My wifes one ( or two) MINOR Complaint(s)

dave&di

How is it easier for them? They have to keep a running list of who wants a paper in what room on each day. They then have to have CMs running all over the resorts, handing out those papers. How is that easier than having them placed in one or two locations where the people that want them can grab them?

It's easier for them to not deliver any then it is for me to pick one up.

This is how I see it, I stay at deluxe resorts at WDW which is what I'm basing my opinion on. These resorts aren't cheap, the resorts themselves aren't anything special you're basically paying for the location. I spend 2 years saving to stay at a deluxe, I could visit WDW once a year at a moderate but chose to go every 2 years at a deluxe. On my past trips I've enjoyed the pleasure of stepping out my bed and reading a paper without having to go anywhere! I'm a creature of habit, at home I love to read the paper first thing in the morning, being from the UK I enjoy reading a different paper and reading what America is up to!

I saw the paper as a lovely perk, so now I have to go out and get one myself I feel I'm getting less for my money.

I stay at 2 other resorts after I leave WDW during my Florida holiday, the GF is the most expensive one and yet the other 2 will deliver a paper to my door.

This won't ruin my holiday obviously, it won't make a dent in it! But it will be something I will miss and feel a bit let down on.

Another point I've just thought of, if the papers can be found by the elevators, does this mean each building? So someone has to go to each building to place the papers by the elevator, what's wrong with slipping them under a few doors as your there! If only 2% of that building request one, what's the problem.

mergatroid

Let's be honest in the big scheme of things, if having to walk a short distance to collect a paper is going to really inconvenience you then you're going to struggle enjoying a Disney vacation. I'm sure for some it's a nice luxury to open your door to find a paper there first thing in the morning, but I doubt it's a 'deal breaker' having to enjoy a leisurely stroll through a nice Disney hotel to collect a paper saying a cheery "Good morning" to strangers as you pass before returning to your room.

To the op, I've learned that in scenarios like this there's a simple answer that won't cause you great hardship and may in fact reward you in return. Get up yourself leaving your lovely wife in bed and pop down and get the paper for her. A quick smile to any ladies you pass and a "How you doing" 'Friends Joey style' will hopefully result in a smile and greeting back (rather than a sexual harassment law suit). Upon your return your wife will have her paper and you can say "It's perfectly alright honey, if it makes your day I'm more than happy to collect the paper for you" (I find not mentioning the flirting with random women on route works best). It's quite astonishing how much such a simple gesture on your part will be repaid in brownie points.

Or don't you love your wife?

:D :wave:

majorrfb

Let's be honest in the big scheme of things, if having to walk a short distance to collect a paper is going to really inconvenience you then you're going to struggle enjoying a Disney vacation. I'm sure for some it's a nice luxury to open your door to find a paper there first thing in the morning, but I doubt it's a 'deal breaker' having to enjoy a leisurely stroll through a nice Disney hotel to collect a paper saying a cheery "Good morning" to strangers as you pass before returning to your room.

To the op, I've learned that in scenarios like this there's a simple answer that won't cause you great hardship and may in fact reward you in return. Get up yourself leaving your lovely wife in bed and pop down and get the paper for her. A quick smile to any ladies you pass and a "How you doing" 'Friends Joey style' will hopefully result in a smile and greeting back (rather than a sexual harassment law suit). Upon your return your wife will have her paper and you can say "It's perfectly alright honey, if it makes your day I'm more than happy to collect the paper for you" (I find not mentioning the flirting with random women on route works best). It's quite astonishing how much such a simple gesture on your part will be repaid in brownie points.

Or don't you love your wife?

:D :wave:

Love your humor, you should consider writing. :sohappy:

Another point I've just thought of, if the papers can be found by the elevators, does this mean each building? So someone has to go to each building to place the papers by the elevator, what's wrong with slipping them under a few doors as your there! If only 2% of that building request one, what's the problem.

It is a huge amount of hassle to go thru for only a very small percentage of guests. That is what the problem is.

I want to say too that you hit it right on the head, what you are paying for at a Disney Deluxe resort is location. They would not be considered deluxe resorts anywhere else.

dave&di

It is a huge amount of hassle to go thru for only a very small percentage of guests. That is what the problem is.

I want to say too that you hit it right on the head, what you are paying for at a Disney Deluxe resort is location. They would not be considered deluxe resorts anywhere else.

I completely agree, Disney Deluxe are not really deluxe at all! I will be sending my OH out to get my paper as Mergatroid suggested!

bethymouse

Huh?

It sounds like you're cutting the line to me. One parent waits in line while the other parent keeps the children close to the building. When the bus comes, the parent and children then rejoin the other parent in line. That is line cuttting. Or, perhaps I misunderstood what you said. :wave:

I don't see anything wrong w/ that? Maybe I am wrong, but people "save" places in line all of the time, don't they? Is that wrong? I know they say your entire party has to be there, but at times I have even had to take little ones out of line to go ______!:ROFLOL:

I don't see anything wrong w/ that? Maybe I am wrong, but people "save" places in line all of the time, don't they? Is that wrong? I know they say your entire party has to be there, but at times I have even had to take little ones out of line to go ______!:ROFLOL:

No, trying to save a place in line is not that common. In part because it is just not that easy to do with the way many of the queues wind around. Also because many of the queues are not wide enough to try and get around people without having to make physical contact with them.

My own opinion is that everyone has to be in line. Someone can leave for a bathroom emergency, and try and get back in if they can, but that is it. You at least try to wait in the line.

Minnie1976

I like the newspaper. I don't read it on vacation, but I love it at home. Just found out that our local paper, The Times-Picayune, starting in the fall will only be delivered 2 or 3 times a week. I just like to thumb through the paper and to hold a book not an electronic device when I'm reading. I find out more news from the paper edition of the newspaper than people who are supposed to be reading it online.

Lucky

There's not the slightest thing wrong with it in my opinion. It's stupid for everyone to stand in one long line in the hot sun at the Pop bus stop when there's shade 10 feet away. One person per party in line is sufficient. And they should put a canopy of some sort over it.

wdwfan22

There's not the slightest thing wrong with it in my opinion. It's stupid for everyone to stand in one long line in the hot sun at the Pop bus stop when there's shade 10 feet away. One person per party in line is sufficient. And they should put a canopy of some sort over it.

I disagree with that statement, everyone should stand in line, because people don't I can't begin to tell you how many fights i've seen especially in attraction queues. It's one thing if a child has to go to the bathroom but when a party of 4 tries to join the line it's not happening in front of me.

luv

Why one person? Why not none?

Either you need to wait in line or you don't, KWIM?

If three people can cut, so can four.

You know, some of us go to Florida so we can be in the sun! How about you wear a hat? Or carry an umbrella, I have seen people do that to keep the sun off of them. If I wanted to be in a temperature controlled environment and ride some rides I'd go to the Mall of America. In Florida I want to be out in the sun!!!

lazyboy97o

I agree that, at least at the Deluxe Resorts, the newspapers should be delivered to the rooms of guests who want them. Yes, it is easier for Disney to have people go to the elevator, but doing what is easiest for the staff is not what earns and maintains a reputation for having the best service.

bethymouse

I understand...

I understand the frustration! Again- it's people taking advantage of the system and being selfish that ruins the experience for everyone!:(

I don't start a "fight", but my husband has reported line hopping ( mostly teenagers and/or folks who don't speak English- sorry if this sounds prejudice- it's not meant to be)!:eek: The CMs take care of it, and usually there is no problem.

I think waiting in line for a ride is a bit different from waiting in line for a bus IMHO.:shrug:

Waiting in line for characters is even worse! The lines get all mixed up and confusing!:lookaroun I have seen people really take advantage of that situation. Again, we told a CM (hate doing that!):fork: and the CM made their party wait until it was their turn! When we got our turn, the characters took extra time w/ us!:)

Overall, I wish it were a perfect world where everyone would respect each other and show a little kindeness!:D

Raven66

My husband will just grab a paper on the way back from filling the mugs.

I think there should be coverings too.

My husband and I will stand in the bus line and send the kid to sit down. We did that mostly when she was little. A lot of people do it and then bring them back to the line when the bus arrives. Never in an attraction line tho.

Dads 2 Boys

Ok, I realize I asked this once but didn't get an answer so I'm hoping the 2nd time helps (then I'm done, I swear) :)

Don't all of the Value resorts have a covered area about 4 steps from the bus stop line up? Pop Century does, I seem to recall that ASMu does, doesn't ASMo and AS-S (have to hyphenate that one so I don't say a bad word)

Why can't people that are so upset about rain or sun stand there? I realize if the line up gets huge you may worry about getting a seat but then you have a choice...you can either get up and get in line or you can stay under the shelter out of the weather and then walk 4 steps to the bus stop.

I guess I just don't see it as a big deal since you're going to be out in the weather in the parks going between attractions and there is shelter provided just not directly over the line up

Here's a picture of the Pop Bus Stop do the other values have the same set-up?
http://s231432788.onlinehome.us/lotion/pics/SS20071219-WDWHolidayHotelPopCentury/P01-0003.JPG

This is called...making sense. :)

MaryJaneP

1. RE: newspaper - willing to read it but not to retrieve it from elevator lobby. I know it isn't you, but it sounds contradictory to complain about walking for a newspaper but being in a place that requires alot of walking to tour the parks.

2. RE: Bus stop covers - maybe relocate loading to under covered area, early morning sun isn't so hot, go at night/overcast days/total solar eclipse.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom