MyMagic+ testing beginning with limited number of Annual Passholders during the next few weeks

donsullivan

Premium Member
I stand corrected. I just got the email a few minutes ago. I am a Florida Resident, Premier Passholder. This is the first Passholder email I've received in many years.

I'm hoping that this is finally an acknowledgement that they've done such a horrible job of communicating with Passholders about this whole program and will start providing updates. The last communication received was last April when they updated the Passholder pages on the website and made a whole range of commitments that never happened and they never updated.

Last edited:

ABQ

Did you receive the car magnet pictured? This is the first year we've gotten emails and things like the magnet.
I guess we missed the calendar hand-out. Did anyone get one of those this year?
I got the email, yet my girlfriend got the magnet, even though she's only been a passholder since December, while I've had one for years. However, my street address changed and I'm sure I'll never get that updated correctly with WDW, considering it would be something I'd probably have to do through MM+ and should be happy to know they have my email address accurate, never mind my street.

JohnD

Just got this email... Though they call it a Passholder Newsflash, it doesn't actually report anything other than the fact that you can use FP+ kiosks...just like everyone else in the park. :rolleyes:

A special MYMAGIC+ update for Passholders

image_swap

Welcome to our new MyMagic+ Passholder Newsflash series. As you may already know, we are currently in the midst of testing MyMagic+, an exciting new way to take your Walt Disney World visits to a new level. As we continue working to make this the best possible experience for you, we want to keep you up to date. So we've created this series to provide helpful tips, highlight important updates and provide answers to your top questions about what's to come.

Check out our new kiosks.
Right now, we're excited to share the news of our new Disney FastPass+ kiosks that allow access to all of the Disney FastPass+ experiences available in all four Theme Parks (just look for the FastPass+ kiosk signs pictured below). Now you have more than double the experiences to choose from. You get access to FastPass+ experiences such as parade and fireworks viewing areas and more attractions than ever before.

Plus, for the first time ever, you can make all your selections at one time and still have flexibility to make changes throughout your day. And that means more relaxation on your visit because you no longer have to go from attraction to attraction across the Park to pick up individual FASTPASS® tickets.

The kiosks are located in several locations throughout all four Theme Parks. Simply access the kiosk with a touch of your Pass. Then use the touch screen to reserve access to attractions and experiences throughout the Park for that day. You can make three selections per day (in one Park per day) all from one convenient location. And you have the flexibility to change and adjust your selections at other Park kiosks as the day goes on.

Be sure to check it out on your next visit. Got questions? Disney Cast Members are stationed at each kiosk to help you out.

And watch these updates for more information about how and when you'll be able to select Disney FastPass+ experiences in advance of your visit, right from your home or mobile device.
image_swap

Here's what you can do right now.
Link your Pass in My Disney Experience to see special Passholder offers and information—and to get ready for the launch of MyMagic+.

Availability subject to device limitations and features may vary by device or service provider. Message and data rates may apply. Coverage not available everywhere. If you're under 18, get your parents' permission first.

Yep! Just now received the same email. Smart considering there are probably a lot of APs not on this forum (shocking, I know.)

JohnD

The general public tends to embrace new technology slowly but surely, just look at the trends from landline phones to mobile phones, now smartphones. The general public will embrace a technology perceived as beneficial to their daily lives, one that they believe makes their lives (or vacations) easier. The integration of features/access into smartphones with MM+ is a cornerstone of the project, with the MB being the key to unlock access. Look at the massive push Google/Apple are making into mobile payment system, integration of access, Kivo/Kwikset locks/unlocks your door with your smartphone, Nest learns how like to manage your heating and air conditioning, the list goes and on and on. The general public is embracing technologies that make their lives easier, Disney is simply trying (and doing) the same things.

Theme parks the size of WDW tend to look very complex and require a great deal of research, on the outside MM+ looks like it makes decisions, your vacation so easy you will want it available in your day to day life. The simple fact that the website/app, once your base account is built correctly, guides you through a large amount of the research provides a clearly defined path all the way to your vacation.

Those of us that have spent a great deal of time and money over the years are quite used to the parks, the size and scale as well as the crowds and have largely figured out ways to maximize our time and minimize our expense but MM+ upends much of that. On the outset MM+ upends years of methodology with FP and lays out the path to a fantastic Disney vacation for the newbie but makes us now wait in more stand-by lines than we have since 1999. WDW was busier than I have ever seen it this past Christmas, we have visited every Christmas since 2000 and were quite surprised with the crowd levels this year, one of many with little to no new rides but yet the crowds were almost overwhelming to us, to be blunt it was nuts at times. For us the old rules no longer applied, FP was largely gone, FP+ was used as much as possible and did limit the number of rides we rode but our vacations are not defined by how many rides we rode but by how fun we had while in the bubble, even if that meant a few more lines.

I hear you. Going with the folks in early April. My FP+ window opens up next week and I'll have to explain to my parents why I'm making reservations for rides 2 months ahead of time. Sigh...

JohnD

Did you receive the car magnet pictured? This is the first year we've gotten emails and things like the magnet.
I guess we missed the calendar hand-out. Did anyone get one of those this year?

I now have two magnets-- one on the car and one on the refrigerator. I had to update something re: my account and it generated another magnet mailed to me.

jlsHouston

I got my AP and band in August and have had access right through. I do have a new reservation for Feb now, but I could book FP in December prior to booking my next trip.

me too..Got my AP late July, was back on site and given MB's in November for a quick trip and I can book a FP+ for whatever day I want in a 60 day window without holding an active onsite reservation.

asialeigh

Actually, I have experience with this. We went last month and I switched to a smaller wallet from my normal one just for the day. (Didn't need to bring things like my library card to WDW.) Well, I forgot to transfer my RFID AP cards to my new wallet. So we got to Epcot and went to a ticket window to get new tickets. They had a hard time finding us in the system (seriously, it took like 20 minutes) but eventually gave us two new RFID AP cards. She specifically told us the other ones are still active so you can just keep one set in the car or something and one in your wallet. So apparently, at least for now, if you get a reprint of your RFID AP cards, they DO NOT deactivate your old cards.

This is more than likely an exception that was made for you because you didn't lose it, just forgot it else where. I know for a fact this is not the norm.

lazyboy97o

That's twice as many media as I've ever required for any theme park in Orlando. And they still will probably demand to see my license, too. That's three.
If Disney is going to continue to demand seeing licenses they should just go back to associating a picture with the pass. Either physically on the card or as an on-screen visual like when entering Disneyland. I've never been asked for ID at Universal Orlando Resort or SeaWorld and have never been hassled when I just grab another party members' pass. The inability of the new system to recognize discounts, and automatically apply them, is exactly the opposite of the goals of the system but Disney assumes their Annual Passholders will just roll over and do as they are told.

MissM

Thanks for posting that email.

I've not received a single Passholder email for years now and Disney seems fundamentally incapable of resolving the issue. I've spent hours and hours on the phone with them with no change in experience. The last round of it was a little over a year ago surrounding the whole debacle of the Passholder Preview for New Fantasyland. Their answer is, "can't you just get a new email address?"
For YEARS I never got them either. Oh my goodness, I'd email WDW Guest Communication, I'd call the "Passholder" phone number, I'd ask at Guest Services in the parks - nothing. There was no way to signup on the website and no one knew how to get them to send you a Passholder email.

It FINALLY changed when we booked a 1 night stay at BLT a few years ago. I gave an email address for the reservation and THEN I started getting FL resident and Passholder emails. In fact, now I get two; one in Love's email and one in mine. Guess somewhere along the way we signed up for something with his and it got in the system too. I don't know why that's what it took to finally start getting them, but I too spent years only getting the generic emails, not the Passholder ones.

I have never gotten a Passholder email either in all the many years I have had an AP. Are you a FL resident? Cause maybe only FL residents receive the emails.
See above. I don't think it matters about FL resident or not (though I am), I just think they never had a formal signup for it and you just somehow lucked onto the mailing list or not. Maybe with the whole MME/FP+ stuff where you very specifically like your AP to the system will help them consolidate the AP email list better? One can only hope!

This is more than likely an exception that was made for you because you didn't lose it, just forgot it else where. I know for a fact this is not the norm.
Stands to reason though if someone else said they "forgot" their ticket at home that they too would get the same "exception" and thus two pairs of passes.

71jason

Back to the subject of FP+ and the apparent AP test ...

Reports that Mansion at 45 today, Pan at 80. Touring Plans has today pegged as a "6" at MK (which still seems unusually high for late January), but those wait times put it firmly at a "10". Don't see too many factors other than FP+ that could be causing this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom