand then it is used on the KTTW card.

cba

I just got a letter from Disney today saying I got accepted to test out the bands and the Fastpass+. Although I haven't registered yet, I probably will today or during the weekend. I'll say what attractions I chose and how everything worked out after I do it.

@DisneyBryan

Original Poster
When
I just got a letter from Disney today saying I got accepted to test out the bands and the Fastpass+. Although I haven't registered yet, I probably will today or during the weekend. I'll say what attractions I chose and how everything worked out after I do it.

When are u going, where are u staying?

ASilmser

Part of the test running July 24-31. We are DVC members staying at BLT. We are doing the Dining plan that week as well. I can confirm most of the reports. It's three FP+ options from one park. The cast member I spoke to on the phone mentioned that they are getting a lot of feedback from park hopping guests about the one park restriction. I think the three FP+ number is probably what they will stick with for there initial roll out, but who knows. That's why they are still Testing, I guess. I'll keep you "posted" about how things go.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I got selected for it for my Aug 2nd - 3rd stay at Contemporary. I got no notifications...it just appeared sometime in the past few days on my My Disney Experience portal site when I logged in.

I called the POFQ front desk today to ask if I would also have Magicbands for the second part of the trip, the desk manager informed me they were doing it at Grand Floridian and Contemporary only during that period.

FigmentsFangirl

Just reading this thread got me wondering when the MagicBands come out exactly and when I can actually get one as a good keepsake, I mean I keep all my keys from every trip, so what is a magicband but another version of the key ? {I still got the one day paper ticket from 6 May 1996!} So this has me wondering, soince I am staying 19-28 August this year. Will we have to get those or can we {according to my parents question} get the card instead ? My qustion is, since we're staying at POR will the MagicBands be ready or no ? Because honestly I want one, but really just to get my AP onto it. roomkey and everything else I like in my pocket thanks.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Just reading this thread got me wondering when the MagicBands come out exactly and when I can actually get one as a good keepsake, I mean I keep all my keys from every trip, so what is a magicband but another version of the key ? {I still got the one day paper ticket from 6 May 1996!} So this has me wondering, soince I am staying 19-28 August this year. Will we have to get those or can we {according to my parents question} get the card instead ? My qustion is, since we're staying at POR will the MagicBands be ready or no ? Because honestly I want one, but really just to get my AP onto it. roomkey and everything else I like in my pocket thanks.

For your dates of travel, I'd say it's a toss up. I won't be getting them (at least what they are saying now) for my POFQ stay from 10 - 19th August...but I WILL be getting them for my stay at Contemporary on 2nd - 3rd August.

To answer your parents question, even once they go live, cards are still an option.

As a side note, you mentioned APs...someone else will have to confirm this, but I believe AP holders are already eligible to migrate to a magicband, so that could be your solution?

MandaM

I usually lurk, but finally have something to add to the conversation!

The testing resorts for August are AKL, CR, POP, and YC. (GF is not testing -- I'm there as part of a split stay with YC and can confirm they're not part of the testing.) It's apparently for most of the month. You can reserve 3 FP+'s at one park per day, with a "surprise" FP+ of POTC showing up fairly frequently at MK, for a total of 4 at MK. Some FP+'s -- Fantasmic, MSEP, Celebrate Dream Come True -- don't show up all the time.

Although CM's have been giving out wildly contradictory information, the most reliable information at this point seems to be that eligible testers will be notified around 17 days prior to departure by email (and possibly by mail as well). However, the system is live to all guests and who are at the participating resorts during the testing period, so they are able to customize their bands and make FP+ reservations before official notification from DIsney.

KTCpiano

for those who have done the magic band test....how do they work for dining plan credits or charging to the room? Do CM's have handheld scanners for these things?

The wait staff in the restaurants have an iPod/iPhone-like device that they bring to the table to scan the band or card, and you have to enter your pin, which you establish when you check in to your resort. Likewise, when you wish to charge to the room, you scan your band or your KTTW, and you are asked to enter your pin. On my trip a few weeks ago, we particularly liked the added security of having to use a pin for your transactions, but my only gripe is that the keypad is incredibly small for my evidently plump fingers.

To clarify, we were NOT among the one of test groups as we were staying at YC, but we took advantage of using the RFID technology in the KTTW where we could or were required to, such as the restaurants. With the exception of Flying Fish, I believe all of the other table service restaurants did a table-side card scan, and all of the quick service restaurants required the entry of the pin.

FigmentsFangirl

For your dates of travel, I'd say it's a toss up. I won't be getting them (at least what they are saying now) for my POFQ stay from 10 - 19th August...but I WILL be getting them for my stay at Contemporary on 2nd - 3rd August.

To answer your parents question, even once they go live, cards are still an option.

As a side note, you mentioned APs...someone else will have to confirm this, but I believe AP holders are already eligible to migrate to a magicband, so that could be your solution?

Yeah, my parents got three APs last November, they expire this november and my parents aren't planning on renewing {they might, but they're not sure yet} I myself want to migrate to a magicband. but just for the AP, I can still use the roomkeycard to get in to the room and charge meals to the room.

Thank you.

And thank you again :)

Cinders Mum

In regards to the wifi issues, use your data on your phone instead....problem solved.

This is the easy solution for Domestic Guests. But for those of us who are International guests, data usage outside of our country is not included in our plan minutes... becomes extremely expensive.
I may have missed it, but has testing included any international guests yet? or still keeping to domestic at the moment?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
This is the easy solution for Domestic Guests. But for those of us who are International guests, data usage outside of our country is not included in our plan minutes... becomes extremely expensive.
I may have missed it, but has testing included any international guests yet? or still keeping to domestic at the moment?

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll sign a deal with MetroPCS to offer you prepaid cell phones upon your arrival for a nominal fee!

Seriously though...wifi shouldn't cost you any data credits on your cell phones...but configuring your phone to connect to wifi only and not roaming data is a bit fun considering all the different models!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom