MyMagic+ test starting today (Aug 2) allowing more FastPass+ selections at the Magic Kingdom

t3techcom18

Did anyone keep track of the times that normal FP ran out on the popular rides today (@RSoxNo1 or @lentesta maybe)? I believe @t3techcom18 mentioned that this test would draw from the normal allotment.

It's gunna be hard to notice because, like the current FP system works when it comes to rolling time slots, it's gunna be instantaneous.

The one very awkward thing about all of this, however, is that it will draw from the normal allotment.

For example: Say the FP+ folks completely sell out the 11-12 time slot for TSM.

The current FP machines will give out FP's from 10:55 to 11:55 but then immediately jump from there to 12-1.

AWKWARD.

TP2000

Why would anyone even need a FP for Wishes or Illuminations? Is it for a preferred viewing area? How can you have a FP for something for which there is no line?

I would assume its for a reserved viewing area.

In my opinion, the bigger question is why would anyone ever in all eternity need a FP for;
Captain EO
The Seas With Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk
Spaceship Earth
Journey Into Imagination
Beauty and the Beast Live On Stage
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Disney Junior Live On Stage
MuppetVision 3D
It's Tough To Be A Bug
Festival Of The Lion King
Finding Nemo: The Musical
Lights, Motors, Action!
The Great Movie Ride
it's a small world
Mickey's Philharmagic
Magic Carpets of Aladdin

At least they had the good sense to not add Fastpass to the Tiki Room, O Canada!, and The Hall of Presidents. Maybe those get added in Phase Two later in 2014?

But really, a lot of attractions on that list are a complete sham and utterly ridiculous to have ever been saddled with Fastpass. Just so they can offer a Fastpass to some stupid shmuck planning his vacation who doesn't know any better and take some of the heat off of Space Mountain and Test Track?

So much of this just doesn't make sense. It's like a super elaborate April Fool's joke that TDO is playing on someone. Except its August. :confused:

lentesta

Premium Member
Did anyone keep track of the times that normal FP ran out on the popular rides today (@RSoxNo1 or @lentesta maybe)? I believe @t3techcom18 mentioned that this test would draw from the normal allotment.

Yep.

The Magic Kingdom was open until 11 pm on 8/2/2013.

Big Thunder still had 10 pm Fastpasses available at 9:27 pm., so it didn't run out.
Barnstormer, Buzz, Dumbo, Jungle Cruise, Pooh and Under the Sea still had 9:55 pm Fastpasses at 9:27 pm., so they didn't run out.

Peter Pan ran out of FP around 6:30 pm.
Splash ran out around 7 pm.
Space Mountain ran out around 8:15 pm.

I'm not sure about the Town Square Mickey meet-and-greet on Main Street. FP return times were only running 45 minutes ahead as of 1 pm, so it's unlikely they ran out. Don't have any info on the Town Square princess m&g.

doctornick

While I definitely think more FP are needed for the MK, if this continues, I can see it backfiring a bit. If the average guest sees 4 vs 3 for all the other parks, they could assume all the other parks are a lesser experience, or at least that they are getting "more" at the MK. This could funnel even more people into the MK at the expense of the other parks. Better to just up it to 4 universally.

This would be my solution: 3 FP+ per day for all parks. Then allow additional "day of" FP+ based on available inventory after the reserved ones are taken. Since MK has more FP+ capacity (albeit also higher attendance), it is more likely to have "extra" unused FP+. Have some system where people could pick up these extra FP+ for attractions the day of which doesn't create the sense of one park being "better" because you wouldn't even know about/get extra FP+ until being in the park. And, theoretically, other parks could give out extra FP+ as well if they were available.

Computer Magic

I would assume its for a reserved viewing area.

In my opinion, the bigger question is why would anyone ever in all eternity need a FP for;
Captain EO
The Seas With Nemo & Friends
Turtle Talk
Spaceship Earth
Journey Into Imagination
Beauty and the Beast Live On Stage
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Disney Junior Live On Stage
MuppetVision 3D
It's Tough To Be A Bug
Festival Of The Lion King
Finding Nemo: The Musical
Lights, Motors, Action!
The Great Movie Ride
it's a small world
Mickey's Philharmagic
Magic Carpets of Aladdin

At least they had the good sense to not add Fastpass to the Tiki Room, O Canada!, and The Hall of Presidents. Maybe those get added in Phase Two later in 2014?

But really, a lot of attractions on that list are a complete sham and utterly ridiculous to have ever been saddled with Fastpass. Just so they can offer a Fastpass to some stupid shmuck planning his vacation who doesn't know any better and take some of the heat off of Space Mountain and Test Track?

So much of this just doesn't make sense. It's like a super elaborate April Fool's joke that TDO is playing on someone. Except its August. :confused:
Agreed, I don't like people being taken advantage of. First timers will be very disappointed walking up to some of those attractions and there is no line. Then the CM at the attraction giving a puzzle look and saying, this must be your first WDW trip

Grumpy21

Agreed, I don't like people being taken advantage of. First timers will be very disappointed walking up to some of those attractions and there is no line. Then the CM at the attraction giving a puzzle look and saying, this must be your first WDW trip

Judging people on what they their fastpass's on? Some guests don't ride roller coasters and just enjoy shows. Some guests only go for the parades. Some guests just go to see someone else entertained by the disney experience. I myself just go for the look on my children's faces when they go on a ride. I never go on rides but like to see the shows and parades. Lets not start telling people what they should use fast passes on. To eac h their own. I've recently read these threads and have a lot of fun every time I go. But again I understand if its not your thing, then to each their own. I love disney and will always go.

MOXOMUMD

Judging people on what they their fastpass's on? Some guests don't ride roller coasters and just enjoy shows. Some guests only go for the parades. Some guests just go to see someone else entertained by the disney experience. I myself just go for the look on my children's faces when they go on a ride. I never go on rides but like to see the shows and parades. Lets not start telling people what they should use fast passes on. To eac h their own. I've recently read these threads and have a lot of fun every time I go. But again I understand if its not your thing, then to each their own. I love disney and will always go.
He's not telling people what they should or shouldn't use their FP on. He's pointing out advice that some of these are NEVER full and you don't really need a FP. He's saying that first timers (many who don't do their homework) could waste their FP on these then may not get the opportunity to ride something they may want or at least not with a long wait in the standby line.

Not to be rude but being new to this forum, maybe you should be a little less judgemental yourself.

Computer Magic

He's not telling people what they should or shouldn't use their FP on. He's pointing out advice that some of these are NEVER full and you don't really need a FP. He's saying that first timers (many who don't do their homework) could waste their FP on these then may not get the opportunity to ride something they may want or at least not with a long wait in the standby line.

Not to be rude but being new to this forum, maybe you should be a little less judgemental yourself.

Thanks, thats what I was saying. Good use of FP+ not what you ride. In fact the more people that choose Captin EO over Soarin the better for me.

ToTBellHop

Thanks, thats what I was saying. Good use of FP+ not what you ride. In fact the more people that choose Captin EO over Soarin the better for me.
It won't be the first time that we smart people benefit from the stupids.

For example, I always laugh when I see people shopping at Kohl's on a Tuesday buying at full price. But the money Kohl's makes off them let's me enjoy 60% off (of their obviously inflated sticker price) on my jeans on Saturday morning.

rioriz

And this is why I think FP+ will work at WDW and not DL. WDW overwhemingly caters to infrequent visitors that have no idea or care littel that some of the rides are walk ons. It will disperse the crowds and Disney wants even if it is not needed. It will benefit the freaquent visitors if the non frequent ones use FP+ for the smaller attractions that are not needed.

FP+ wont work as well in DL because many are locals who already know some attractions never need a FP to ride. Most decide the day of or days before if they are coming to DL and do not need to do much planning

dadddio

And this is why I think FP+ will work at WDW and not DL. WDW overwhemingly caters to infrequent visitors that have no idea or care littel that some of the rides are walk ons. It will disperse the crowds and Disney wants even if it is not needed. It will benefit the freaquent visitors if the non frequent ones use FP+ for the smaller attractions that are not needed.

FP+ wont work as well in DL because many are locals who already know some attractions never need a FP to ride. Most decide the day of or days before if they are coming to DL and do not need to do much planning
It seems that the logic works just as well in reverse. A local AP holder isn't likely to visit infrequently and rush to the most popular attractions. Instead, he might go all the time for just a little while, only hitting a few attractions per visit. These frequent visitors might pull FPs for the few attractions that they are going to visit, regardless of whether they typically have long lines.

ddrongowski

I think what Disney should do is just force everyone to have a Disney made schedule of where they will be, and what they will do, while on Disney property.

ddrongowski

Just watched the video wdwyankee15 linked. FP+ for character meet? REALLY! This may be better than I thought! WAY TO DO DISNEY!!!!

ddrongowski

Helpdesk?!?! How many here like calling any IT for help? This is going to be a huge failure, even though Disney is going to make it happen.

G8rchamps

For those interested, here is the list of Fastpass+ Attractions for the August Testing that came up when my family was booking ours for the last two weeks of August (NOTE: EDITED to include Fantasmic!, Illuminations, Wishes, CDCTP and MSEP on weekends. Also I italicized what appears to be new for this round of testing:

Magic Kingdom (25 Attractions)
"it's a small world"
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
EDIT: Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade (Fri, Sat, & Sunday)
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Enchanted Tales with Belle
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Mad Tea Party
EDIT: Main Street Electrical Light Parade (Fri, Sat, & Sunday)
Meet Ariel at her Grotto
Mickey's PhilharMagic
Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
Peter Pan's Flight
Pirates of the Caribbean
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
The Barnstormer
The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
Tomorrowland Speedway
Town Square Theater Mickey Mouse
Town Square Theater Princesses
Under the Sea - Journey of the Little Mermaid
EDIT: Wishes (Fri, Sat, & Sunday)

We are going in 3 weeks and I was just on the dining pages. I can reserve a FP for lunch at Be Our Guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom