MyMagic+ Efficiency Update

PhotoDave219

How is it possible for ALL cast memebers to know the inner workings of the system? If they say it's a known issue and it's being worked on that's all they probably know. If they knew you were upset don't you think they would tell you ANYTHING that may have helped the situation? Or maybe they just liked getting yelled at and withheld information they had. Not everyone works in IT or specifically with Magic + and knows the inner workings of the system. When something goes down on my car i know it's broken and take it to a mechanic to work on it. I know of the issue and know it's being worked on, but i don't know the details on what is being done. I also don't care about the details as long as it gets fixed. Let's say this CM told you the details on how it's being fixed. Would that even had made a difference? The system still wouldn't have worked for you and you would still be upset.

I'm happy you are sharing your experience so others may know of the issues.

The MM+ cast has been in the parks since when the first RFID turnstyles went online. Theyre supposed to be the ones who have the specialized information and knowledge on how this works.

PhotoDave219

Your experience is the exception, not the norm. We know that challenges have occurred for some reservations, but your case is not the typical guest experience. And rest assured these challenges are documented and passed to IT and talked in conference calls. 95% of guest test experience smooth results and that's more than acceptable for a test of a system that integrates several different computer systems and affects most lines of business at WDW. It sounds like there were challenges between the linking of your resort reservation to MDX. Previously the only fix was to rebook, there is already a "relink" function rolling into the live system as a result of testing.

Thats a lot of corporate speak.

Care to try and put that in common english? We dont speak "middle management." :D

Grumpy21

Whats the significance to Sept 28th? I begin my holiday on the 26th and can make fastpass+ selections up to this point, no magicbands in my account, however i have just had it confirmed all POR guests will have them from

My friend is going the same time and showed me this. They are also staying at PORS

PhotoDave219

Oh and without streaming too far off topic, another reason why we are so annoyed was because we arrived early to go to the parks during the afternoon, and expected to be back by 3pm when our rooms should be ready. Instead, our rooms were not ready at 3pm and our bands did not give access to the rooms. An hour later, we are given our rooms, only to have one of the rooms contain vomit all of the toilet. Yes, I said it, vomit.

It was disgusting and repulsive. And to claw tooth and nail for hours at a front desk only to be given a room with puke in it, well that's not very "magical" to me.

And needless to say it was a lot of money.

Thats unacceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

lazyboy97o

Yes, bugs are expected in testing, but part of the testing process means taking the time to address them properly before proceeding to the next phase of testing. Disney is not doing that. They are pushing ahead with bigger tests because the project is already behind schedule and they're using the test to shrug off issues that need to be addressed before moving forward. This is a mentality that has clearly been pushed down through the ranks, as shown by the arrogant refusal of the offer by @spacemt354 to use a different name.

If the name issue truly did exist beforehand, then that only makes it worse and completely tosses out the testing excuse. That means it was a known issue that should have been resolved as part of creating a new system.

Last edited:

cbsav

so are you saying when you buy a ticket today... they should call or tell you:
"thank you for visiting the most magical place on earth... please be advised it may rain, a ride may go down, a show be cancelled, you may experience a line, you may experience Brazilian or teenage tour groups, a burger may cost you more than you like, you may not get ADR's to the restaurant you want the day before, World of Motion and Horizons is no longer with us, there are no monorails to DHS or AK, the animals at AK may poop during your visit, no harry potter and shamu aren't here, you may get wet on splash mountain, and it may be hot" ya know... just in case.

I mean, "Hell they never said i'd be inconvenienced at all."

If you were just an average joe disney guest, this wouldn't sound pretty enticing? This would make you think this is still in BETA testing, rather than soft launch?

As a tester, you get to try our NEW MagicBand.
This cool and colorful wristband is an all-in-one accessory that connects you to all of the selections you've made. You can use the MagicBand to:
•Enter your Disney Resort hotel room with just a touch.
•Enter the Walt Disney World Parks (valid Park admission required).
•Access the FastPass+ attractions and shows you've selected.
•Purchase food and merchandise at select locations*.
And, test our new FastPass+ service to reserve access to select attractions and shows before you leave home.
Disney FASTPASS® Service has always been a great way to enjoy Walt Disney World attractions with little or no wait. During this test, with the NEW Disney FastPass+ service** you can reserve access to select attractions and shows in advance (valid Theme Park admission required).

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
"thank you for visiting the most magical place on earth... please be advised it may rain, a ride may go down, a show be cancelled, you may experience a line, you may experience Brazilian or teenage tour groups, a burger may cost you more than you like, you may not get ADR's to the restaurant you want the day before, World of Motion and Horizons is no longer with us, there are no monorails to DHS or AK, the animals at AK may poop during your visit, no harry potter and shamu aren't here, you may get wet on splash mountain, and it may be hot" ya know... just in case.

If the company in question is renown for customer service, and that customer service is known to revolve around vacations at their resort, you may not expect their "test" to turn your $10,000 vacation into a marathon of suckage. Your expectations are also, at least in part, based on being told that participating in this test is a good thing (edit: see handy reference post above). Really, if you are denied theme park entry, room entry, and fast pass access due to the test you should be reimbursed and more since the guest's Time and Money should be considered of some value to the company (which, many moons ago, it was). If I went to our local Six Flags and was told I could spend the day participating in test that should improve my experience and as a result was unable to ride roller coasters and contracted botulism, I would demand my money back along with emergency room access. Otherwise, your analogy makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster

What kind of analogy is this? I think I can speak for myself, and a majority of people on here who are frustrated with the current testing results, that all of the above you listed does not ruin a Walt Disney World vacation. Why? Because guests understand going into their vacation that those things occur. It's relatively common knowledge.

What we don't know is how informed and cognizant a company is with regard to their new technology, and how far along in beta testing they are. Their pixie dust laced pamphlet paints the picture that your vacation will be enhanced with these new bands, not compromised to the extent where not one component of the technology functions properly. But yeah, it's still our fault because we chose to test and we should have known that Disney is throwing their employees out into the fire with little background info so they can learn on the fly, while the guests testing are still paying top dollar deluxe prices, for top dollar deluxe service.

Maybe we expected too much from the resort that prides itself on guest service...

WDWYankee15

While I agree for the most part, I will say that if you are participating in the MyMagic+ test, you don't get to use both Fastpass+ and standard Fastpass options. We had to chose between those options, we did not get both. At least that is what the manager had told us at the front desk.

Sorry I don't have time to read through the pages of this thread that have developed over the last day to look for if anyone else commented on this.

Can anyone else confirm that those participating in the MyMagic+ testing, who had Fastpass+ reservations were still allowed to obtain and use regular Fastpasses? I have been told by multiple CM's on the reservation line and MyMagic+ questions help number (for what that is worth) that we would be able to still have the same benefits of any Disney Resort guest (to include the normal FastPass system) and that the MyMagic+ testing is a "bonus" in order to help WDW test their new system. Of course I am a bit nervous reading all the things I am seeing now about misinformation. I have read numerous threads on this site and others that said right now you are able to get both.

I will feel a lot better if someone with first hand knowledge (a MyMagic+ test participant during August 2013 who had FastPass+ reservations) can say that they were able to get regular FassPasses with their Keys to the World Card just as the would have if they were not particpating.

Thank you.

WDWDad13

those of you who have had their vacation experience seriously impacted due to what you call being forced to use Magic Bands... I guarantee if you talked to guest relations (in person, email, letter, etc.) you would receive something in return

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Sorry I don't have time to read through the pages of this thread that have developed over the last day to look for if anyone else commented on this.

Can anyone else confirm that those participating in the MyMagic+ testing, who had Fastpass+ reservations were still allowed to obtain and use regular Fastpasses? I have been told by multiple CM's on the reservation line and MyMagic+ questions help number (for what that is worth) that we would be able to still have the same benefits of any Disney Resort guest (to include the normal FastPass system) and that the MyMagic+ testing is a "bonus" in order to help WDW test their new system. Of course I am a bit nervous reading all the things I am seeing now about misinformation. I have read numerous threads on this site and others that said right now you are able to get both.

I will feel a lot better if someone with first hand knowledge (a MyMagic+ test participant during August 2013 who had FastPass+ reservations) can say that they were able to get regular FassPasses with their Keys to the World Card just as the would have if they were not particpating.

Thank you.

If that is true...well that is just more material to include in our letter to Guest Services. We were specifically told it was one or the other. If that information was incorrect, that's a real shame.

WDWYankee15

If that is true...well that is just more material to include in our letter to Guest Services. We were specifically told it was one or the other. If that information was incorrect, that's a real shame.

I will agree and would feel bad for you but I want to get a clear answer so I can try to make a sound decision for my family.

CaptainShortty

Thank you.

It is not a broadcasted bonus of the test but yes, it is possible. The old and new FP systems do not talk to each other in regards to which times and FPs you have.

WDWYankee15

It is not a broadcasted bonus of the test but yes, it is possible. The old and new FP systems do not talk to each other in regards to which times and FPs you have.

Is this based upon first hand experience or what you have heard? I have heard that in lots of places but I am looking for someone to confirm that this is the case and that they did this themselves.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom