MyMagic+ test starting today (Aug 2) allowing more FastPass+ selections at the Magic Kingdom

muteki

I'm sure they CAN tell the age of the person associated with the MagicBand. However, I have yet to hear of them capturing an image to place on the MagicBand or associated in their system. So how would they know that the person with the MagicBand is the person who's MagicBand it is?
Again, 2 billion dollars....

dadddio

Though with 2+ billion dollars you would think they would come up with a way to figure out my age from my wristband, just like all the other stuff they already know about me.
Unless their screens are going to pop up an image of your face every single time that they sell you something, they need your ID to make sure that you didn't swap bracelets with someone else.

muteki

Unless their screens are going to pop up an image of your face every single time that they sell you something, they need your ID to make sure that you didn't swap bracelets with someone else.
Which in this day in age, doesn't seem all that complicated.

WDWYankee15

You use a PIN to make purchases

I don't think that having the PIN code would satisfy the legal requirement to check IDs.

If a person were going to hand his/her ID to a minor to purchase booze, he/she would probably give him the PIN code, also.

I agree about purchasing alcohol that you need id. I was just responding regarding making purchases IN GENERAL that you use a pin code to protect against using someone elses MagicBand.

ddrongowski

Has anyone heard of more upcoming test rumors for the month of November at all?
Since you said rumor, sure.... They are going to stop fastpass completely and make everyone use standby only. The test part is everyone will have to walk backwards, and that way it will allow you wifi on your pocket watch to get better vibes.

Sorry I couldn't help myself.:bored:

Grumpy21

Though with 2+ billion dollars you would think they would come up with a way to figure out my age from my wristband, just like all the other stuff they already know about me.

Nothing to do with Disney, you need to present an ID if they think you look under age to purchase alcohol. Has to be a government issue ID presented at time of purchase. Not a scan, photocopy or digital picture. The ID must be presented and it is the law.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom